疯狂英语突破对话(李阳)3B
大耳朵英语  http://www.bigear.cn  2007-12-06 00:05:01  【打印
感谢大耳朵网友"luckyllj”提供的听力原文

(2)New Job 新工作的开始

A:So, how was traffic this morning?

今天早上的交通怎么样?

B:Not bad at all. It took me only twenty minutes to get here. By the way, I was wondering about my hours. I arrived here at 9:00 today. Would it be better if I came earlier?

不算太坏。我只用了20分钟就到了这里。顺便问一下,我还不知道我们的工作时间呢。我今天9点到的。是不是要提早一点呢?

A:Yes. Would you mind getting here around 8:30? We usually have our managers meeting at 9:00.

是的。八点半左右来你不会介意吧。我们通常在9点钟召开经理会。

B:No problem. And when do you usually leave, 5:00?

没问题。你通常什么时候离开,五点?

A:Well, we usually leave when the work’s done. Sometimes that’s 6:00 or even later. Let’s play it by ear.

通常是工作完成了,我们就离开。有时候到6点或更晚。咱们看着办吧。

B:Sure thing. And one more thing. Could you tell me how the telephone works?

那没问题。另外还有一件事,你能告诉我怎么使用电话吗?

A:Sure. Dial 9 for an outside line, and then the number you are calling. If you want to contact anyone in the office, just dial their extension.

当然可以。打外线时先拨9,然后再拨电话号码。如果是和公司里的人通话只要拨他们的分机号码就行了。

B:OK. Thanks for your help.

好。谢谢你的帮助。

9、 An Important Meeting

重要会议

A:Hello, Jim. How are you doing?

喂,吉姆,你好吗?

B:Fine! And yourself?

很好!你呢?

A:Can’t complain. Did you have time to look at my proposal? I think it’s going to be helpful.

没什么可抱怨的,你抽空看我的建议书了吗?我想它对公司会大有帮助的。

B:No, not really. Can we go over it now? I have some time.

还没呢。我们现在可以看一下吗?我现在有时间。

A:Sure. I’ve been trying to come up with some new production and advertising strategies. First of all, if we want to stay competitive, we need to modernize our factory. New equipment is long overdue. We’re behind the times.

当然可以。我在考虑推出一些新产品和广告策略。首先我们如果要保持竞争力的话,就需要使我们的工厂现代化。我们早就应该添置新设备了,那些早已过时。

B:How much will that cost? We have to think about our budget you know.

费用是多少?我们必须要考虑财政预算。

A:We have several options ranging from one hundred thousand dollars all the way up to half a million.

我们有几种选择,从10万美元到50万美元都有。

B:OK. We’ll have to discuss these costs with finance.

我们得跟财务部门讨论这些开支。

A:We should also consider human resources. I’ve been talking to personnel as well as our staff at the factories. We need some new people.

我们同时还要考虑人力资源问题。我已经跟人事部与工厂职员谈过了。我们需要些新人。

B:What’s the picture?

情况怎么样?

A:We’ll probably have to hire three or four engineers to help us modernize the factory.

我们可能得雇用三至四个工程师,来帮助我们实现工厂现代化。

B:What about advertising?

广告的事怎么办?

A:Marketing has some interesting ideas for television commercials. They really seem powerful.

市场部对电视广告的点子很有意思。他们好像能起到作用。

B:TV—isn’t that a bit too expensive for us? What’s wrong with advertising in the papers, as usual?

电视对我们来说是不是太贵了一点?像往常一样在报上打广告有什么不好呢?

A:Quite frankly, it’s just not enough anymore. We need to be more aggressive in order to keep ahead of our competitors. This is 21st century.

坦白地说吧,这太不够劲了。我们必须加强攻势,才能走在竞争对手的前面。这可是21世纪了。

B:Will we be able to afford all this? I’m not so sure.

我们能付得起这么多钱吗?我不是很有把握。

A:Well, I’ll look into it, but I think higher costs will be justified. These investments will result in higher profits for our company.

嗯,我调查一下吧,但我认为多花一点钱是值得的。这样的投资将使我们公司获得更高的利润。

B:We’ll have to look at these figures more closely. Have finance draw up a budget for these investments.

我们得仔细看看这些数据。让财务部起草一份投资预算。

A:Will do. Thanks for your time.

行。谢谢你抽出时间来跟我讨论。

10、 On the Phone打电话

(1)Social Call 社交电话

A:Hello?

喂?

B: Hi, is Jane there?

喂,简在吗?

A:May I ask who’s calling?

请问是哪位?

B:This is Martin.

我是马丁。

A:Hold on, I’ll get her.

等等,我去叫他。

B:Thanks.

谢谢。

C:Hello?

喂?

B:Hi, Jane, this is Martin. How are you doing?

喂,简,我是马丁。你好吗?

C:I’m great, how are you?

很好,你好吗?

B:Fine. I was wondering if you’d like to go out to dinner tonight?

很好。你今天晚上想不想跟我出去吃饭?

C:That would be terrific. Where should we go?

好啊。去哪儿?

B:I thought we could try that new place on the corner by your apartment building.

我想我们可以去你住处拐角处的那个新开的饭馆。

C:Good idea. What time should we meet?

好。咱们什么时间见面?

B:Why don’t I come pick you up at around 7:00?

我7点左右来接你怎么样?

C:I’ll be ready!

那我等你!

(2)Business Call 公务电话

A:Li Yang Crazy English Company, good morning.

早上好,李阳疯狂英语公司。

B:Good morning. May I speak to Andrew Zhang, plase.

早上好。请找一下安德鲁•张。

A:I’m sorry, Mr. Zhang is in a meeting at the moment. Can he call you back?

对不起,张先生在开会。可以让他给你回电话吗?

B:Sure thing.

当然可以。

A:Can I have your name and number, please.

请把你的名字和电话号码给我。

B:Yes, this is Peter Chen from Beijing. I’m at 87367059.

好的,我是北京的彼得•陈。我的号码是:87367059。

A:I’ll have him call you right back.

我让他很快给你回电话。

B:Thanks.

谢谢。

A:Mr. Chen, please.

请找陈先生。

B:I’m sorry, Mr. Chen just stepped away from his desk. May I take a message?

对不起,陈先生刚好走开了。要给他留言吗?

A:Would you ask him to call Mr. Zhang from Li Yang Crazy English Company?

请叫他给李阳疯狂英语公司的张先生打个电话好吗?

B:May I ask what this is in reference to?

可以问问是关于什么事情吗?

A:I’m just returning his call.

我是回他的电话。

B:OK. I’ll give him the message.

好的。我会转告他。

A:Thanks. Good-bye.

谢谢。再见。

11、 Eating Out 外出用餐

(1)Making a Reservation预约订餐

A:Greenery Cafe.

您好,绿茵阁。

B:Hi, I’d like to make dinner reservations for 7:30 tonight.

你好,我想预定今天晚上7:30的晚餐座位。

A:We’re all booked at 7:30. How about 8:00 or 8:30?

我们7:30的座席都订光了。8:00或8:30怎么样?

B:8:00 is fine.

8:00可以。

A:For how many?

多少个人?

B:There will be two of us.

两个。

A:What’s your name and number, please?

请告诉我您的姓名和电话号码。

B:Zhao. My number is 86657152.

我姓赵。电话是86657152。

A:So, that’s a table for two at 8:00 p.m. We look forward to seeing you, Mr. Zhao.

两人一桌,晚上八点。赵先生,我们恭候您的光临。

(2) Ordering 点菜

A:We have a few specials on the menu this evening. First there’s a lovely steak served with potatoes. And we have a delicious shrimp dish in a garlic sauce served over rice.

我们今天晚上有几个特色菜。首先是上等牛排加马铃薯。另外有喷香的蒜蓉虾饭。

B:Which one would you recommend?

那你推荐哪一个?

A:I think the steak is the best thing on the menu.

我认为牛排是菜单上最好的菜。

B:OK. I’ll have that then.

那好。我就要牛排。

A:How would you like your steak?

你的牛排要怎么做?

B:Medium rare.

中熟。/六分熟。

A:Anything to drink?

要喝点什么吗?

B:What kind of beer do you have?

你们有什么样的啤酒?

A:Blue Girl, Tiger, and Pearl River.

蓝妹、虎啤和珠江。

B:A Pearl River, please.

请来一瓶珠江啤酒。

A:Sure.

好的。

B:Actually, I’d rather have carrots than potatoes with my steak.

我想在牛排里放胡罗卜而不要马铃薯。

A:I’ll check with the chef, but I’m sure that won’t be a problem.

我要问一下厨师,不过我相信不会有问题的。

B:Great. Thanks for helping me out.

太好了。谢谢你。

(3)Checking 买单

A:Would you like some coffee or dessert?

你要不要来点咖啡或甜点?

B:I could go for some coffee. And you?

我想来点咖啡。你呢?

C:Nothing for me, thanks.

我什么都不要,谢谢。

B:Check, please.

买单。

A:Right away.

马上就来。

12、 Going to the Doctor’s看病

(1)Making an Appointment预约

A:I’d like to make an appointment to see Dr. Smith.

我想跟史密斯医生约个时间。

B:Is it an emergency?

是急诊吗?

A:Yes, I have a terrible stomachache.

是的,我胃疼得厉害。

B:In that case, how about this afternoon at 3:00?

这样的话,今天下午3点来好吗?

A:Fine. My name is Cindy Jones.

好。我叫辛迪•琼斯。

B:Have you been here before?

你以前来过这儿吗?

A:No. I haven’t.

没有。

B:Who referred you to us?

是谁告诉你来我们这儿的?

A:My neighbor, Tom Johnson.

我的邻居汤姆•约翰逊。

(2) Seeing a Doctor 看病

A:I’m here to see Dr. Smith.

我来见史密斯医生。

B:Your name?

你叫什么名字?

A:Cindy Jones.

辛迪•琼斯。

B:Ah, yes. Please fill out this form, with your name, address, and phone number. Do you have health insurance?

噢,对了。请填一下这张表,填上你的名字、地址和电话号码。你有医疗保险吗?

A:No, will that be a problem?

没有,这会不会是个问题?

B:I don’t think so. Stay here, Dr. Smith will be right with you.

我想不会。在这儿等着,史密斯医生很快就会来的。

C:What seems to be the problem?

有什么地方不舒服吗?

A:Well, I woke up today with a terrible pain in my stomach.

我今天一早起来就胃疼得厉害。

C:Lie down. Does it hurt when I press here?

躺下。我压这儿的时候痛不痛?

A:A little bit.

有一点疼。

C:Have you been taking any medication?

你吃过什么药吗?

A: No.

还没有。

C:Do you have a fever?

发烧吗?

A:No, I don’t think so.

不,我想我不发烧。

C:I’ll give you a prescription that should get rid of the problem. Take this and if you don’t feel better in a few days call me.

我给你开个处方,应该能治好你的病。如果这药吃几天还不见效的话,就告诉我。

A:Thank you, doctor.

谢谢你,医生。

13、 Shopping for Medicine 买药

A:Hi, Kim. I haven’t seen you in ages.

你好,金姆。好久不见了。

B:Sara, hi, how’s it going? I have to pick up some cough medicine for my husband. He has a bad cough.

莎拉,你好吗?我来给我丈夫抓点咳嗽药。他咳嗽得很厉害,

A:How about this one here? It’ll help him sleep.

这个怎么样?对他的睡眠有好处。

B:Let me see. $15.99? ! What a rip-off !

让我看看。15.99元?!简直是敲诈!

A:This one is cherry flavored and won’t cause drowsiness.

这个是樱桃味,而且不会让人打瞌睡。

B:I’ll take that. And I need to get some aspirin, too.

我要那个吧。我还要一些阿斯匹林。

A:I have to get this prescription for my son. He has a cold as well.

我要给儿子抓药。他也感冒了。

B:I’m sorry to hear that. Would you like to get some coffee afterwards and catch up on things?

真是太不巧了。办完事后要不要来喝杯咖啡我们聊聊?

A:I’d love to, but I promised my son I’d be home right away. He’s really not feeling well and I left him home alone.

我当然乐意。但我答应过儿子马上回去的。他病得很厉害,我把他一个人留在家里。

B:Well, maybe some other time. I’ll give you a call.

好吧,或许可以另外再找时间。我会给你打电话的。

A:Yes, please do. Bye. And give my best to your husband. I hope he feels better too!

好,一定要打。再见。代我向你丈夫问好。希望他快点好起来。

B:I will. Catch you later!

我会的。以后再聊。

A:Excuse me, sir. I have a prescription to fill.

对不起先生,我要配药。

B:Would you prefer tablets or liquid form?

你要药片还是要汤药?

A:Tablets, please.

药片。

B:Here you go. Take them three times a day right after meals.

给你。每日三餐后服用。

A:Thanks a lot.

多谢了。

B:And remember, there’s a refill on this prescription.

记住,这个配方还要配一次。

14、 Shopping 购物

(1)Buying Something买东西

A:Can I help you?

有什么需要我帮忙吗?

B:Yes, I’m looking for something to wear.

是的,我想买衣服。

A:What size do you wear, Ma’am?

太太,您穿多大号的衣服?

B:Medium, an eight or a ten.

中码,8号或10号。

A:Let me show you what we have. This dress is very beautiful. It’s the latest fashion. And here’s a green jacket that matches.

让我给你看看我们这的衣服。这条裙子非常漂亮,是最新时装。这件绿色上衣正好相配。

B:Green? No way! What about this skirt here?

绿色?那不行!这条裙子怎么样?

A:Good choice. It’s made of pure silk. This silk blouse would go with it very well.

这条不错。这是真丝的。这件丝绸衫衣跟它配起来非常合适。

B:Let me try it on. Where’s the dressing room?

让我试试吧。试衣室在哪儿?

A:Right over here.

就在那边。

B:Thanks.

谢谢。

(2)Returning Something 退货

A:I bought these pants here the other day, but they’re too big. I’d like to return them.

这裤子是我几天前买的,太大了,我想把它退了。

B:Do you have your receipt with you?

收据你带来了吗?

A:Sure, here you go.

当然了,在这儿。

B:Sir, these pants were on sale. We don’t take returns on sale items.

先生,这些裤子是减价卖的。减价卖的东西不能退。

A:How about a store credit?

给我信用记帐怎么样?

B:I’m afraid there are no returns at all on sale merchandise. I’m sorry, there is nothing we can do.

我想减价卖的东西根本就不能退的。对不起,我们没办法。

15、 At the Post Office 在邮局

A: Good morning. I’d like ten airmail stamps, please.

早上好。我要买十枚航空邮票。

B: That’s 50 cents a stamp. Anything else?

每枚5毛。还要别的吗?

A: Yes, this letter needs to go by registered mail.

是的,这封信要寄挂号。

B: Where’s it going?

寄哪儿?

A: To the New York State Department of Taxation.

纽约州税务部。

B: You’ll want to make sure that gets there on time!

Fill out this form and sign at the bottom.

你可不想让这封信迟到了!填好这张表,然后在下面签字。

A: Here you go. How much will that be?

给。多少钱?

B: OK, that’s 29 cents for the stamp and $2.00 to send it by registered mail. Is that it?

邮票是2毛9,挂号信2块。就这些吗?

A: Not really. The next thing on my list is a money order.

不,还有。我还要买张汇票。

B: Let me fill out the order form. Who is the addressee?

让我把表填好。收件人是谁?

A: English Language Textbooks.

英语教科书。

B: And the address?

地址是?

A: 250 5th Avenue New York, New York 12644.

纽约第五大街250号,邮编纽约12644。

B: And the amount of the money order?

汇票金额多少?

A: $15.75

15.75元

B: We charge $1.50 per money order, so it comes to $17.25 total. Anything else on your list?

每张汇票我们收费1.5元,合计是17.25元。你单子上还有别的吗?

A: One more thing. This letter is urgent. What’s the best way to send it?

还有,这封信很紧急。怎么寄最快?

B: If you send it express mail it’ll be $9.7 for the first 12 ounces.

如果你寄特快专递,12盎司收费9.70元。

A: Fine. It’s only a letter, it doesn’t weigh much.

好的。只不过一封信,不会有多重的。

B: Fill out the form, and put the letter inside this express mail envelope.

填好这个表,把信放在这个特快专递信封里。

A: Thanks. That’s all. You’ve been a big help.

谢谢。就这些了。你帮了我大忙。

B: Now, here’s the bad news: your total is $34.

我要告诉你个坏消息了,你总共要付34元钱。

16、 A Fun Night快乐的一晚

A:Mr. Wilson, I’d like you to meet my wife, Joan.

威尔逊先生,让我给您介绍我的太太琼。

B:Very nice to meet you. This is a wonderful party.

很高兴认识您。这个聚会好极了。

A:Nice to meet you. I’m glad you’re enjoying yourself.

有幸认识您。很高兴您玩得开心。

B:Would you like something to drink?

要不要喝点什么?

A:Yes, I’ll have a glass of white wine. Thank you.

给我来一杯白葡萄酒吧。谢谢。

B:There are some snacks over here. Please try some.

这儿有些小吃。请尝尝。

A:Mmm. They’re delicious. What recipe did you use?

啊,真好吃。您怎么做的?

B:Well, it’s a secret! Too bad your wife couldn’t join us tonight. I understand she had to leave town on business.

这是秘密!您太太今晚不能来真是太遗憾了。我知道她要出差。

A:Yes, unfortunately.

是的,真太不巧了。

B:So that leaves only you to take care of your son?

这样就只留下您照看儿子了。

B:We used to have a baby–sitter, but now he’s old enough to stay home alone.

我们以前有个保姆,但现在孩子大了,可以自己在家了。

A:How old is he?

他多大了?

B:Fourteen.

14岁。

A:Where does he go to school?

他在哪儿上学?

B:He’s at JFK High School.

在JFK中学。

A:What a coincidence. Our youngest goes to school there as well. She’ll graduate this spring.

真是太巧了。我们最小的女儿也在那上学。她今年春天毕业。

B:Does your daughter already know what she wants to do after graduation?

您女儿毕业后想干什么呢?

A:She’s thinking about going to Boston University.

她想去波士顿大学。

B:Oh, Boston is such a wonderful city for young people. As a matter of fact, I went there just last weekend.

噢,波士顿对年轻人来说真是个绝妙的城市。其实我上个周末刚去过那儿。

A:So did we.

我们也去了。

B:You’re kidding! What did you do there?

真的?你们去那儿做什么?

A:We just stopped for dinner on our way back from a skiing trip.

我们滑雪回来在那儿停留吃晚饭。

B:How nice! I used to go skiing all the time, but now I just don’t seem to find the time. Where did you say you went?

真棒!我过去常去滑雪,现在好像老没时间。你说你们去哪儿来着?

A:To a small, cozy place in Vermont. You should join us some time.

去了佛蒙特州一个小巧安逸的地方。你有时间可以跟我们一块去。

B:I’d love to. 好啊。

A:So tell us, how do you like life in New York?

你觉得纽约的生活怎么样?

B:It’s quite an adjustment. My wife and son are adapting quite well, though.

很多东西需要适应。我太太和儿子都很能适应的。

A:And what about you? 那你呢?

B:Between you and me, I just can’t get used to city life.

这只在你我之间说,我对城市生活就是不习惯。

17、 Plans for the Weekend周末活动

(1) Going on a Picnic 野炊

A:What a great day! Hey, Tom, do you want to go to the beach this weekend?

天气真好呀!嘿,汤姆,这个周末想去海滩吗?

B:Yeah, that’s a great idea. Maybe Sara and John would like to come along.

噢,太棒了。或许莎拉和约翰也想跟我们一块去。

A:I doubt it. They’re not seeing each other anymore.

不见得。他们已经吹了。

B:You’re kidding. 你说的是真的吗?

A:No, they split up last week. We should pack beach towels and sunscreen.

不骗你,他们上周分手了。我们应带上浴巾和防晒剂。

B:What happened? 发生了什么事?

A:I don’t really know. Maybe we could have a picnic. What do you think? Should we take some food?

我真的不知道。或许我们可以搞野餐。你觉得怎么样?我们要带些什么食品?

B:I can’t believe Sara and John. I always thought they’d get married one of these days. What a shame!

我真不相信莎拉和约翰会这样。我总认为他们有一天就要结婚。太遗憾了。

A:Get over it. It’s not like they were a match made in heaven. Let’s take sodas and sandwiches.

得了吧。他们也说不上是天生的一对。咱们还要带一些苏打水和三明治。

B:Sodas and sandwiches? What are you talking about?

苏打水和三明治?你到底在说什么呀?

A:About our picnic at the beach. Have you been listening to me?

我们的海滩野餐。你是不是在听我说话呀?

(2)Golfing 打高尔夫

A:So glad you could make it to the club today. Are you ready to play golf?

很高兴你今天能来俱乐部打高尔夫球。准备好了吗?

B:If I were any more ready, you wouldn’t stand a chance.

我要是准备得再好一点的话,你就没戏了。

A: Is that so? What do you say, loser pays for lunch at the club?

真的吗?谁输了就在俱乐部请客吃午饭怎么样?

B:Sounds good. I’m looking forward to the exercise.

可以。我正盼着运动运动呢。

A:Do you have all your clubs?

你的球棒全都带来了吗?

B:Yup. Wow, what an amazing course!

是的。啊,这个场子太棒了。

18、 Thanksgiving Day 感恩节

A:Hi, Jim, long time no see. 嘿,吉姆,好久没见了。

B:Ben! What’s new? 本,怎么样?

A:Nothing much. 不怎么样。

B:How was your Thanksgiving?

感恩节过得如何?

A:Oh, it was great—I slept late.

噢,过得很好。我睡了个大懒觉。

B:So did I. We didn’t have lunch till three.

我也睡懒觉了。我们到3点才吃中午饭。

A:I took my little sister to see the Thanksgiving Day parade before dinner. She loved it. Then we had a big family dinner around six.

晚饭前我带我的小妹去看了感恩节游行。她很喜欢看游行。我们一大家子人6点左右吃了顿团圆饭。

B:Who came? Anyone I know?

都有谁来了?有我认识的人吗?

A:Well, my older sister and her husband came for the whole weekend. You met her a couple of years ago, remember? And, of course, my stepbrothers stopped by for dinner on Thursday, and so did my aunts and uncles, with all their kids. The oldest is only nine. I had to play games all day long.

我姐姐和她丈夫来度周末。你几年前见过她,记得吗?当然,我的继兄弟星期四来吃晚饭了。我的伯母伯父带着孩子也来了。他们最大的才9岁。我一整天都得陪着他们玩游戏。

B:What a drag! So, how’s your sister doing? I haven’t seen her in ages.

真没劲。那你姐姐怎么样?我好长时间没见过她了。

A:She’s fine. She loves her new job.

她很好。她很喜欢她的新工作。

B:I didn’t know she had a new job.

我还不知道她换了新工作。

A:Neither did I. Also, she and Mike just bought a new house.

我也不知道呢。而且她和迈克刚买了一幢新房子。

B:I see they’re really getting into married life. Anyway, we had a small Thanksgiving. Just my parents, my sister, and I. My mom made a great dinner.

看得出来她们真正陶醉于婚后生活了。不过,我的感恩节客人不多,就我父母、我妹妹和我。我妈做的晚餐非常可口。

A:Oh, yeah – what did you have?

是吗。都做了些什么呀?

B:Well, turkey, of course, but she made this great stuffing with sausages and apples.

当然有火鸡了。她用腊肠和苹果做的馅特别好吃。

A:Mmm. 嗯。

B:Yeah, I really pigged out.

我真是吃了个痛快。

A:Join the club! My stepmother isn’t the best cook. But the turkey was good. I had enough to last me a lifetime. So, did you watch the game?

我们也如此!我继母也许不是最好的厨师,但火鸡确实做得不错。我吃得肚子撑破了天。那你看球赛了吗?

B:Are you kidding? Of course. And on a big screen TV. We just bought it last week.

开玩笑?当然看了。大屏幕电视,我们上周才买的。

A:Wow! Next Thanksgiving, I’m coming to your house.

哇!下次感恩节我上你们家过。

B:Hey, you’re missing the point! You’re supposed to be with family on Thanksgiving.

嘿,你这就不对了!感恩节应该跟家人一起过的。

A:I will be—with your family!

我会的——跟你的家人过!