环境英语中高级篇视频hello_h1l10
大耳朵英语  http://www.bigear.cn  2005-10-07 10:22:28  【打印
LESSON 10 Have you bought a baby blanket yet?
你买了婴儿毯了吗?

Mike: Are you ready, Steven? It's almost noon.
迈克: 准备好了吗, 史蒂文? 快中午了。
Steven: Hang on. I have one more phone call to make.
史蒂文: 别急。我再打个电话。
Steven: Hi, Anne. How are you? Has the plumber been there yet?
史蒂文: 嗨, 安妮, 你好吗? 管道工来了吗?
Anne: Yes.
安妮: 来了。
Steven: He's already been there? That's great!
史蒂文: 他已经来了? 太好了!
Anne: Yeah, but the pipe broke and flooded the basement.
安妮: 是啊。不过水管破了, 地下室被淹了。
Steven: Oh, no! I'll be right home.
史蒂文: 噢, 不! 我马上回去。
Anne: You don't need to come home. He's already fixed the pipe.
安妮: 你不用回来, 他已经把水管修好了。
Steven: He's already fixed it? That's great. Was there any damage?
史蒂文: 他已经修好了? 太棒了。有什么损坏吗?
Anne: I don't think so. I'm cleaning it up now.
安妮: 我想没有。我正在清扫。
Steven: You're terrific , honey. Has he given you the bill yet?
史蒂文: 你太棒了, 亲爱的。他给你账单了吗?
Anne: Yes. Here it is. . Oh, no!
安妮: 给了。在这儿呢⋯⋯ 噢, 天哪!
Steven: What?
史蒂文: 怎么了?
Anne: Three hundred dollars.
安妮: 三百美元。
Steven: I'll talk to you later, Anne.
史蒂文: 呆会儿我再跟你谈, 安妮。
Anne: What's wrong?
安妮: 有什么事吗?
Steven: Oh, nothing. We have to go.
史蒂文: 噢, 没什么, 我们得走了。
Mike: It can wait, Steven. What's wrong?
迈克: 这事不着急, 史蒂文。出了什么事?
Steven: I have to do all these things before the baby comes . I just don't have the time.
史蒂文: 我必须在孩子出生之前把这些事全做完, 我真的是没时间了。
Mike: Maybe I can help. Let's see what you've already done and what you still need to do. Have you bought a baby blanket yet?
迈克: 也许我能帮上忙。我们来看看你已经做了什么, 还有什么需要做的。你买婴儿毯了吗?
Steven: Yes, I've already bought two--a pink one and a blue one. 史蒂文: 买了, 我已经买了两条--一条粉色的, 一条蓝色的。
Mike: That's good. Let's see. Have you bought a crib yet? That's pretty important.
迈克: 很好。再想想。你买婴儿床了吗? 这可是很重要的。
Steven: Yes.
史蒂文: 买了。
Mike: Have you bought diapers and bottles yet? Maybe I can do that.
迈克: 买尿布和奶瓶了吗? 也许我能帮你买。
Steven: No. I've already bought diapers and bottles.
史蒂文: 不用, 我已经买尿布和奶瓶了。
Mike: How about clothes for the baby?
迈克: 婴儿的衣服呢?
Steven: I haven't bought any clothes yet. Anne wants to wait till after the baby is born. What I really need to buy is a baby carriage.
史蒂文: 我还没买婴儿衣服。安妮想等孩子出生后再买。我真正需要买的是辆婴儿车。
Mike: You haven't bought a baby carriage yet? Maybe I can help.
迈克: 你还没买婴儿车? 我也许能帮上忙。
Steven: Yes. Maybe we can do that tomorrow.
史蒂文: 嗯, 也许我们可以明天去买。
Mike: How about the baby's room?
迈克: 婴儿室怎么样了?
Steven: I've already carpeted the room. I've already bought wallpaper, but I haven't put it up yet.
史蒂文: 我已经把房间铺上地毯了。墙纸我也买了, 但还没有贴上。
Mike: Maybe I can help you with the baby's room.
迈克: 也许我能帮你布置婴儿室。
Steven: That would be great. And, oh, yes . I've already bought earplugs.
史蒂文: 那太好了。哦, 还有, 我已经买好耳塞。
Mike: Earplugs? For a baby?
迈克: 耳塞? 给孩子用的?
Steven: No, for me. I hear that babies cry all night.
史蒂文: 不, 是给我用的。我听说孩子整夜都哭。
Mike: You've already bought earplugs. It sounds like you are definitely ready for the baby. Now let's go. We're late.
迈克: 你竟然连耳塞都买好了。看来你真是为孩子的出生做好充分准备了。那么我们走吧, 已经晚了。
Connie : Let me tell you about my story. It's about holiday travel.
康妮: 我给你讲讲我的报道, 是关于假日旅行的。
Maria : I'd like to know about holiday travel.
玛丽亚: 我想知道假日旅行的事。
Connie : I'm going to interview people about their travel plans. I can interview you at the airport.
康妮: 我想就人们的旅行计划进行采访。我可以在机场采访你。
Maria : You'll have to find me first. The airports are so crowded!
玛丽亚: 你得先找到我。机场那么拥挤!
Connie : Exactly. Millions of people fly on the busiest days from the three New York airports: LaGuardia Airport, Newark Airport, and Kennedy Airport.
康妮: 确实是的。几百万的人在最繁忙的日子从纽约的三个机场起飞: 拉瓜地尔亚机场, 纽华克机场和肯尼迪机场。
Maria : What are the busiest days?
玛丽亚: 最繁忙的日子是什么时候?
Connie : Thanksgiving and Christmas are the busiest holidays. Everyone goes home, goes skiing in the mountains, or goes south to Florida.
康妮: 感恩节和圣诞节是最繁忙的假日。大家要么回家, 要么去山上滑雪, 要么南行去佛罗里达。
Maria : Then the snowstorms arrive. When the weather is bad, nothing moves.
玛丽亚: 那时通常会有暴风雪。气候一变坏, 什么都不能动了。
Connie : It's terrible when it snows.
康妮: 下雪的时候真是很糟糕。
Maria : People are late getting to work after their vacations.
玛丽亚: 人们度假后工作总会迟到。
Connie : Don't get snowed-in in Colorado. Steven will be very upset.
康妮: 别被雪阻在科罗拉多, 史蒂文会很苦恼的。