环境英语中级篇视频hello_i3l05
大耳朵英语  http://www.bigear.cn  2005-10-07 10:20:30  【打印
LESSON 5 "MURDER AT MIDNIGHT" IS PHOTOGRAPHED BEAUTIFULLY.
《午夜凶杀》的摄影水平很高


SCENE ONE: THE STUDIO
第一幕: 演播室

MIKE: This one's my favorite: "‘Murder at Midnight’is photographed beautifully. "
迈克: 这是我最喜欢听的:“《午夜凶杀》的摄影水平很高。”
STEVEN: Or this: "Of the three new shows this season, ‘Murder at Midnight’is the most skillfully directed."
史蒂文: 或者这个:“ 在本季度所拍的三部新戏里,《午夜凶杀》的导演技巧最高超。”
MARY BETH: When Jeff sees these great reviews, he'll cheer up.
玛丽• 贝思: 如果杰夫看到这些好评, 他会感到很振奋的。
MIKE: Yeah. Listen, "Jeff Bennett moves smoothly into his first big role."
迈克: 是的。听这句,“ 杰夫很自然地融入了他首次领衔主演的角色中。”
MARY BETH: I think Jeff will like this one: "Jeff Bennett plays the young reporter more convincingly than anyone on television."
玛丽• 贝思: 我想杰夫会喜欢这条:“ 杰夫• 班纳特演的年纪记者比电视上任何人演得都要逼真。”
MIKE: Mary Beth, you must be thrilled too.
迈克: 玛丽• 贝思, 你一定也很兴奋。
MARY BETH: Oh, I am. I'm going to frame this one: "Mary Beth Adams plays the female lead as intelligently as anyone since. . . "Well, you get the idea.
玛丽•贝思:噢,是的,我要将这条评论裱起来:
“ 玛丽•贝思•亚当斯饰演的女主殂角不逊色于任何人⋯⋯” 嗯, 你是知道的。
RITA: Why don't they ever mention the makeup person? Don't you think it should say "Rita Haynes applies blush more professionally than any other makeup artist on television? "
丽塔: 为什么他们不提一下为剧中人物化妆的人呢? 你们不觉得他们应该说“ 丽塔• 海尼丝比电视业内其他任何一位化妆师运用化妆刷子的功夫都要娴熟” 吗?


SCENE TWO: THE BENNETT FAMILY KITCHEN
第二幕: 班纳特家的厨房

JEFF: Well, that's the last interview. Finding a nurse to take care of Dad when he comes home from the hospital isn't easy.
杰夫: 噢, 这是最后一个面试了。爸爸从医院回家后找一个护士来照顾他真不容易。
MRS. BENNETT: I don't know why we need a nurse. I can help your father get better faster than any of them.
班纳特夫人: 我不明白为什么我们要找护士, 我比她们中任何人都能帮助你爸爸更快地恢复健康。
JEFF: I know, Mom, but it's going to be hard on you. If you have a nurse to help you with Dad, it'll be easier.
杰夫: 我知道, 妈妈, 但是这太难为你了。如果有个护士帮助你就好多了。
MRS. BENNETT: No one will treat your father as lovingly as I will.
班纳特夫人: 没人能比我更充满爱心地照顾你爸爸。
JEFF: Absolutely, Mom. But I want someone here to help you. You can't take care of him alone. Let's talk about the nurses we saw. What did you think of Nurse Gordon?
杰夫: 完全正确, 妈妈。但是我希望有人来这儿帮你, 你无法一个人照顾他。让我们考虑一下我们看过的保姆。你觉得戈登护士怎么样?
MRS. BENNETT: She's a hard worker, but I don't think she's the best choice.
班纳特夫人: 她工作很努力, 但我觉得她不是最佳人选。
JEFF: Why not?
杰夫: 为什么不是?
MRS. BENNETT: She seems cold. She's not a very nice person.
班纳特夫人: 她看起来有点冷漠, 不是个很和蔼的人。
JEFF: How about Nurse Garcia? She gets along with people more easily. She seemed the friendliest.
杰夫: 佳西亚护士怎么样? 她擅于与人相处, 她看上去最友善。
MRS. BENNETT: She's the friendliest, all right. Too friendly. And too loud. She drives me crazy.
班纳特夫人: 她是最友善的, 是的。但有些过头了, 而且也太吵了, 她快要把我弄疯了。
JEFF: And Nurse Fitzgerald? She wasn't loud.
杰夫: 费茨茹德护士怎么样? 她声音不大。
MRS. BENNETT: She spoke so quietly I couldn't hear her.
班纳特夫人: 她说话声小得我都听不见。
JEFF: What did you think of Nurse Jackson? He seemed to handle everything more efficiently than the others.
杰夫: 杰克逊护士怎么样? 他看起来做事情比别人都快。
MRS. BENNETT: He's too efficient. I didn't like him at all.
班纳特夫人: 他也太快了点儿, 我根本不喜欢他。
JEFF: Did you like Nurse Rose? She seemed to be the nicest.
杰夫: 你喜欢罗丝护士吗? 她看起来是最好的。
MRS. BENNETT: Yes, I liked her. She's sweet. She could be OK.
班纳特夫人: 是的, 我喜欢她, 她很可爱, 她可以。
JEFF: Great. Then Nurse Rose is the one for us . I'll give her a call.
杰夫: 太好了。那么罗丝护士就是我们要的人了。我给她打个电话。
MRS. BENNETT: OK, Jeff, but I'm still the best nurse for your father.
班纳特夫人: 好的, 杰夫, 但我仍是你爸爸最好的护士。
JEFF: I know, Mom. You're the best. Nurse Rose will just be here to help you with Dad. OK?
杰夫: 我知道, 妈妈, 你是最好的, 罗丝护士是来这儿帮你照顾爸爸的, 好吗?
MRS. BENNETT: OK.
班纳特夫人: 好吧。

SCENE THREE: THE CONTROL ROOM
第三幕: 调控室

LINDA: Come in, Steven. I have good news. I spoke to Jeff.
琳达: 进来, 史蒂文。我有好消息, 我与杰夫通过话了。
STEVEN: How is he?
史蒂文: 他怎么样?
LINDA: He's handling things very well.
琳达: 他一切顺利。
STEVEN: How's his father?
史蒂文: 他的父亲怎么样?
LINDA: He's recovering quicker than other men his age. He'll be going home next week.
琳达: 他比同样年纪的任何人恢复得都要快, 他下周可以回家了。
STEVEN: That's good news.
史蒂文: 这是个好消息。
LINDA: Yes, and Jeff is coming back to work tomorrow.
琳达: 是的, 杰夫将在明天回来工作。
STEVEN: Fantastic! Did he see the reviews?
史蒂文: 真是太妙了! 他看到那些评论了吗?
LINDA: Yes. They made him extremely happy.
琳达: 是的。那些评论使他高兴极了。
STEVEN: Well, I'm glad to hear he's coming back.
史蒂文: 嗯, 听到他要回来上班的消息我真高兴。
LINDA: We all are. Hey, did you see the review in the Hartford paper?
琳达: 我们都很高兴。嗨, 你看到《哈特福德》报上的评论了吗?
STEVEN: No.
史蒂文: 没有。
LINDA: Oh, you have to hear this one. It's the best of them all. I have it right here.
琳达: 噢, 你得听一下这个评论, 这是所有评论中最好的一个, 我手边就有。