Gossip Gril 第二季 03
大耳朵英语  http://www.bigear.cn  2010-10-14 23:45:02  【打印
-Gossip girl: Gossip girl here, your one and only source into the scandalous lives of Manhattan’s elite.

source: 来源 scandalous: 丑闻 Manhattan: 曼哈顿 elite: 精锐,中坚分子;上层人士,掌权人物

八卦天后在此,这是您了解曼哈顿名流们绯闻的唯一渠道。

-Serena: It feels so right to be together.

在一起的感觉还那么好。

-Dan: But you're having second thoughts.

second thoughts: 再考虑,重新考虑

但是你开始后悔了。

-Serena: I just think that we should... think before we get back together.

get back together: 复合,和好,重新在一起

我就是觉得我们应该...在我们和好之前先考虑一下。

-Marcus Beaton: My name is actually Marcus Beaton. I'm British and a lord.

actually: 事实上 lord: 勋爵,贵族

其实我叫Marcus Beaton。英国人,还是个勋爵。

-Chuck: Please don't leave with him.

拜托你不要和他走。

-Blair: Three words. Say it, and I'm yours.

三个字,说出来,我就是你的。

-Chuck: I...

我...

-Blair: That's all I needed to hear.

need: 需要

这样就够了。

-Jenny: Eleanor's been in Paris, like, the entire time.

entire: 全部的

Eleanor好像一直待在巴黎。

-Laurel: What if it was a waste?

waste: 浪费

万一这是浪费时间呢?

-Nate: they want to take our money?

他们要没收我们的钱?

-Anne: Not yet, but they have frozen our accounts.

not yet: 还没有 freeze: 冻结 account: 帐户

还没,不过他们冻结了我们的银行帐户。

-Vanessa: Everything okay?

还好吗?

-Nate: No, actually, it's not, but I'm so glad I called you. I really missed you this summer.

miss: 想念

不怎么好,但我很高兴给你打了电话。这个暑假我真的很想你。

-Serena: Blair's dating Catherine’s stepson and, Catherine, Nate's Blair's ex.

stepson: 继子 ex: 前任的

Blair跟Catherine的继子交往,Catherine,Nate是Blair的前男友。

-Catherine: You can take care of this... with my help.

take care of: 照料

你能处理好...在我的帮助下。

-Nate: And what would I have to do for you?

那我能给你什么呢?

-Blair: Oh, my effing god!

effing: 该死的,他妈的

我的老天爷!

-Nate: I'm so sorry, but I'm not gonna be able to make it back tonight.

gonna: <口> =going to

很抱歉,但是我今天晚上回不来了。

-Vanessa: It's okay. I was tired anyway, so we'll hang out another time.

tired: 累的 anyway: 不管怎样 hang out: 闲逛,出去玩

没关系,我也很累了。那我们再约吧。

-Serena: What do you say we just forget thinking and follow our hearts?

follow: 跟随

我们该不该抛掉理智,随心所欲?

-Blair: In spite of my lowly, unroyal ways, accept that I have true feelings for Marcus and that he has them for me, too.

In spite of: 不管 unroyal: 非皇室 accept: 接受 feelings: 情感

会习惯我谦卑,非王室的方式,接受我和Marcus是真心相爱的事实。



-Gossip girl: In these last hazy days of summer, a few simple tips to beat the heat.

hazy: 朦胧的 tip: 暗示,点子 beat the heat: 使凉爽些 beat: 击败

夏季里最后这朦胧的几天里,来些小忠告驱除余热。

One…drinks plenty of fluids. Two…stay out of the sun.

fluid: 液体 stay out of: 避开,保持不受…的影响

第一条…补足水分。第二条…别晒太阳。



-Jenny: Oh, excuse me. Sorry. Excuse me. Ow.

请让一下,对不起。对不起。



-Gossip girl: Three…limit all physical activity.

limit: 限制 physical: 身体的 activity: 活动

第三条…减少体力活。

That is, within reason.

within reason: 理智的,合理的 within: 在内 reason: 情理

也就是说,适当减少。



-Marcus: I thought you wanted my help with this party you're hosting.

host: 主持

还以为你要我帮你为派对做东道呢。

-Blair: A back to school party for seniors and their parents? It can wait.

senior: 高三学生,大四学生

为高三生和家长举办的返校派对吗?不着急。

-Marcus: But someone could walk in. Dorota or…

要是Dorota或其他人突然进来呢…

-Blair: so? Didn't you see "Atonement"? That scene in the library when they're discovered?

atonement: 赎罪 scene: 场景 discover: 发现

那又怎样?你没看“赎罪”吗?他们在图书馆被人发现的那一幕。

-Marcus: Mm. no. no, Blair. That's not you.

不。不,Blair。这不是你。

-Blair: It's not?

不是吗?

-Marcus: You're a delicate little flower, nothing like that tart Keira Knightley.

delicate: 娇嫩的 tart: 举止轻浮的女子

你是朵娇嫩的小花,不像轻佻的Keira Knightley。

-Blair: It's just, we've been dating a while, and I thought…

date: 约会

只是我们拍拖这么久了,我想…

-Marcus: I feel the same way, but you're very special to me. I want the moment to equal it.

special: 特别 equal: 等于,比得上

我有同感,但你对我来说很特别。我希望那一刻也如你一样特别。

Now...The tea's getting cold.

现在…茶都快凉了。



-Gossip girl: And if the heat's still too much, there's always a cold shower.

still: 仍然 always: 通常 shower: 淋浴

若燥热未去,不妨冲凉去。



-Vanessa: Ugh! Jenny? Are you okay?

Jenny,你还好吗?

-Jenny: Yeah. Sorry. My phone slipped. I think my cheek got sweaty.

slip: 滑 cheek: 脸颊 sweaty: 出汗的

是。抱歉,手机滑了。可能脸上汗太多。

What was I saying? Oh, right, right. You like him. He likes you. So just call him.

我刚才说到哪了?哦,对了,对了。你喜欢他,他也喜欢你,给他打电话啊。

-Vanessa: He stood me up, remember?

stand one up: 失约而使某人白等,让某人等待

他放我鸽子,还记得吗?

-Jenny: He just made you wait a really long time and then called to cancel. That's completely different.

cancel: 取消 completely: 完全

他只是让你等了很久然后打电话取消。这是完全不同的。

And besides, he only did that to spare you his family drama, which is just more proof that he likes you.

besides: 此外 spare: 使某人免遭 drama: 戏剧 proof: 证明

还有,他只是避免让你卷入他家的闹剧,这点更加说明他喜欢你。

-Vanessa: And calling him won't look desperate?

desperate: 迫切的

给他打电话不会显得我很心急吧?

-Jenny: It might. It will. It will, but in a cute, romantic way.

cute: 可爱的 romantic: 浪漫的

可能会吧。应该会。肯定会,但可以会可爱点、浪漫点。

-Vanessa: What is wrong with me? I am so not the whiny, "should I call him" girl.

whiny: 烦躁的

我到底是怎么了?我可不是那种优柔寡断,嚷着“我应该打给他吗”的女生。

-Jenny: Exactly. You are Vanessa, the "do whatever she wants" girl. And you want to call him, so just do it.

exactly: 正是 whatever: 无论什么

没错,你是Vanessa,“想做就做”的女生。你想给他打电话,那就打啊。

Look, I gotta go. Laurel is gonna kill me, okay?

gotta: <美俚> =have got to 必须 gonna: 将要(=going to)

我得挂了,Laurel会杀了我的,好吗?

-Vanessa: Bye.

拜。

-Jenny: Hey, can you guys pick that up, please? Please?!

pick up: 捡起

你们有人能帮忙捡一下吗?帮帮忙!



-Catherine: Ralph Lauren adores you.

adore: 喜爱

Ralph Lauren很称你。

-Nate: Catherine, did you hear what I just said?

Catherine,你有在听我说吗?

-Catherine: I did. What happened to the money I gave you?

有啊,我给你的钱用了吗?

-Nate: It's gone, but I can repay you back as soon as our accounts are unfrozen.

repay: 偿还 account: 帐户 unfrozen: 解冻的

钱没了,我会在帐户解冻后尽快还给你。

-Catherine: Which won't be until your father gets back from…where was it again? Dominica?

那不是得等到你父亲从那个…叫什么地方回来以后吗?多米尼卡?

-Nate: I told you that in confidence.

in confidence: 秘密地

我告诉过你要保密的。

-Catherine: You told me that in bed.

你在床上告诉我的。

Relax, gorgeous. We can discuss this tomorrow over lunch. I got us a room at the Mercer. We can order in. I'm so glad this didn't end.

relax: 放松 discuss: 讨论 order: 订单

放轻松,帅哥。明天午饭时再说吧。我在Mercer酒店订了房间,我们可以在房间里叫东西吃。真高兴我们没结束。

-Nate: Me, too.

我也是。

-Catherine: Try these on. I'm gonna go find you some ties.

try: 试 tie: 领带

试试这个。我去给你找领带。

-Nate: Hey, Vanessa.

你好,Vanessa。

-Vanessa: Nate, hi. I hope it's okay that I'm calling.

Nate,我希望我没打扰你。

-Nate: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Of course. Uh, how are you?

当然没有。呃,你好吗?

-Vanessa: good. Um, so listen. I was wondering if…

wonder: 想知道

很好。听着,我在想…

-Nate: hey, do you want to do something later?

later: 过一会

你待会想出去玩吗?

-Vanessa: Yeah. Sure. That sounds great.

sound: 听起来

好啊。当然。听起来不错。

-Nate: Cool. Okay. Hey, listen. I'll call you later, okay?

很好。那好。嘿,那我待会再打给你。好吗?

-Vanessa: Okay. Bye.

好的,再见。

-Catherine: Who was that?

谁的电话?

-Nate: It's my mom. It's about the party tomorrow night. I'm gonna try these on.

try on: 试穿

我妈妈。说明晚的派对呢。我去试试这些。



-Dan: A comingout party?

comingout: 为介绍少女初次参加社交活动而举行的正式舞会

名媛派对?

-Serena: Well, sooner or later people are gonna figure out we're dating. We're not exactly the world's most covert secret couple.

sooner or later: 迟早 figure out: 发现 covert: 隐蔽的 couple: 一对

迟早大家会发现我们和好了。我们又不是这世界上最隐蔽的一对。

-Dan: My family's getting a little curious about my new friend "Clyde" that keeps calling and calling.

curious: 好奇

我家人对我这一直打电话来的新朋友“Clyde”有点好奇。

-Serena: See? Come on. We tell everybody once, and then it's done. And now thank you, universe, we have the perfect opportunity.

universe: 宇宙[上天] perfect: 完美的 opportunity: 机会

看到了吧?拜托。我们告诉大家一次,就没事了。现在,感谢上天,我们有最好的机会。

-Dan: Yeah, a party hosted by Blair Waldorf, the biggest Dan Humphrey supporter in all of Manhattan.

host: 主持 supporter: 支持者

是啊,Blair Waldorf主办的派对,曼哈顿最支持Dan Humphrey的人。

-Serena: What are you afraid of?

你还怕什么呢?

-Dan: right now? Heatstroke.

heatstroke: 中暑

现在?中暑。

-Serena: Dan.

Dan。

-Dan: no. Hey. No, no, no. I know. I know.

不。嘿,别这样,别这样。我知道。我知道。

Look, right now things are just they're so good between us. You know, and if we just start telling people...

现在我们的情况是好到无以复加。如果我们就这样告诉大家…

-Serena: what? What could anybody possibly say that would change this?

possibly: 可能 change: 改变

怎么啦?他们能说什么来改变现状吗?

-Dan: You're right. I'm in.

你说得对。我去。

-Serena: Everything's gonna be fine.

一切都会好的。



-Gossip girl: Let's hope so, S. Because it looks like your comingout party just moved up.

comingout: 为介绍少女初次参加社交活动而举行的正式舞会 move up: 把…的时间提前

但愿如此,S。貌似你的名媛派对才要提前了。



-Chuck: Rachel, I'll give you a call when I'm feeling better.

Rachel,我感觉好点时再给你打电话。



-Gossip girl: Spotted. S and lonely boy locking lips like all is forgiven. Will round two be any different?

lonely: 寂寞的 lock: 锁,锁定 【lock lip: 亲吻】 forgive: 原谅 round: 巡回

现场报道S和寂寞少年热吻,好似冰释前嫌。第二轮会有什么不同吗?



-Blair: Ugh! I knew it.

呃!我就知道。



-Jenny: Dan! Aah!

Dan!啊!

-Dan: Yay! Oh, sweaty hug. You're sweaty. Thanks.

sweaty: 流汗的 hug: 拥抱

呀!汗淋淋的拥抱。你全身是汗。谢谢。

-Jenny: Oh! You guys are together. You're back together, right? It wasn't a doctored photo?

doctor: 修理,修改,伪造

哦!你们和好了。你们和好了,对吧?这个照片不是合成的吧?

-Dan: no, no, no. we are. We just hadn't told anyone yet.

不是,的确是我们。只是还没公开。

-Jenny: Oh, this is awesome! You guys totally belong together.

awesome: 了不起 totally: 完全 belong: 属于

哦,这太棒了!你们注定是一对。

This is Laurel. Hold on. Hello?

hold on: 等一下

Laurel打来的,等一下。你好?

-Rufus: I ran into Jenny out on the street. So the word's out, huh?

run into: 偶然遇见

我在路上遇到珍妮。消息传开了?

-Dan: Apparently.

显而易见。

-Rufus: I'm happy for you. And you two have worked out all your issues?

work out: 解决 issue: 问题

我为你感到高兴。你们之间的问题都解决了?

-Dan: Um... yeah. Yep. Got 'em all squared away.

yep: <俚> 是 square away: 弄整齐,收拾 square: 调整,改正

呃…是的。没错。全都解决了。

-Rufus: That's great.

太好了。



-Vanessa: How is it that you're not hot?

你怎么会不热呢?

-Nate: Well, it is the Upper East Side. I mean, getting hot is kinda frowned upon. So when am I gonna get to see you again?

upper: 上部的 kinda: 有一点 frown upon: 皱眉,不悦,不赞成,不以为然

这可是上东区。我指的是,太热可不行。什么时候可以再见你?

-Vanessa: Depends. Can I count on you not to cancel at the last second?

count on: 指望 cancel: 取消

看情况。你能不能别再在最后一秒变卦?

-Nate: That will never, ever happen again.

never: 绝不 ever: 永远

再也不会发生了。

-Vanessa: It's okay.

没关系的。

-Nate: no, no, no. I'm serious. Like, I mean, everything with my family's been so crazy.

serious: 认真的 crazy: 发疯的

不不,我是认真的。我家的事闹得一塌糊涂。

But when you called today, it just felt like... like I could breathe again. So...I wanna do this. I want to make this…us…right, okay?

breathe: 呼吸 wanna[口]=want to

但是当你今天打电话来,我觉得又能呼吸了。所以...我想这么做。我想这一切…我们之间…一切顺利,好吗?

-Vanessa: Okay. Tomorrow night?

好的,明天晚上见如何?

-Nate: Uh, tomorrow night I gotta take my mom to this, like, school party.

明天晚上我要送妈妈去参加学校派对。

-Vanessa: Fine. Come to the gallery. You can bring me lunch.

gallery: 画廊

好吧。来画廊吧,我们可以共进午餐。

-Nate: Oh. Well. I...

哦。那个,我...

-Vanessa: Well, it was a good speech.

speech: 演说

真是个不错的解释。

-Nate: No, no, no, no. I'm serious. I mean, I have family stuff, but I'll reschedule, and they'll just have to deal with it.

serious: 认真的 stuff: 东西 reschedule: 重新安排 deal with: 处理

不,不,不。我是认真的。我有些家事要处理,但是我会重新安排的,让其他人等吧。



-Gossip girl: Rumor is Nate Archibald has a hidden lady. Careful, N. Secrets don't keep long in this heat.

rumor: 传闻 hidden: 秘密的

传闻是Nate Archibald有一个秘密情人。当心哦,N。这么热的天,秘密守不了多久的。



-Blair: So... the flowers won't arrive until 5:00. Did you get the order from the caterers?

arrive: 到达 order: 订单 caterer: 备办宴席者

也就是说...花要到五点以后才到。你从宴席筹备者那里拿到订单了吗?

-Serena: Eleanor comes home today. You excited she finally gets to meet Marcus?

excited: 兴奋的 finally: 终于

Eleanor今天到家。她终于要和Marcus见面了,你兴奋吗?

-Blair: And see why he's so wonderful?

wonderful: 极好的

然后看看他有多棒吗?

It's not often you find a man who's intelligent, sophisticated, has an appreciation for golden age Hollywood and is a gentleman to boot.

intelligent: 聪明的 sophisticated: 成熟的 appreciation: 欣赏 Hollywood: 好莱坞 gentleman: 绅士 to boot: 并且

可不是经常有机会遇见这样的男人聪明,有教养,符合好莱坞黄金时期的欣赏口味,而且是个绅士。

You know, he hasn't pressured me about sex once. Not once.

pressure: 强制 sex: 性

他甚至还没有要求过肉体接触。一次都没有。

-Serena: Wow. Sounds like you really like him.

听上去你真的贼喜欢他。

-Blair: Yes, I do.

是的。

-Serena: Do you see what I just did there? I expressed an interest in your relationship.

express: 表达 interest: 兴趣 relationship: 关系

看到我刚才做的了吗?我表达了对你的恋爱的兴趣。

Look, I know you know about me and Dan. Even Dorota told me she was happy for me.

我知道你已经知道我和Dan的事情了,甚至连Dorota都说为我高兴。

-Blair: I'm happy for you.

我为你感到高兴。

-Serena: B…I know you don't approve of him.

approve of : 赞成

B...我知道你不满意他。

-Blair: true.

是事实。

-Serena: And I know that he's not the 22nd lord of Westmoreland shire.

Westmoreland: 威斯特摩兰 shire: 郡

我也知道他不是威斯特摩兰郡22岁的勋爵。

-Blair: Also true.

这也是事实。

-Serena: Why can't you support me?

support: 支持

为什么你不能支持我呢?

-Blair: Have you two talked about everything? All the very real reasons you broke up last year?

break up: 结束,分手

你们把所有事情都说清楚了吗?所有你们去年分手的切实的理由?

-Serena: Well, not completely.

completely: 完全

还没有。

-Blair: Well, when you do, if you're still together, I'll be happy for you. Till then, I think you're just fooling yourselves.

fool: 愚弄,欺骗

当你这么做后,如果你们还在一起,我会为你感到高兴。在此之前,我觉得你只是自欺欺人。

Duchess, to what do I owe this pleasure?

owe: 归功于,应感谢 pleasure: 高兴,愉快

公爵夫人,很荣幸你来电话。

-Serena: Okay, I think you've got this taken care of. I'll see you tonight.

好吧,我想你需要先处理这个。晚上见。

-Blair: Sneaky little Nate. Yes, I know exactly the girl you're talking about. Her name is Vanessa. She lives in... Brooklyn.

sneaky: 鬼祟的 exactly: 完全地 Brooklyn: 布鲁克林

偷偷摸摸的小Nate。对,我非常清楚你说的那个女孩。她叫Vanessa。她住在...布鲁克林。



-Chuck: Smoke?

抽烟不?

-Nate: No, thanks. It's, uh, a little early for me.

不,谢了,对我来说太早了点。

-Chuck: So how can I help, Nathaniel?

有什么可以帮你,Nate?

-Nate: About last week um, the money? I, uh, I might have overreacted a little.

overreact: 反应过度

关于上个礼拜,钱的事?我也许有点反应过度了。

-Chuck: a little?

有点?

-Nate: Yeah, and, hey, if you can, I would love to take you up on the offer as a loan.

take one up on: 对某人提出的(建议、条件、挑战等)表示接受 offer: 提供 loan: 借贷,贷款

是的,如果可以,我很乐意接受你提出的借贷的建议。

-Chuck: I thought you were getting the money from somewhere else.

somewhere: 某个地方 else: 别的

我以为你已经从其它地方拿到钱了。

-Nate: Yeah, well, that person, um, is asking for a lot.

是的,嗯,那个家伙,嗯,要求太多了。

-Chuck: Well... I'd love to accommodate you, but when you spurned my offer, I sent the money to my financial guides.

accommodate: 供给 spurn: 拒绝 financial: 金融的 guide: 引导者

那好吧...我很乐意贷款给你,但当你拒绝了我的帮助,我就把钱汇到我金融顾问那里。

It's tied up in bonds for six months.

tie up: 停滞,纠缠住,冻结,停止活动 bond: 债券

那笔钱会在那里滞留六个月。

-Nate: Oh. Uh, no. that's cool. I'll just…I'll find another way.

哦,不,没事。我还是…我会另想办法。

-Chuck: So, uh, have you seen Blair and lord Fauntleroy recently?

Fauntleroy: 美国儿童读物中的人物 recently: 最近

你最近有没有看到Blair和勋爵?

-Nate: No. Are you doing okay?

没有。你还好吧?

-Chuck: hmm, hmm. I'll confess I've been feeling a little off my game... But I'm expecting a return to form very soon.

confess: 承认 expect: 期待 return: 回来 form: 形成,组成,建立

嗯。我承认,我不在状态…但我想会马上恢复状态的。

-Man: Sir, the flight from Tokyo has landed.

先生,东京的航班到了。

-Chuck: So I can see. Konnichiwa.

Konnichiwa[日语]: 你好

看到了。你好。



-Laurel: I know it's hot, but I need everything fitted and ready for Eleanor to inspect. Jenny?

fitted: 合适的 inspect: 检查

我知道很热,但Eleanor回来检阅前,必须把所有事情都准备妥当。Jenny?

-Jenny: Yeah, I know. I'll clean the atelier as soon as I'm finished here, okay?

atelier: 工作室 as soon as: 一…就

是的,我知道。我这一结束就马上清理工作室,好吗?

-Laurel: The bathrooms, too. Someone decided to give us a second look at breakfast.

bathroom: 卫生间 decide: 决定 second look: 再看一眼

还有厕所。某人让我们在厕所再次看到她的早餐(有人吐了)。

-Jenny: Laurel believes in her interns paying their dues.

intern: 实习生 due: 费用

Laurel相信在这儿实习就要付出代价。

-Model: You must really want this.

你一定很想在她这儿实习,

-Jenny: Why? 'cause for the past three months I've put up with midnight coffee runs,

'cause[口]=because past: 过去 put up with: 忍受,容忍 midnight: 半夜

为什么?因为在过去的三个月,我忍受着咖啡提神熬夜,

15 hour days cleaning up after the two inhouse bulimics, all so that Eleanor Waldorf will spend five minutes looking at my designs?

clean up: 打扫 bulimic: 食欲过盛的 design: 设计

一天干15小时,还得跟在两个暴食的人吐了之后去打扫厕所。这全都是为了Eleanor Waldorf花5分钟看看我的设计吗?

Yeah. Yeah, I really, really do. Okay. Uh, I feel like it's not right. Um, hold on.

feel like: 感觉

是的,我真的,真的很需要。好的。我觉得有点不顺眼。等一下。

-Laurel: air France says Eleanor’s plane's on time. Oh. All right, I'm gonna meet her at the penthouse. I think Blair’s hosting a party there.

on time: 准时 gonna: <口> =going to penthouse: 楼顶阁楼 host: 举办

法国航空说埃莉诺的飞机准点到了。哦。好了,我去她家阁楼见她,Blair在那里有个派对。

If the A.C. guy comes, call me.

如果修空调的到了,给我电话。

Yes?

什么事?

-Jenny: I think there might be something wrong with the dress.

我觉得这衣服有点不对劲。

-Laurel: No. this is what Eleanor designed.

design: 设计

不,这就是埃莉诺设计的款式。

-Jenny: Really? Even …

真的?就算…

-Laurel: did you ever see Cinderella?

Cinderella: 灰姑娘

你看过灰姑娘吗?

-Jenny: The cartoon? Sure.

cartoon: 动画片

动画片吗?当然。

-Laurel: Remember the little birds that helped her dress? Remember how they didn't offer their opinion?

offer: 提供 opinion: 意见

还记得帮她做衣服的小鸟吗?记得它们从来不提自己的意见的吗?

Try to imagine that you're one of those birds. Can you do that?

imagine: 想像

试着想象你就是其中的一只小小鸟。你能做到吗?

-Jenny: Yeah.

是的。

-Laurel: Now fly away.

现在飞走吧。



-Serena: She can be so infuriating. Sometimes I just want to... Okay, enough Blair bashing.

infuriating: 令人发怒的 just: 只是 bash: 猛击

她真是太令人抓狂了。有时候我只是想...Blair批斗到此为止。

-Dan: No. Don't stop on my account, please. Keep on bashing.

on one’s account: 为了某人 keep on: 继续

别因为我停下呀,继续批评。

-Serena: I mean, obviously we have things to talk about, and we'll talk about them. But it's no big deal, right?

obviously: 显然 no big deal: 没什么大不了

我是说,显然我们有很多事可以谈,我们也会慢慢去谈的。但这没什么大不了的,对不对?

Oh, god. You agree with her.

agree: 同意

哦,天。你赞同她。

-Dan: No, no. I don't. No, I don't. It's just, uh...

不,不。我没有。不,不是。只是,呃...

-Serena: Wait. Hold on. Oh, it's my mom. She's calling from Shanghai. Can I take this?

等等,稍等。是我妈妈,她从上海打来的。我接下电话?

-Dan: oh, yeah. Go.

好,接吧。

-Serena: Sorry. Hello?

不好意思。嗨?

-Dan: saved by the bell.

bell: 铃

还好来了个电话。

-Girl: Are you Dan Humphrey?

你是Dan Humphrey?

-Serena: hi, mom. Oh, my Gosh. Where?

gosh: 天哪

妈妈。天,哪里?

-Dan: Uh, yeah. Can I help you?

是我。有什么事?

-Girl: How could you do it?

你怎么可以这样?

-Dan: What? I'm sorry. I don't…

什么?抱歉。我没...

-Girl A: Get back together with Serena. Don't you know she's just gonna lie to you again?

lie: 说谎 again: 再次 respect: 尊重

跟Serena复合了。你不知道她还会对你撒谎?

-Girl B: She doesn't respect you. She never will.

她并不尊重你。她永远不会。

-Dan: Excuse me. Who are you?

抱歉。你们是?

-Girl A: We read about everything on "gossip girl." Your whole breakup? We're on your side. Except for her. She's a Serena.

gossip: 流言 whole: 整个 breakup: 分手 side: 方面 except for: 除了

八卦天后上的东西我们都看。你们俩的分手,我们站你这边。除了她。她就是一Serena。

-Dan: Okay, um, well, look. This is…this is both creepy and none of your business.

creepy: 古怪而吓人的

好吧,呃,听着。这事既奇怪又与你们无关。

So if you could, uh, just go, please. You can just run along.

run along: 走开,离开

所以可以的话,呃,请走吧,走你们自己的路吧。

-Serena: I lost her. They were on a yacht with some Greek prince.

yacht: 游艇 some: 某个 Greek: 希腊人,希腊的 prince: 王子

电话断了。他们跟个什么希腊王子在游艇上。

Hello.

你们好。

-Dan: yeah, ignore them.

ignore: 不理

别理她们。

-Girl C: Serena, how could you forgive him after sleeping with Georgina?

forgive: 原谅

Serena,你怎么能原谅他跟Georgina上了床?

-Serena: what?

什么?

-Dan: What? No. no, this is insane. I didn't sleep with Georgina. No. All right? Please go.

insane: 精神错乱的

什么?不,不,真是疯了。我没跟乔治娜上床。没有。好吗?请走吧。

-Girl B: but we're on your side.

但我们在你这边。

-Girl C: Not me. His mouth kissed Georgina's. Think about that the next time.

我挺S。他和乔治娜接吻过。下次好好考虑下。

-Serena: Okay. Yeah. That's enough. Now I'm telling you to go. Come on. Get out of here. Shoo.

shoo: 发出中中嘘声赶走

好,够了。现在我请你们走了。快。离开这里。

-Dan: Thank you.

谢谢。

-Serena: Wow. What was that?

哇。这算什么啊?

-Dan: That was "gossip girl." So?

这就是八卦天后。那么?

-Serena: Well, maybe there are some things that, um, you know, we should talk about.

也许我们是该,你知道,谈一谈。

-Dan: Yeah. Well, I think so.

对。是,我也觉得。

-Serena: Yeah, there's some stuff I have to do now, before the party.

stuff: 东西,事情

派对开始前,我有些事需要做。

-Dan: okay.

行。

-Serena: So why don't we talk, um...

要不我们就…

-Dan: yeah, we'll talk later when I pick you up.

好,我接你的时候再谈吧。

-Serena: Yeah, perfect. Okay.

perfect: 完美的

行,好极了。

-Dan: all right, that'll be good.

好的,很好。

-Serena: Bye.

再见。

-Dan: Bye. I'll see you later.

再见。回头见。



-Vanessa: Nate. Hello?

Nate。喂?

-Nate: Hmm? Look, I'm sorry. There's just a lot going on.

我很抱歉。现在真的事情特别多。

-Vanessa: Maybe you just need to be properly distracted.

properly: 适当地 distract: 转移,分心

也许你需要适当分散一下注意。

I'm sorry.

对不起。

-Nate: no, no, no. it's me.

不,不,不,我的错。

-Vanessa: No, Nate. You don't need to explain anything. It's fine. Really.

explain: 解释

不,Nate。你不需要解释。没事。真的。

-Blair: What an unusual little space. Half gallery, half Boho coffee shop. But then unusual pairings seem to be the order of the day.

unusual: 不平常的 space: 空间 gallery: 画廊 Boho: 波希米亚式 pairing: 配对 the order of the day: 议事日程

多与众不同的小地方啊。一半画廊,一半波希米亚式咖啡馆。与众不同的拍拖也大行其道。

-Nate: Blair, what are you doing here?

Blair,你来这里干嘛?

-Blair: Being angry at you, for one.

angry at: 生气

其一是来生你的气,

Here I thought I'd surprise you by bringing Vanessa to tonight's party when lo and behold, you two have rekindled your love in secret.

surprise: 惊喜 lo and behold: 你瞧(表示惊讶的感叹词) lo: 瞧!看! behold: 看,注视 rekindle: 重新点燃 in secret: 秘密地

还有就是来邀请Vanessa参加今晚的派对,好给你个惊喜。看吧,你们二位又偷偷谈起恋爱了。

-Vanessa: You came all the way to Brooklyn to invite me to a party for a school that I don't even go to?

all the way: 一路上,远道而来 invite: 邀请

你大老远来布鲁克林就是让我参加一个我没去过的学校的派对?

-Blair: It was for Nate, dear.

是为了Nate,亲爱的。

Anne called this morning. Poor thing has a migraine.

migraine: 偏头痛

安妮上午打来电话。可怜的姑娘有偏头痛。

When I thought of you coming all alone, I just wanted to do something nice. Is that so hard to believe?

alone: 独自的

想到你独自参加,我只想做点好事。就这么难以置信么?

-Vanessa: Yeah.

没错。

-Nate: Yeah. Pretty much.

pretty: 相当

没错。非常。

-Man: Hello? I got a delivery.

delivery: 递送

有人吗?快递来了。

-Vanessa: Excuse me.

失陪。

-Nate: Blair, what are you really doing here?

Blair,你到底来这干嘛?

You can't stand Vanessa, and you've never done anything when something wasn't in it for you.

stand: 忍受 never:从不

你受不了Vanessa,而且你一向是事不关已高高挂起。

-Blair: You think I'm just gonna sit back and watch you have an affair with my boyfriend's mother? Guess again.

sit back: 在一旁闲着,不采取行动 affair: 绯闻

你觉得我会就这么坐着看你跟我男朋友的妈有私情?再猜一次。

-Nate: So what are your plans? To distract me with Vanessa?

那你计划是什么?拆散我和Vanessa?

-Blair: Yes. What about it?

对。怎么样?

-Nate: It's just as your plans go, it's kinda nice.

as: 像 kinda: 有一点

如你所愿,进展不错。

-Blair: A, don't be offensive. And B, from what I just witnessed, if you want to keep her, you're gonna have to step it up.

offensive: 令人不快的 witness: 看到 step up: 站出来,自告奋勇

第一,别没礼貌。第二,就我刚才看到的,如果不想失去她,你最好能站出来。

So I can look forward to seeing you tonight?

look forward to: 期待

那么你们俩今晚能来咯?

-Nate: Sure. We'll be there.

可以。我们来。

-Vanessa: really?

真的?

-Nate: Yeah. Why not?

对。干嘛不去?

-Blair: Wonderful. Till tonight.

wonderful: 极好的

好极了。晚上见。

Duchess, it's me. He's bringing her. And for the record, whatever you're planning with Nate, my bedroom floor is off limits.

for the record: 正式声明,供记录在案,为准确起见 off limits: 界限外,范围外,禁止入内

公爵夫人,是我。他会带她来。还有请注意,不管你打算怎么跟Nate玩,请不要入侵我的卧室地板。



-Serena: Who was that?

那是谁?

-Chuck: A whiff of the Far East.

whiff: 一阵清香

远东的一缕清香。

-Serena: Sometimes I envy you, the way you just…Ewe. What am I saying? You’re disgusting.

envy: 嫉妒 disgusting: 恶心的

有时候我会嫉妒你,像你那样...呃。我说什么来着?你真恶心。

-Chuck: Relax. Nothing happened with Madame Butterfly.

Madame Butterfly: 出自普契尼的歌剧《蝴蝶夫人》,其中Madame Butterfly由一个日本人扮演 Madame: 夫人 butterfly: 蝴蝶

别急。我跟蝴蝶夫人没怎样。

-Serena: Yeah, right.

是。

-Chuck: No. nothing happened. Same as nothing's been happening all week.

不,什么也没发生。这一周以来都这样。

-Serena: What are you talking about? You've had different girls every day. No?

你说什么?你一天换个姑娘。不会吧?

-Chuck: I'll take your incredulity as a compliment.

incredulity: 怀疑 compliment: 恭维

我把你的怀疑权当恭维了。

-Serena: No, but I mean, come on. You must have tried…

不,可是我是说,拜托。你一定尝试过...

-Chuck: Everything... From the erotic to the pharmaceutical.

erotic: 色情的 pharmaceutical: 药物

都试过了…从情色的到药物的。

-Serena: I'm sorry. I'm not laughing. It’s just so obvious. You're not over Blair. Wh...Come on. This is your body's way of telling you.

obvious: 明显 over: 越过

我很遗憾,我不是想笑,只是很显然。你忘不了Blair。承认吧,你的身体出卖了你的真心。

-Chuck: I don't have a romantic bone in my body. Least of all that one.

romantic: 浪漫的 least of all: 最不,尤其

我身上一块浪漫的骨头也没有。尤其是那玩意儿。

But you do raise an interesting idea. Clearly there's some sort of... blockage. Perhaps...

raise: 提出 blockage: 障碍

不过你确实提醒了我。显然这里有某种...障碍。也许...

-Serena: No, chuck.

别,Chuck。

-Chuck: One more go-around, just to clear the pipes.

pipe: 管道

再来一次,就为了清通管道。

-Serena: You are not using Blair as sexual drano.

sexual: 性的

你不可以利用Blair扫除你的性障碍。

-Chuck: I have to make myself presentable. I have a party to attend.

presentable: 可见人的 attend: 参加

我可不能这么丢面子。我还有个派对要参加呢。

By the way...Congrats on you and Humphrey. Water always finds its own level.

Congrats[口]: 祝贺 own: 自己的 level: 水平

顺便说一句,祝贺你跟Humphrey复合。水总是往低处流。



-Jenny: I just think if we hemmed it and then got rid of all that stuff by the collar, right?

hem: 褶边 get rid of: 除去 stuff: 东西 collar: 领子

我想如果我们这里打个褶边,然后把衣领那里的装饰拆掉,好吗?

-Model: Yeah. Oh, my god. That’s so much better.

对。天哪,这样就好多了。

-Jenny: I just feel like the dress is trying too hard, and this part is so '90s.

hard: 硬的

我就是觉得这条裙子设计得有点太牵强了,这部分实在太90年代了。

-Eleanor: Interesting observation. And who are you?

observation: 评论

很有趣的见解。你是谁?

-Jenny: Uh, I'm... I'm Jenny Humphrey, the Parsons intern.

Parsons: 帕森斯 intern: 实习生

我是...我是Jenny Humphrey, 帕森斯来的实习生。

Uh, I thought you were going home. Laurel went to go meet you.

我以为您回家了,Laurel去接你了。

-Eleanor: And I decided to come here.

decide: 决定

我决定先来这里。

You can, um, leave those and bring the rest of the bags to the apartment.

apartment: 公寓

你放下这些,然后把剩下的带到我公寓去。

So now interns have opinions. I have been gone a while.

那么现在,实习生都有自己的主意了。我就离开了一阵子。

-Jenny: Mrs. Waldorf, I hope that you don't think that I was trying…

Waldorf夫人,希望您别误会我是想...

-Eleanor: That you were telling the model that has to wear my design all the many, many things that are wrong with it?

design: 设计

你告诉穿着我设计的服装的模特,我的诸多错误设计?

It's hot and late. We'll finish your fitting tomorrow.

fitting: 试穿,试衣

现在热死了,而且很晚了。明天完成你的试装。

-Jenny: I'm so sorry. That was completely, completely unprofessional, and I promise it will never happen again from me. I swear.

completely: 完全 unprofessional: 不合行规的 promise: 保证 swear: 发誓

我真抱歉。这完全是我的失职,我保证再不会这样做了。我发誓。

-Eleanor: I know you won't. Not here at least. I need people around here that I can trust. Clean out your station.

at least: 至少 trust: 信任 station: 位置

我知道你不会了。至少不会是在这里了。我需要的是值得我信任的人。收拾下你的桌子走人。

-Jenny: What? No. No, please. You can't.

什么?不。不要,求你了。你不能这样。

-Eleanor: Yes, please, I can. And if you are still hoping for a letter of recommendation, you won't argue.

still: 仍然 recommendation: 推荐 argue: 争论

是的,拜托,我就可以这样。你如果还想要推荐信的话,最好闭嘴。

Why is it so hot in here?

这儿怎么会这么热?



-Marcus: Nate! I thought that was you. A little warm for a run, isn't it?

warm: 暖和的

Nate!老远就看见你,这种天跑步也太热了吧?

-Nate: Yeah, you know, I was just, um, had some things to think about.

是啊,我有些事情需要想想。

-Marcus: Will I see you at Blair’s tonight?

今晚你会去Blair的聚会吗?

-Nate: Yeah. Uh, you headed down there now or what?

head: 前往

去啊。你现在就过去还是?

-Marcus: No, no. I promised the Duchess I'd pick her up.

promise: 答应 pick up: 接

不不,我答应要去接公爵夫人。

-Nate: oh, your mother's coming.

你母亲也要来啊?

-Marcus: Oh, yes. Oh, she and Blair are fast friends. I always find them whispering in a corner. It's a bit troubling, come to think of it.

fast friends: 可靠的朋友【这里指很快成为朋友】 whisper: 耳语 troubling: 令人不安的

是啊,她跟Blair一拍即合。总躲在角落里说悄悄话。想到这,我就有点顾虑。

Anyway, uh, I'll see you tonight.

anyway: 不管怎样

不管了,今晚见咯。

-Nate: Thanks, man.

谢啦,伙计。

-Vanessa: This is Vanessa. Leave a message after the beep.

beep: 嘟嘟声

我是Vanessa,滴声后请留言。

-Nate: Hey, Vanessa. It’s Nate. Uh, listen, I'm so sorry, but about tonight it's just, um...

Vanessa,我是Nate。那个,很不好意思,可是今晚可能...



-Rufus: I thought you and Dan were leaving for the party.

我以为你和Dan早动身去聚会了。

-Vanessa: Yeah. We’re supposed to.

suppose: 应该是

本来是的。

-Rufus: He's not still reading one of those Dan and Serena “Should they or shouldn't they” threads, is he?

thread: 线

他不会还在他跟Serena该与不该的问题上纠缠吧?

-Vanessa: last I checked, yeah.

check: 检查

最后一次核查,还在纠结。

-Rufus: Something's wrong?

出了什么问题?

-Vanessa: I just got a message from Nate. Family drama, doesn't want to burden me, the same old story.

drama: 戏剧 burden: 负担 same old story: 老一套,同样的事

我收到了Nate的短信,说是家庭问题,不想麻烦我,老一套。

I just want to shake him, like, I can handle it, you know?

shake: 动摇 handle: 处理

我真想摇醒他,告诉他“我能承受的”,懂吗?

-Dan: Hey. Sorry. I'm, uh, I'm ready.

对不起。我准备好了。

-Rufus: So how was public opinion on the Dan and Serena front?

public: 公众的

舆论是怎么看待Dan和Serena事件的?

-Dan: Oh, well, it turns out most people think I'm an ass. But a passionate minority hold I'm just an idiot.

turn out: 结果是 ass: 愚蠢的人 passionate: 狂热的 minority: 少数 idiot: 白痴

这样的,大多数人认为我是个混蛋。少数热情分子则坚持我只是个白痴。

So are you ready?

你准备好了吗?

-Vanessa: uh, Nate's running late. I'll just I'll meet you there.

Nate要迟点到。我们到那儿见吧。

-Dan: Okay. You sure?

好的,你确定吗?

-Vanessa: yeah.

是的。

-Rufus: Uh, you still positive you don't want me tagging along?

positive: 确定的 tag along: 尾随,跟随

你确定不要我跟着去么?

-Dan: Yeah. No offense, dad, but I think you, me and Serena, things are awkward enough.

no offense: 请勿见怪,别介意 offense: 冒犯 awkward: 尴尬的

是啦。无意冒犯。爸,我想你和我还有Serena,一起会很尴尬。

-Rufus: well, it's not like I'd have to be a third wheel. I can bring a date.

third wheel: 累赘,电灯泡 date: 约会对象

好吧,我不是非要当电灯泡。我可以带个伴儿去。

What?

怎么了?

-Dan: No. It's not that you having a date is funny or…or completely outside of the realm of possibility, just within the gates.

realm: 领域 within: 在内

没什么。不是笑你找到对象,或者…或者说完全都没着落,只是很少见。

-Rufus: One day I might surprise you. Go.

surprise: 使惊奇

总会有一天我让你吃惊的。去吧。

-Dan: See you there.

到时见。

-Rufus: You know, if you really like this guy, you should call him, tell him how you feel.

feel: 感觉

你如果真的喜欢这人,你就该打电话给他,告诉他你的感受。

-Vanessa: The mature response. Tempting.

mature: 成熟的 response: 反应 tempting: 有吸引力的

一种成熟的反应。听上去不错。

-Rufus: Or if you're looking for something immature, you could tell him you left the phone in the gallery and never got the message.

immature: 不成熟的 gallery: 画廊

或者你想找些幼稚点的办法,你可以告诉他你的手机。掉在美术馆了,根本没有收到那个短信。

I've seen you be very forgetful.

forgetful: 健忘的

我看你好像本来就丢三落四。



-Marcus: Duchess, here. Sorry to leave you on your own.

on your own: 独自

公爵夫人,给。抱歉让你一个人呆在这。

-Catherine: Oh, thank you, darling.

谢谢,亲爱的。

-Marcus: my pleasure.

不用谢。

-Blair: Well, the ancestral home is next to Balmoral.

ancestral: 祖先的 Balmoral: 巴莫洛

祖上的房子就在巴莫洛隔壁

Marcus tells the funniest story about Harry running naked across their lawn.

funniest: 最有趣的 naked: 赤裸裸的 across: 穿过 lawn: 草坪

Marcus跟我讲了个最搞笑的笑话,说哈里从他们的草坪上裸奔而过。

-Nelly Yuki: Prince Harry? I love him.

哈里王子?我爱死他了。

-Penelope: But you've been planning on Yale ever since you were a little girl.

ever since: 自那时以来

但你从小就计划好了去耶鲁啊。

-Blair: I know, but Marcus keeps begging me to consider Oxford.

beg: 求 consider: 考虑

但是Marcus一直求我考虑去牛津。

-Chuck: What a pity. So much wasted potential.

pity: 可惜 potential: 潜力

多可惜啊。浪费了多好的天赋。

-Blair: What are you talking about?

你在说什么?

-Chuck: The thing that always fascinated me about you. The cool exterior, the fire below.

fascinate: 着迷 exterior: 外表 below: 在下面

你一直以来吸引着我的特质。表面冷若冰霜,内心激情如火。

-Blair: You are living proof a person can't buy class.

proof: 证明

你活着就是为了证明有钱也买不到高贵气质。

-Chuck: And you can't tell me Bertie Wooster is satisfying your needs. Titles aside, a suit of armor makes for a cold bedfellow.

satisfy: 满足 title: 头衔 a suit of: 一套 armor: 盔甲 bedfellow: 同床者

你不能说Bertie Wooster满足了你的需求吧。抛开头衔,一身的戎装的背后是寂寞的空闺。

-Blair: Not that it's any of your business, but Marcus and I have an amazing sex life.

sex life: 性生活

虽说不关你的事,不过告诉你吧,我们的性生活很美满。

-Chuck: Is that so?

是这样吗?

-Blair: mm.

是。

-Chuck: What names does he call you when you make love? Where does he put his hand? Does he...

你们做爱时他叫你什么?他的手放在哪里?他有没有...

Have sex with me.

跟我做爱吧。

-Blair: What?

什么?

-Chuck: Just once. That’s all I need.

就一次。一次就好。

-Blair: You are disgusting, and I hate you.

disgusting: 恶心的

你真是恶心,我很讨厌你。

-Chuck: Then why are you still holding my hand?

那你为什么还抓着我的手不放开呢?

-Blair: I have a party to host.

host: 主持

我要去主持这个聚会了。



-Serena: Hey. Sorry I'm late.

对不起我迟到了。

-Dan: Oh, no. it's not a problem. You look great, as always.

as always: 一如既往

没关系。你总是这么漂亮。

-Serena: Thank you. Oh.

谢谢。噢。

-Dan: oh, that's, uh, that's troubling.

那有点问题。

-Serena: Maybe we should just go.

我们最好赶紧走。

-Dan: Yeah. Did I say you look nice?

好的。我刚提到你很漂亮了吗?

-Serena: Yeah. Thanks again, though.

though: 不过

说了。不过还是要感谢你。

-Dan: Yeah. You’re welcome.

呵。不客气。

-Serena: Did you do anything this afternoon?

你今天下午干了什么没有?

-Dan: No. no. you?

没,没有。你呢?

-Serena: No. Chuck had a Japanese stewardess over today.

stewardess: 空中小姐

没有。Chuck今天找了个日本的空姐。

-Dan: Oh. It's a slow elevator.

elevator: 电梯

哦。这电梯真慢。



-Blair: Where's Vanessa?

Vanessa在哪儿?

-Nate: Not walking into your trap or whatever it is.

trap: 圈套 whatever: 无论什么

没有掉进你的圈套。

-Blair: Oh, please. You want me to feel bad? You're not exactly occupying the moral high ground, Archibald.

occupy: 占据 moral: 道德 high ground: 高地

哦,拜托。你想让我难过吗?你不是占据道德制高点的人,Archibald。

-Nate: I just hope it's worth it.

worth: 值得

我只希望一切值得。

-Catherine: Nathaniel, you came. I'm so happy. Seems like forever since I've seen you or heard from you.

seem: 看起来好像

Nathaniel你来了,我真高兴。我好像一百年没见到你也没听到你的消息了。

-Nate: So you use my friends for some power play to prove you’re the one in control, huh?

use: 利用 prove: 显示

你利用我的的朋友来展示你掌控的能力,是不是?

-Catherine: I don't like sharing my toys, especially if I've paid for them. Where's your friend? I was looking forward to meeting her.

share: 分享 toy: 玩具 especially: 尤其 look forward: 盼望

我不想和别人分享我的玩具,尤其是我花了钱的。你的朋友呢?我还正想跟她见个面呢。

-Nate: no, no. Stop it. Look at me. I don't know where I'm gonna get the money from, but you listen…

不。停手。看着我。我不知道我从哪儿才能弄到钱,但你听好…

-Catherine: Okay, No, Nate, listen. No. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. It was out of jealousy.

out of: 出于 jealousy: 嫉妒

不,Nate,你听着。对不起,我不该这么说的,完全是因为吃醋。

Please just don't do something we'll both regret.

regret: 后悔

请不要做些让我们后悔的事情。

-Nate: no.

不会的。

-Vanessa: Nate? Oh, my god.

Nate?我的天啊。



-Blair: Everyone, stay calm. I'm sure the power will be back on in a second.

calm: 冷静

大家保持镇定。我肯定很快就会来电了。

-Nate: Vanessa.

Vanessa。

-Catherine: Nate.

Nate。

-Blair: It'll be fine.

不会有事的。



-Gossip girl: Sorry to break it to you, B, but this party just went over to the dark side.

真是不好意思,打断你的派对,B,但是这个派对已经转向了阴暗面。



-Blair: It's a citywide blackout, but we have candles. Everything's fine.

citywide: 全市性的 blackout: 停电 candle: 蜡烛

这个是全城性的停电,但是,我们至少还有蜡烛。不会有事的。

-Nate: Vanessa.

Vanessa。

-Marcus: Nate, thank goodness. Would you please tell this young lady she can't go outside in the blackout?

Nate,感谢上帝。麻烦你告诉这个女士,停电以后不能出去。

-Vanessa: yeah. Well, I am.

知道了。

-Nate: No, it's okay, Marcus. I got it. I got it.

没事儿,Marcus,我明白了。

Just come with me, please.

跟我来,求你了。

-Vanessa: I can't believe this. Here I kept thinking, Nate's so much different than Blair and all the others, but you're just as bad.

我真不敢相信。我一直认为,Nate和Blair还有其他人是那么的不同,结果天下乌鸦一般黑。

-Nate: Look, it's not that simple, okay?

simple: 简单的

听着,事情没有那么简单,好吗?

-Vanessa: Are you sleeping with that woman?

那你有没有和那个女人发生关系?

-Nate: Yes.

有。

-Vanessa: Is that the reason you keep canceling on me?

cancel: 取消

这就是你一直放我鸽子的原因?

-Nate: Yes, but…

是的,但是...

-Vanessa: No,Nate. There are no ‘but’s. You lied to me, and you're sleeping with some Mrs. Robinson.

不,Nate,没有但是。你欺骗了我,又和一个Robinson太太(风流的有夫之妇)搞在一起。

And while on the Upper East Side that might be totally normal... I didn't sign up for some creepy love triangle with you and someone's mom.

while: 然而 normal: 正常 sign up for: 报名参加 creepy: 古怪的 triangle: 三角

这种事情在上东区也许很正常,但是我可没打算加入你和一个妈妈级人物的三角恋中。

-Nate: She's giving me money.

她给我钱。

-Vanessa: Well, that's just the capper, isn't it?

capper: 诱饵

这只是个托辞吧?

-Nate: No, my mom and I needed help. I just…I had no other option.

option: 选择

不是,我妈妈和我需要帮助。我只是…我别无选择。

-Vanessa: Tell me everything.

告诉我到底怎么回事。



-Blair: Now if everyone will just get a drink and a candle, I'm sure the power will be back in a minute.

in a minute: 一会儿

现在,只要每个人都拿些喝的,点上蜡烛,我相信,电力供应会马上恢复。

-Catherine: Blair, have you seen Nate?

Blair,你见到Nate了吗?

-Blair: Um, no. it's a blackout.

blackout: 停电

没有。现在停电了。

-Catherine: That girl showed up. They went off somewhere together.

show up: 出现

那个女孩出现了。他们一起走了。

-Blair: Honestly, Catherine, so what? If they want to be together, you can't stop them. Just deal with it.

honestly: 诚实的 deal with: 处理

老实说,Catherine,那又能怎样?如果他们真想在一起,你没办法阻止的。面对现实吧。

-Catherine: I wouldn't expect you to understand.

我不指望你能明白。

-Blair: Hot young guy, aging beauty enjoying her last hurrah before the surgeries start. That's called a cliché.

aging: 衰老的 last hurrah: 最后的欢呼 hurrah: 欢呼声,欢乐 surgery: 外科手术 cliché: 老套

一个是帅气年轻的男孩,配上年华散尽的徐老半娘,享受她拉皮手术前的最后一丝美貌。这就叫俗套。

-Catherine: Is Marcus everything you could possibly hope for?

hope for : 期待

Marcus能满足你的一切需要?

-Blair: Yes, absolutely.

absolutely: 完全地

是的,明显是的。

-Catherine: Really? There’s not one thing that's missing?

miss: 漏掉

真的吗?没有什么缺憾吗?

That one thing you tell yourself you can live without? That you'd happily sacrifice for the rest?

sacrifice: 牺牲

难道你可以跟自己说没了它你也能活得好好的?并且愿意为此倾其所有?

So tell you what. You're gonna sacrifice it every day for the rest of your life.

告诉你吧。你从今以后的每一天你肯定都得放弃它。

Nate makes me feel alive. I'm not gonna give that up.

alive: 活着的 give up: 放弃

Nate让我觉得我还活着。我可不会放弃的。



-Dan: Yeah, my name's Dan Humphrey. Yeah. Uh, the elevator's stuck. Okay. All right. Thank you.

stuck: 不能动的,被卡住的

是的,我叫Dan Humphrey。没错,电梯停了。好吧,谢谢你。

Well, it's a citywide blackout, so the guy says we just have to wait, hope the power comes back on soon.

citywide: 全市性的 blackout: 停电

这是全城性的停电,所以那些人叫我们等等,只有希望供电早点恢复。

What? No. no, I know when you're thinking of something. Just tell me.

怎么?肯定有事,我知道你在想东西。告诉我。

-Serena: no, it's nothing.

没,没什么。

-Dan: Serena.

Serena。

-Serena: well, you probably should have mentioned my name.

好吧,你刚才应该提我的名字的。

-Dan: Are you kidding?

你在开玩笑?

-Serena: just forget it.

没事,算了。

-Dan: No, seriously. You think that there's, like, a box that says, open in event of Serena Van Der Woodsen emergency?

seriously: 认真地 in event of: 万一 emergency: 紧急情况

不,我是认真的。你以为会有个盒子写着,为被困的Serena Van Der Woodsen开门?

-Serena: I live in the building. That’s all.

我住在这儿。仅此而已。

-Dan: No, it's a citywide blackout, so there must be hundreds of people stuck in elevators right now.

stuck: 不能动的,被卡住的

不,这个是全城大停电,所以现在肯定有上百人被困电梯。

-Serena: Okay, if you're not gonna call them; can we not talk about it? You're making it hotter.

好吧,如果你不给他们打电话,我们能不能换个话题?你让这里的气氛很紧张。

-Dan: Okay. Why not?

好。为什么不呢?

-Serena: No, Dan.

不,Dan。

-Dan: Yeah, hey. It’s Dan Humphrey again. Uh, Humph Humphrey, the guy in the elevator? Yeah.

elevator: 电梯

又是我,Dan Humphrey。Humph Humphrey,就是在电梯里的那个人?对。

I know, I know, but I forgot to say that I'm with Serena Van Der Woodsen. Okay. Thanks.

我知道,我知道,但是我忘记了说Serena van Der Woodsen也被困了。知道了。谢谢。

Well, they're gonna send someone, so...

send: 派

他们准备派个人过来,所以…



-Jenny: Um, I guess I'm gonna go now.

我想我应该走了。

-Eleanor: Oh, please. I am not sending you out into a blackout. You can stay till the lights come back on.

哦,拜托。停电的时候我是不会让你走的,你可以待到来电以后。

-Jenny: Okay. Thanks.

好的。谢谢。

-Eleanor: As long as you're here, come here. Hold this. I just cannot…I cannot decide about this neckline.

as long as: 既然,由于 decide: 决定 neckline: 领口

反正你也在这儿,来。拿着这个。我…我对这个领口拿不定主意

-Jenny: Really? I think it's cute.

cute: 可爱的

是吗?我觉得这个很好看。

-Eleanor: Why don't you try telling the truth? It's not like I can fire you twice.

truth: 真相 fire: 解雇 twice: 两次

你为什么不跟我说实话?反正我只能解雇你一次。

-Jenny: Well, it looks like a pilgrim at a funeral. Uh, I'm sorry.

pilgrim: 朝圣者 funeral: 葬礼

好吧,这个看上去像是清教徒去参加葬礼穿的。不好意思。

-Eleanor: You're absolutely right.

absolutely: 完全

你真是太对了。

-Jenny: I am?

是吗?

-Eleanor: Yeah. Don’t let it go to your head.

没错。你可别穿这玩意儿。



-Nate: But my mom still thinks Chuck's lending us the money, so…just sending it through me.

through: 经过

但是我妈始终以为是Chuck通过我,所以…要靠我维持。

-Vanessa: So borrowing money from your son's friend is fine, but whoring him out to pay the club bill isn't.

whore: 卖淫 bill: 帐单

那么跟自己孩子的朋友借钱无所谓,可是用自己孩子卖淫的钱去付俱乐部的账单就不行了。

Do you wanna be with this woman?

你真想和那个女人在一起?

-Nate: No, I want to be with you. But I just know that's not gonna happen now, so...

不,我想跟你在一起。但是我知道现在是不可能的,所以...

-Vanessa: Nate... You have to end this for yourself. Forget about what I said before. You are better than this.

Nate…为了自己你应该结束这事。忘了我以前说的话吧。你可以做的更好。

I'll be here when you get back.

我在这儿等你回来。



-Marcus: I see. Oh, just a moment.

我明白。请等一下。

Blair, I'm on with the building manager.

manager : 经理

Blair,我在和物业经理打电话。

-Blair: I need you.

我要你。

-Marcus: What? Has something happened? Everyone seems quite calm.

calm: 平静

什么?是不是出什么事了?貌似每个人都很平静。

-Blair: No. I need you now.

不。我现在就想要你。

-Marcus: Blair, Blair, there's a blackout. We have guests. We can't desert them.

guest: 客人 desert: 放弃,遗弃【不管,不顾】

Blair,Blair,现在停电了。我们还有客人,我们不能忽视他们。

-Blair: I need you to make me feel alive.

我要你让我觉得我还活着。

-Marcus: Uh... uh, wait, wait. What are you what are you talking about?

等等。你想,你想说什么?

-Blair: Just meet me up in my bedroom, okay?

bedroom: 卧室

在卧室等我,好吗?



-Gossip girl: Looks like lady b. is determined to have it all. Question is, who with?

determine: 决定

看来B王妃决定要得到一切了。问题是,会是跟谁呢?



-Vanessa: Nate?

Nate?

-Catherine: Actually, I was looking for him myself.

actually: 事实上

其实,我也在找他。



-Catherine: Vanessa, is it? Oh, I see. You're thinking, look at this awful woman who's taking advantage of an innocent young boy.

awful: 可怕的 take advantage of: 利用,占…便宜 innocent: 无辜的

Vanessa,是吧?我明白了。你在想,看看这个玩弄一个天真的年轻小伙的可怕女人。

-Vanessa: Nate told me everything. I think what you're doing is disgusting.

disgusting: 恶心的

Nate已经都告诉我了。我觉得你做的事情太令人恶心了。

-Catherine: And yet you're here, waiting for him, willing to forgive and forget. You must really care for him.

forgive and forget: 既往不咎 care for: 在乎

你依然在这儿等他,愿意原谅他。你肯定真的很在乎他。

-Vanessa: You wouldn't understand.

你不会懂的。

-Catherine: See, that's where you're wrong.

看吧,那你就错了。

You have no idea how I feel about Nate and what I would do to keep him. You want me to tell you?

你不明白我对Nate的感情,还有我将如何不择手段留住他。想要我来告诉你吗?



-Blair: Marcus, is that you?

Marcus,是你吗?

-Chuck: Blow out your candle.

blow out: 吹灭

把蜡烛熄灭了。



-Eleanor: I spent the last month going around and meeting with the stores and the boutiques that carry my clothes.

boutique: 流行服饰店

我上个月到处走访,然后...带着我的设计去跟那些商店还有时装店的负责人会面。

-Jenny: That must have been so exciting.

exciting: 令人兴奋的

那肯定很有意思。

-Eleanor: I felt like a fat cheerleader.

cheerleader: 啦啦队队长

我感觉像个肥胖的啦啦队队长。

As a designer, your worst fear is becoming irrelevant. Then I come back here and find out the teenage intern tells me that exact thing.

designer: 设计师 irrelevant: 不相干的 teenage: 青少年的 intern: 实习生 exact: 精确的

做为一个设计师,你最惧怕的是变得没有创意。然后我回来这儿,发现一个年轻的实习生说出了实情。

-Jenny: I'm really sorry.

我真的很抱歉。

-Eleanor: Maybe that is exactly what I needed to hear.

可能那就是我需要听到的吧。

-Jenny: You know the first real dress I ever bought was one of yours.

你知道我第一件有牌子的礼服就是从你店里买的。

-Eleanor: Just spare me the pity.

spare: 节省,节约,省下 pity: 同情

别同情我了。

-Jenny: It's true. I bought it from well, from a consignment store... Ah. Because that was the only way I could afford it. Hmm.

consignment: 寄卖 afford: 负担得起

是真的。我从...从一家寄卖店买的。因为只有去那买我才买得起。

I was 12, and I just wore it around the apartment for months. It was one of the first things that made me want to become a designer.

apartment: 公寓 designer: 设计师

当时我12岁,我就穿着它在公寓里转悠了好几个月。那是让我想成为一名设计师的第一件物品。

-Eleanor: Jenny.

Jenny。

-Jenny: yeah?

什么事?

-Eleanor: The light.

手电筒。

-Jenny: Oh. Sorry.

哦。不好意思。



-Serena: what you want, Dan, if you want never say my name?

你想怎么样,Dan,你是想让我永远不提我名字吗?

-Dan: No, I don't wanna get in this right now.

不,我现在不想谈这个。

-Serena: We thought we could avoid dealing with it last year. Well, this is fate that telling us we can't.

avoid: 回避 deal with: 处理 fate: 命运

我们想我们可以回避去年。但命运在告诉我们无法回避。

What are you doing?

你要干吗?

-Dan: I'm getting out of here.

从这儿爬出去。

-Serena: No, someone's coming. The man said so.

不要,会有人来的。那人说了。

-Dan: Right, because someone always come to save Serena Van Der Woodsen.

那是,Serena Van Der Woodsen是不会被人忽略的。

-Serena: That' not fair.

fair: 公平

那不公平。

-Dan: I know it's not. It's not the point.

point: 要点

我知道不公平。但那不是重点。

-Serena: Fine. You know what, life is not fair. Because it doesn't fit with the way you, Dan Humphrey think things should be.

fit with: 符合

好吧,你知道,生活本来就不公平。因为它不是你Dan Humphrey 的理想世界。

But why are you always right?

但为什么你的就是对的?

-Dan: No, I never said that.

never: 从不

不,我从未那样讲过。

God hurts.

太疼了。

-Serena: Are you OK?

你没事吧?

-Dan: Yeah, I'm fine.

嗯,没事。

-Serena: Are you sure?

你确定没伤到?

-Dan: I'm sorry, Serena.

对不起,Serena。

-Serena: I forgive you, for Georgina.

forgive: 原谅

Georgina的事我原谅你。

-Dan: And I forgive you. But...I don't know.

我也原谅你。但...我不知道。

-Serena: We keep having the same fight. At Bart’s brunch a year ago, at the wedding.

fight: 战斗 brunch: 早午餐 wedding: 婚礼

我们总在一个问题上不停的吵。去年巴特的早午餐会,婚礼上。

-Dan: We talk about the fight at the Bart’s Branch.

也为早午餐会上的事情谈过。

-Serena: I know. And now here. I can't change who I am, Dan.

change: 改变

我知道。现在又在这里。Dan,我没法改变自己的身份。

-Dan: Me either. So what happens now?

either: 也

我也是。那现在怎么办?

-Serena: I don't really feel like talking.

我不太想说话。

-Dan: Yeah, me either.

是的,我也是。



-Nate: Vanessa, I couldn't find her. Vanessa?

Vanessa,我找不到她。Vanessa?

-Catherine: Your friend had to leave. Is there something you want to tell me?

你朋友已经走了。你有事要跟我讲的吗?



-Marcus: Blair.

Blair。



-Gossip girl: Spotted. Lady B's acting not so ladylike. Hope you get the receipt from the tiara, B.

act: 行为 ladylike: 淑女的 receipt: 收据 tiara: 冠状头饰

现场播报。淑女B的行为很不像是淑女噢。希望你还有那个头饰的收据,B。



-Blair: Oh, my god. Oh, my god.

天啊。天啊。

-Marcus: Blair, what is this?

Blair,这是在干嘛?

-Blair: You don't understand. I thought it was you. I hear an accent.

understand: 明白 accent: 口音

你误会了。我听口音以为是你。

-Chuck: Please, you know exactly who I was.

拜托,你根本就知道我是谁。

-Blair: Marcus! Marcus, wait!

Marcus!Marcus,等一下!

-Marcus: Did you really not know it was him? Can you honestly tell me that?

honestly: 诚实地

你真的不知道是他吗?你能诚实回答我吗?

-Blair: No, I knew it was him.

是的,我知道是他。

-Marcus: Thank you.

谢谢。

-Blair: But I want you.

但我想要的是你。

-Marcus: No, Blair. You want my title. The idea of who I am, but clearly you want him. Which...makes me a fool.

title: 头衔 fool: 傻瓜

不是,Blair。你想要的是我的头衔。我的勋爵身份,但显然你想要的是他