疯狂英语突破功能2B
大耳朵英语  http://www.bigear.cn  2008-06-10 16:25:08  【打印
感谢大耳朵网友"luckyllj"提供的听力原文

42. Offering Things and Declining 主动提供与拒绝

【疯狂实战一】

A: Would you like a cigarette?

(你想吸烟吗?)

B: No, I don’t smoke. Thanks anyway.

(不,我不吸烟。谢谢。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: Do have some more chicken, please.

(请再吃点鸡肉。)

B: Oh, I’m full. Thanks.

(噢,我饱了,谢谢。)

【疯狂实战三】

A: Do you want to wear my coat? I know you’re not used to this cold weather.

(要不要穿上我的大衣?我知道你不习惯这么冷的天气。)

B: No, I’m OK. Thanks for the offer though.

(不了,我没事。还是要谢谢你的好意。)

43. Requesting an Appointment 请求预约

【疯狂实战一】

A: I wonder if you are free tomorrow afternoon. I’d like to have a talk with you.

(我想知道你明天下午有没有空,我想和你谈谈。)

B: Yes, certainly.

(行,当然可以。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: May I make an appointment with Dr. White this afternoon?

(我可以与怀特医生在今天下午约个时间吗?)

B: Sorry, he’s got a previously scheduled appointment. Would tomorrow morning be all right with you?

(对不起,他已经事先有约了。明天上午可以吗?)

A: Yes, of course.

(好的,当然可以。)

44. Agreeing or Disagreeing with an Appointment 同意或不同意赴约

【疯狂实战一】

A: Do you mind if I visit you this evening?

(我今晚来拜访你介意吗?)

B: No, of course not.

(当然不介意。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: Are you going to the English party tonight?

(你会参加今晚的英语晚会吗?)

B: I am sorry to say I can’t. I have plans with my friend.

(对不起,我不能参加,我和朋友有约会。)

45. Changing or Canceling an Appointment 改变或取消约会

【疯狂实战一】

A: I am afraid I can’t keep my appointment with you this Sunday. I have something important to do.

(恐怕这个周日的约会我来不了啦,我有件重要的事要做。)

B: Could we change our appointment to next Monday?

(我们把约会改到下周一好吗?)

A: Certainly.

(当然可以。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: Can you keep your appointment with Mr. Smith tomorrow?

(你明天能与史密斯先生约会吗?)

B: Something urgent has come up, so the appointment will have to be canceled.

(我明天突然有急事,所以约会要被迫取消。)

46. Agreeing on Time 商定时间

【疯狂实战一】

A: Can I see your parents sometime tomorrow?

(我明天找个时间见一下你的父母行吗?)

B: Sorry, they are too busy these days.

(对不起,这几天他们很忙。)

A: How about this weekend?

(这个周末怎么样?)

B: Yes, I think so.

(好吧,我想可以。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: Do you want to go shopping with me?

(你愿意和我去买东西吗?)

B: That’s a good idea. What time is good for you?

(好主意,你什么时候有空?)

A: How about Sunday morning?

(星期天上午怎么样?)

B: Sounds good.

(好的。)

47. Showing Interest 感兴趣

【Kim’s Note】I highly recommend all the following dialogues for starting a conversation with someone you don’t know well. Talking about interests is a safe and enjoyable topic.

我全力向大家推荐下面的对话,你们可以使用这些对话与不太熟悉的人展开交谈。谈论兴趣是一个安全而又有趣的话题。

【疯狂实战一】

A: Are you interested in foreign languages?

(你对学外语感兴趣吗?)

B: Yes, I am. I have been studying English and Japanese for years.

(是的,我学习英语和日语多年了。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: What are you interested in?

(你对什么感兴趣?)

B: I am interested in Chinese cooking.

(我对中国烹饪感兴趣。)

A: Really? So am I.

(是吗?我也是。)

48. Not Being Interested 表示不感兴趣

【疯狂实战一】

A: Gambling is not my cup of tea.

(我对赌博不感兴趣。)

B: That’s a wise attitude. It’s really just a waste of time and money.

(这是一种明智的态度,赌博真的是既浪费时间又浪费金钱。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: There is a football match this afternoon.

(今天下午有一场足球赛。)

B: But I think football is boring. Football just isn’t my thing.

(但是我认为足球没意思,我对足球不感兴趣。)

49. Preferring 偏爱

【疯狂实战一】

A: It is a beautiful day. Would you like to take a walk?

(今天天气真好,你愿意出去散步吗?)

B: No, I’d rather stay at home than go out.

(不,我宁愿呆在家里也不愿出去散步。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: I think during the holidays you can stay at home reading novels.

(我想在假期里你可以呆在家里看小说了。)

B: I prefer doing something useful outside to staying at home reading.

(我宁愿到外面干点有益的事,好过呆在家里看小说。)

50. Expressing Willingness 愿意

【疯狂实战一】

A: Will you sing at the party this evening?

(你愿意在今晚的聚会上唱歌吗?)

B: Sure, my pleasure.

(非常愿意,这是我的荣幸。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: Would you mind helping me with this problem?

(你愿意帮我解决一下这个问题吗?)

B: I’d be happy to.

(非常愿意帮你的忙。)

【疯狂实战三】

A: Excuse me. I was wondering if you’d be willing to switch seats with me?

(对不起,不知你是否愿意和我换座位?)

B: Switch seats?

(换座位?)

A: Uh… yes. If you’d be willing to, I’d really appreciate it.

(呃……是的。如果你愿意的话,我会非常感激的。)

B: All right.

(好吧。)

A: Thank you very much.

(非常感谢。)

B: My pleasure.

(不用谢。)

51. Expressing Unwillingness 不愿意

【疯狂实战一】

A: Let’s go and find a restaurant to have dinner.

(我们去找个饭馆吃饭吧。)

B: I don’t really want to. I have something important to do right now.

(我真的不想去吃饭,我正好有件非常重要的事要办。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: Any chance you could give me a lift to the shopping center?

(可以搭你的车去购物中心吗?)

B: Sorry, but I’m not going that way.

(对不起,我不走那条路。)

52. Approval 赞成

【疯狂实战一】

A: Do you support an open policy?

(你赞成开放政策吗?)

B: Absolutely yes. We will face a totally new economic situation. An open policy is the only way to go.

(当然赞成。我们将面临一个全新的经济局面。而开放政策则是唯一的出路。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: Do you favor the plan to build a new library?

(你赞成修建新图书馆的计划吗?)

B: Personally, I entirely approve of the plan. The college has been needing a new library for years.

(个人来说,我完全赞成这个计划。这个学校早就需要一个新的图书馆了。)

【疯狂实战三】

A: How about if I pick you up at about seven?

(我大约7点去接你,如何?)

B: That’s fine with me.

(正合我意。)

53. Disapproval 不赞成

【疯狂实战一】

A: Do you approve of children smoking?

(你赞成孩子抽烟吗?)

B: Definitely not! I don’t even approve of adults smoking!

(绝对不赞成!我甚至不赞成大人抽烟。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: I’m certainly not in favor of what he has done. What do you think?

(我当然不赞成他的做法,你觉得怎样?)

B: I don’t know the details, but it sounds bad.

(我不知道详细情况,但是听起来不怎么样。)

【疯狂实战三】

A: Do you approve of the way I organized the English Salon?

(你赞成我组织“英语沙龙”的方式吗?)

B: In all honesty, it could have been better organized.

(说实话,应该可以组织得更好。)

54. Satisfaction 满意

【疯狂实战一】

A: Do you like your office, Miss Wang?

(你对你的办公室感到满意吗,王小姐?)

B: I’m very pleased with it.

(非常满意。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: Well Done! Stone. I’m really satisfied with your work.

(干得好!石头。我对你的工作很满意。)

B: Thank you, Mr. Gates. It’s very nice of you to say so.

(谢谢你,盖茨先生。听你这么说我很高兴。)

55. Believing 相信

【疯狂实战一】

A: Do you believe that she plans to stay here for more than three weeks?

(你相信她打算在这里要呆上三个多星期吗?)

B: I have no doubt about it. She always wears out her welcome.

(我完全相信。她总是赖着不走。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: Believe me. I’ll do my best to help you, and I won’t let you down.

(相信我,我会尽力帮助你的,而且不会让你失望。)

B: OK. I take your word for it.

(好吧,我相信你的话。)

56. Disbelieving 不相信

【疯狂实战一】

A: Do you believe they’ll raise our salary?

(你相信他们会给我们加薪吗?)

B: I doubt it.

(我表示怀疑。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: They’ve found your book on the third floor.

(他们在三楼找到了你的书。)

B: You’re kidding! I looked everywhere for it!

(你开玩笑吧!我到处找遍了都没有。)

【疯狂实战三】

A: The police office gave me only a warning instead of a ticket because I reasoned with him.

(由于我和警察讲道理,他就只警告了我,没有给我开罚单。)

B: I’m not so sure I believe that!

(我可不太相信。)

57. Determination 决心

【疯狂实战一】

A: That guy always makes trouble for me. I’m determined to teach him a lesson.

(那个家伙经常找我的麻烦,我下定决心要好好教训他一顿。)

B: Do you need any help?

(需要我帮忙吗?)

【疯狂实战二】

A: I have made up my mind to improve my poor English.

(我已经下决心要提高我的破烂英语了。)

B: Let’s make it together.

 (让我们一起努力吧。)

58.Decision 决定

【疯狂实战一】

A: Martin has decided to quit his job.

(马丁决定辞掉那份工作。)

B: Why? I’m surprised to hear that. It is hard to find a good job. I don't think he should quit right now.

(为什么?听到这个消息我感到很突然。现在很难找到一份很理想的工作,我认为他不该这个时候辞职。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: Mr. Brown, you’d better pay a deposit now if you really want this car.

(布朗先生,如果你真的很想要这辆车,你最好是现在就下定金。)

B: Well, after I talk it over with my wife, I’ll come to a final decision.

(嗯,我和我太太商量以后,再作出最后的决定。)

【疯狂实战三】

A: You know, …I’ve made a decision.

(你知道,呃,我作了一个决定。)

B: What?

(是什么?)

A: I’m going to join the army.

(我要去参军。)

B: Wow! Joining the army! That’s a big decision!

(哇!参军!那可是个大决定。)

A: I know it is. But I’ve thought about it for a long time, and I’ve decided it’s time to do it.

(我知道,但是我考虑了很久了,我决定就是现在。)

B: Well, good luck!

(好吧,祝你好运!)

59. Must 必须

【疯狂实战一】

A: Do we have to include him in the meeting?

(我们必须请他参加会议吗?)

B: I think we are obliged to.

(我认为我们不得不这样。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: Sir, you have to pay a deposit if you want to reserve the room.

(先生,如果你想要预订房间, 就得先付定金。)

B: All right. A single room, please.

(好的,请帮我订一个单间。)

【疯狂实战三】

A: Would I be required to keep receipts for everything I do on my business trip?

(我必须把我出差所有花费的收据都保存下来吗?)

B: Yes. You’re expected to.

(是的,你得这样做。)

60. Hesitation 犹豫

【疯狂实战一】

A: Have you decided to go to Australia for summer vacation?

(你已经决定去澳大利亚度暑假了吗?)

B: I’m still hesitating. I have to make a decision before the end of this week.

(我仍在犹豫不决。本周末之前我就得做出决定。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: We want to know how long it will take you to repair the TV set.

(我们想知道你多久能修好这台电视机。)

B: I’m not sure. I’ll have to think it over, probably in three days.

(我还不肯定,我得好好考虑一下,大约三天吧。)

【疯狂实战三】

A: Dad, can I possibly have the car tonight? I have a very important date.

(爸爸,今天晚上我可以用车吗?我有一个非常重要的约会。) 

B: Uh… Let me think for a minute. Well, I guess so.

(呃……让我考虑考虑。好吧,我想可以。)

A: Thanks.

(谢谢。)

61. Hoping 表达希望

【疯狂实战一】

A: I hope the meeting will be over soon.

(我希望会议快点结束。)

B: So do I. It’s really boring.

(我也是,真是太无聊了。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: I hope you’re not upset with me.

(希望你没有对我感到心烦。)

B: It’s not your fault. Don’t worry. I understand.

(这不是你的错。别担心,我理解。)

【疯狂实战三】

A: I’m hoping to have a day off. I’ll go to the seaside, enjoy the beautiful sea, the wonderful beach and lovely girls in their bikinis.

(我希望能放一天假,我会去海边,享受美丽的大海、美妙的沙滩和可爱的比基尼女郎。)

B: OK, wake up. Stop daydreaming. We have a lot of work to do.

(好了,醒醒,别做白日梦了。我们还有好多工作。)

62. Indifference 冷漠

【疯狂实战一】

A: Do you know Bill can’t come to our party?

(你知道比尔不能来参加我们的晚会了吗?)

B: Yes, I do. But I really don’t care.

(知道,但我不在乎。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: Did you hear about that? Mary and John got divorced.

(你听说了吗?玛丽和约翰离婚了。)

B: I can’t say I’m really interested. I think they are both sort of boring.

(我对此没什么兴趣,我认为他们俩都是那种无聊的人。)

【疯狂实战三】

A: Do you have any strong feelings about my growing a beard?

(你对于我留胡须反感吗?)

B: I don’t care one way or the other.

(你留不留胡须我都无所谓。)

63. Delight 高兴

【疯狂实战一】

A: You look very happy.

(你看起来非常高兴。)

B: Yes, I can’t say how pleased I am when I was accepted by Beijing University.

(是的,我无法表达我考上北京大学的喜悦心情。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: My wife has just had a son, and they’re both doing well.

(我太太刚刚生了个儿子,他们母子平安。)

B: I’m pleased to hear that.

(听到这个消息我感到非常高兴。)

64. Being excited激动

【疯狂实战一】

A: I’m going to Alaska.

(我要去阿拉斯加了。)

B: Wow! That’s fantastic!

(哇!太棒了。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: I’m very excited by the news that Stone broke the world record.

(听到石头打破了世界记录,我真是太激动了。)

B: He really is an amazing athlete.

(他确实是一名杰出的运动员。)

【疯狂实战三】

A: Have you heard my daughter scored very high on the TOFEL? And she’ll go to Canada for further study next month.

(你听说了吗?我女儿托福成绩不错,下个月她就要去加拿大深造了。)

B: How exciting!

(太令人兴奋了!)

65. Desire 渴望

【疯狂实战一】

A: I’m dying to have my own car.

(我真渴望有一辆属于自己的车。)

B: That’s every American teenager’s desire, too.

(那也是每个美国年轻人的渴望。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: I’m really longing for a pay raise.

(我真渴望加薪啊。)

B: Just work hard, man. You’ll get a raise sooner or later.

(那就努力工作吧,伙计。你早晚会加薪的。)

66.Disappointment 失望

【疯狂实战一】

A: It’s a shame we can’t get together.

(太可惜了,我们不能聚在一起。)

B: I feel the same way.

(我也这么觉得。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: Has your daughter passed the final exam?

(你女儿的期末考试通过了。)

B: No. I’m very disappointed in her for failing the exam.

(没通过,她考试不及格让我感到非常失望。)

【疯狂实战三】

A: Do you know the picnic has to be put off once again?

(你知道野餐活动又得改期了吗?)

B: Yes, I do. How disappointing!

(是的,我知道了。多么令人失望啊!)

67. Curiosity 好奇

【疯狂实战一】

A: What happened?

(发生什么事了?)

B: It’s a long story!

(说来话长!)

【疯狂实战二】

A: I’m told that Cai Zhiheng has just got another e-love novel published. I’m so curious about it.

(我听说蔡智恒又出了一本有关网恋的小说,我很想看看是什么样的。)

B: Here is a copy of the novel. You can have it.

(这里有一本,你拿去吧。)

A: Oh, thanks.

(噢,谢谢。)

【疯狂实战三】

A: I wonder what happened there?

(我想知道那里发生了什么事?)

B: I have no idea. But I think maybe something terrible happened, because several policemen are there.

(我不知道。但是我想肯定发生了可怕的事,因为几个警察在那里。)

68. Surprise 惊奇

【疯狂实战一】

A: The son killed his father.

(儿子杀死了父亲。)

B: Are you kidding?

(你在开玩笑吧?)

A: I’m serious. I read the news in the paper.

(我说真的,我是在报纸上看到这条新闻的。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: Yesterday I saw a dog and a cat dancing outside.

(昨天我看见一只狗和一只猫在外面跳舞。)

B: Are you serious? That sounds crazy.

(你在开玩笑吧?听起来很古怪。)

【疯狂实战三】

A: What do you think of my statement?

(你觉得我的讲话什么样?)

B: I have to say your statement surprises me.

(我得说,你的讲话使我感到很惊讶。)

【疯狂实战四】

A: How amazing! Yesterday John drank 20 bottles of beer at one time.

(太令人吃惊了,昨天约翰一次就喝了20瓶啤酒。)

B: I can’t believe that. Did he break up with Mary?

(这简直让人难以置信。是因为他和玛丽分手了吗?)

A: Yes. It made him so sad that he can’t stop drinking.

(是的,他太伤心了,所以喝个不停。)

69. Optimism 乐观

【疯狂实战一】

A: Are you feeling better now?

(你现在感觉好些了吗?)

B: Yes, much better. There is nothing to worry about. I’ll go to work tomorrow.

(是的,好多了。 没什么可担心的。我明天就去上班了。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: Do you think we’ll succeed?

(你认为我们会成功吗?)

B: I have complete confidence in our success.

(我对胜利充满信心。)

70. Pessimism 悲观

【疯狂实战一】

A: I think you will pass your driving test easily.

(我觉得你会很容易通过驾驶考试的。)

B: To tell you the truth, I’m not too sure. I’m not too hopeful.

(说实话,我没有把握。我没什么希望。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: I have a feeling that we are doomed to lose the game.

(我有一种感觉,我们注定会输掉这场比赛。)

B: Come on! We will make it. Trust me!

(别这样!我们会赢的。相信我!)

71. Fear 害怕和恐惧

【疯狂实战一】

A: I’m afraid to talk with Stone. He is always so serious.

(我很怕和石头讲话,他总是那么严肃。)

B: In fact, he is very easygoing.

(实际上,他非常好相处。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: Do you like animals?

(你喜欢动物吗?)

B: Yes, I do. But I’m scared of snakes.

(喜欢,但是我害怕蛇。)

72. Worry 担心

【疯狂实战一】

A: I’m very concerned that I’m going to fail my English exam.

(我非常担心我的英语考试会不及格。)

B: There’s nothing to worry about.

(没什么可担心的。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: How do you find driving in Shanghai?

(你认为在上海开车怎么样?)

B: Well, I’m worried about getting lost. It’s so big.

(哟,我真担心会迷路。这个城市太大了。)

73. Relief 宽慰

【疯狂实战一】

A: Excuse me, could you tell me if you accept credit cards?

(对不起,你能告诉我是否可以用信用卡支付吗?)

B: Yes, certainly.

(当然可以。)

A: Oh, that’s a relief.

(哦,那就好办了。)

【疯狂实战二】

A: Have you found your wallet, Sam?

(山姆,你找到你的钱包了吗?)

B: Yes. I found it under my seat. You know there is 8,000 dollars in it.

(找到了,是在我座位下面找到的。你知道吗,里面有八千美金啊。)

A: Thank goodness you found it.

(找到了真是谢天谢地!)