Old Testament 旧约
n.姑妈, 伯母, 舅妈, 阿姨...
29 Renewal of the Covenant
1. These are the terms of the covenant the LORD commanded Moses to make with the Israelites in Moab, in addition to the covenant he had made with them at Horeb.
2. Moses summoned all the Israelites and said to them: Your eyes have seen all that the LORD did in Egypt to Pharaoh, to all his officials and to all his land.
3. With your own eyes you saw those great trials, those miraculous signs and great wonders.
4. But to this day the LORD has not given you a mind that understands or eyes that see or ears that hear.
5. During the forty years that I led you through the desert, your clothes did not wear out, nor did the sandals on your feet.
6. You ate no bread and drank no wine or other fermented drink. I did this so that you might know that I am the LORD your God.
7. When you reached this place, Sihon king of Heshbon and Og king of Bashan came out to fight against us, but we defeated them.
8. We took their land and gave it as an inheritance to the Reubenites, the Gadites and the half-tribe of Manasseh.
9. Carefully follow the terms of this covenant, so that you may prosper in everything you do.
10. All of you are standing today in the presence of the LORD your God--your leaders and chief men, your elders and officials, and all the other men of Israel,
11. together with your children and your wives, and the aliens living in your camps who chop your wood and carry your water.
12. You are standing here in order to enter into a covenant with the LORD your God, a covenant the LORD is making with you this day and sealing with an oath,
13. to confirm you this day as his people, that he may be your God as he promised you and as he swore to your f