1. It’s a long time since I had the pleasure of seeing you..
2. You must be tired from the long flight. Please take a rest today.
3. Since it is hot today, I’m sure a beer after work will taste wonderful.
4. There is nothing I enjoy more than going on a hike.
5. I must admit I don’t take a great deal of interest in cooking.
6. Going and looking around the suburbs is a marvellous way to spend a day off.
7. What sort of work do you do at X?
8. It’s really very kind of you to come to see me off.
9. I’ll be looking forward to our next meeting.
10. Thank you for your kind invitation, but I just learned I have to go on a business trip tomorrow.
11. Can you give me a price list with specifications？
12. The price depends on quantity.
13. Can you offer a quantity discount?
14. what would happen to the price if we doubled the order?
15. If you order in large quantity I think a discount would be possible.
16. I can’t say offhand exactly how much.
17. Raw material prices have risen, so we can’t sell our product at that price.
18. We’re selling at cost already.
19. To start business, I’ll try to talk them into accepting a 3.5% reduction, if you agree.
20. The freight rates and the insurance premium are not included in the price.
21. This price is F.O.B. New York.
22. Can we meet each other halfway?
23. We are anxious to know your usual practice in giving commission.
24. In that case we may consider giving you a 8% commission.
25. Don’t deduct the commission from the value of the consignment.
26. I suggest a 4 percent reduction on the C.I.F. price you first quoted.
27. It would help me greatly if you would accept D/P or D/A instead.
28. What do you say to our old terms, confirmed and irrevocable L/C?
29. As the manufacture of the equipment involves sums of money to be advanced, we have to ask for payment by L/C payable at sight.
30. Could you supply us with initial stock on three months credit?
31. We usually accept payment by irrevocable letter of credit payable against shipping documents.
32. Traveler’s check need countersigning.
33. The appearance of a package that catches the eye will certainly be of much help in promoting the sales.
34. Each is lined with waterproof paper, so that it can’t be spoiled by dampness or rain.
35. I think the inner packing is good enough. And what about the outer packing?
36. Solid packing and overall stuffing can prevent the cases from vibration and jarring.
37. We want deliveries on time, not excuses
38. I apologize for the late delivery, but the carrying vessel had an accident.
39. Did you get the bill of lading for you last shipment?
40. Your quotation is on C.I.F. basis. What risks are you usually covered against?
41. Another thing, you’ll please cover W.P.A. and War Risk, which are the general clauses of marine insurance, won’t you?
42. Another thing, I’d like to have the insurance of the goods covered at 130% of the invoice amount.
43. Therefore I regret very much we can’t bear you to file a claim on us.
44. We’re filing a claim with our insurance company.
45. After the draft is completed, we can work out any minor problems.
46. I’m afraid you can’t get a refund, but you can pick and choose still you find the most satisfying goods.
47. Now show me your receipt and let me check it.
48. I’d like to show you to see our showroom. Please look at our display products.
49. Do you have any printed material on this product?
50. I’m sorry we can’t give this as a sample but we’ll make a sample discount of twenty percent.
51. You’ll understand our products better if you visit the plant.
52. We check each component before we install it.
53. Our rejection rate is less than two percent.
54. We always pay attention to improving our quality.
55. We have some questions about after-sale services.
56. The main mechanism carries a three-year warranty. Within the warranty periods, all repairs are free.
57. I’d like to talk about an exclusive agency agreement.
58. What is the total annual turnover you could fulfill?
59. I’m thinking of offering you a sole agency in Australia on the following terms and conditions.
60. I would like to receive from you a detailed report on current market conditions every month in the future.
61. We are experienced in marketing products similar to yours and quite familiar with customers’ need.
62. We have good connections with all the leading importers and wholesalers in our country.
63.You are driving a hard bargain.
64. Very often in a campaign, two or more media are used together.
65. We should get to know who are the audience for the selected advertising media.
66. We approach the retailers directly, without any middleman.
67. Before fixing our prices, we have to know what your service charges will be.
68. My biggest concern now is business promotion. Can you give me some tips?
69. Would you like to leave a message for Mr. Smith?
70. I’m sorry, Mr. Smith is speaking on another line. Will you wait?
71. Well, if you leave your name and number, I’ll tell him to call you back when he is free.
72. I’ll get in touch with him and call you back later.
71．He is not available now.
72. Please tell me how to format a floppy disk. I use Windows 98.
73．If you install more memory, you can use it fairly well.
74．E-mail seems to have reformed the organization of companies.
75．Since opened our homepage one week ago, our access number has grown to over one
76. The most remarkable difference of the Internet from TV and video is that it is “interactive”, that is, it allows two-way communication。
77. The number of people who quit their jobs and begin SOHOs should increase more and more.
78. We have pleasure insending you our catalogue, which gives full information about our various products.
79. We have large quantity of …. in stock.
80．Payment is to be made against sight draft drawn under a confirmed, irrevocable, divisible and
transferable L/C without recourse for the full amount.
81．We cannot accept L/C available by draft at 30 days’ sight.
82．The quality of the order must be exactly the same as that of our sample.
83．I made a reservation. This is the confirmation slip.
84. How much do you charge for a single room with breakfast?
85. Could I pay with traveler’s checks?
86. I’d like to reserve a seat on Flight number GJ2 to Beijing.
87. Id like to change/reconfirm my reservation on Flight number AR880 on the 16th of this month.
88. we expect payment in advance on first orders.
89. Please pay us within sixty days from the invoice date.
90. This order shall be packed in cartons with polyethylene tops.
91. Our packing charge includes $1 for the drum, which sum will be credited on return.
92. The insurance covers All Risks at 110 percent of the invoice value.
93．And the extra premium involved will be for your account
94．We’re going to have to put your account on C.O.D.
95．We can quote you either C.I.F. or CFR plus commission, if you prefer.
96．Could you agree to payment by D/A? This is a sample order.
97．As you know, it doesn’t pay to open an L/C with a bank for such a small amount.
98．We have an easy-payment plan. One-third down, and the balance in six months.
99．It’s just a formality but for hire-purchase, we usually require references.
100．Drafts drawn under this credit must be negotiated in China on or before July 20, 2001. after which this credit expires.