3. 2007年广东省《考试说明》建议的答题时间为15分钟, 实际上答题的时间应该不需要15分钟。我们老师要求各位同学要提高解题准确率和速度。（10 + 2分钟内完成。其中2分钟检查。）
Nick sat in my classroom after school, five years ago, wanting help on a research paper that stood between him and graduation. An 21 student at the school, he felt much worried about his assignment.
Many 22 find themselves in the same position: A child feels lost with 23 and turns to you for help. Not wanting the child to 24 , some parents step in and take over. I could easily tell the _25 between a parent’s writing style and the student’s style on homework.
Parents often have pure purposes, but the result can be 26 . They’re cheating their kids out of the very education they want them to get. Allowing children to master a skill 27 lifelong gains.
Some ways to help without hurting:
Be a model learner. If your child sees you 28 papers, magazines or literature, he’ll be more motivated to learn.
If you’re 29 that he or she is falling behind, talk with the teacher about it instead of doing the work yourself.
Nick made it through fine. I didn’t write his paper. Nor did his mother. Instead, we guided him together. At 30 , we are very happy to see him collect his diploma. But no one was prouder than Nick. He knew what he had done.
21. A. average B. excellent C. open-minded D. absent-minded
22. A. children B. teachers C. parents D. students
23. A. school B. homework C. research D. graduation
24. A. lose B. graduate C. succeed D. fail
25. A. difference B. similarity C. comparison D. distance
26. A. pitiful B. successful C. harmful D. useful
27. A. results in B. comes from C. makes up D. takes over
28. A. writing B. reading C. learning D. collecting
29. A. sure B. anxious C. worried D. happy
30. A. classroom B. home C. graduation D. presentation
1 考查的内容、考点的设计以实词(v、n、adj和adv、短语等) 的词汇意义与搭配为主，语法项目基本不考。(因此，能否做好完形填空试题的关键是：读懂短文、读懂句子)。
4 短文的题材内容多样化, 夹叙夹议、说明文、议论文等短文比较热门。
My sister and I grew up in a little village in England. Our father was a struggling 21 , but I always knew he was 22 . He never criticized us, but used 23 to bring out our best. He’d say, “If you pour water on flowers, they flourish. If you don’t give them water, they die.” I remember as a child I said something _24 _ about somebody, and my father said, “Any time you say something unpleasant about somebody else, it’s a reflection of you.” He explained that if I looked for the best in people, I would get the best in return. From then on I’ve always tried to 25 the principle in my life and later in running my company.
Dad’s also always been very 26 . At 15, I started a magazine. It was taking up a great deal of my time, and the headmaster of my school gave me a 27 : stay in school or leave to work on my magazine. I decided to leave, and Dad tried to sway me from my decision, as any good father would. When he realized I had made up my mind, he said, “Richard, when I was 23, my dad persuaded me to go into law. And I’ve 28_ regretted it. I wanted to be a biologist, but I didn’t pursue my dream. You know what you want. Go fulfill (实现) it.”
As it turned out, my little publication went on to become Student, a national 29 for young people in the U.K. My wife and I have two children, and I’d like to think we are bringing them up in the same way Dad _ 30 me.
21. A. biologist B. manager C. lawyer D. gardener
22. A. strict B. honest C. special D. learned
23. A. praise B. courage C. power D. warmth
24. A. unnecessary B. unkind C. unimportant D. unusual
25. A. revise B. set C. review D. follow
26. A. understanding B. experienced C. serious D. demanding
27. A. suggestion B. decision C. notice D. choice
28. A. always B. never C. seldom D. almost
29. A. newspaper B. magazine C. program D. project
30. A. controlled B. comforted C. reminded D. raised
001. A kind of glass dish that _____ heat is useful.
A. resists B. rejects C. defends D. keeps
002. The city's underground _____ more people than the buses.
A. brings B. sends C. fetches D. carries
003. I've _____ my things at home.
A. forget B. forgotten C. left D. lost
004. _____ at the door before you come into the room.
A. Hit B. Knock C. Touch D. Strike
005. I _____ to him for what I said.
A. excused B. apologized C. pardoned D. explained
006. He _____ the cooking yesterday.
A. did B. made C. took D. had
007. It would be _____ a risk to let the child go to school by himself.
A. running B. following C. passing D. carrying
008. Much _____ to be settled.
A. remains B. remembers C. forgets D. leaves
009. It _____ them $300 a year to run a car.
A. spends B. costs C. takes D. pays
010. --- Who broke the window? --- I _____.
A. had B. broke C. was D. did
011. The teacher _____ her new students to be diligent.
A. hopes B. demands C. has D. expect
012. The two brothers _____ every day and there was no love left between them.
A. quarreled B. hated C. loved D. worked
013. It's fine _____! What do you make of it? Picasso’s?
A. job B. work C. book D. table
014. I have been looking for you everywhere. This is the _____ place in the world I would have expected to find you.
A. right B. last C. just D. only
015. --- Mr. Lee wishes to see you. --- _____ him in.
A. Take B. Lead C. Point D. Show
016. We had a long meeting yesterday. It _____ four hours.
A. kept B. spent C. continued D. lasted
017. It was not easy for him to buy good shoes because he had such a big _____ of feet.
A. couple B. size C. number D. pair
018. The man who makes no mistakes usually makes _____.
A. everything B. nothing C. something D. anything
019. It can take up three months to _____ a man to do this work.
A. guide B. raise C. train D. learn
020. Look, what Father _____ me when he came home from work!
A. took B. brought C. carried D. fetched
021. She said she could not _____ all the information given in the broadcast.
A. believe B. expect C. act D. rely
022. Can you _____ to carry that heavy box by yourself?
A. arrange B. offer C. manage D. prepare
023. She _____ me why she wanted to leave today.
A. explained B. said C. told D. suggested
024. When my sister phoned me, I could not hear clearly what she was _____.
A. speaking B. talking C. saying D. telling
025. Facing danger, he always _____ calm.
A. seems B. remains C. becomes D. appears
026. My sister cleans the house from _____ to bottom when she is expecting visitors.
A. roof B. ground C. floor D. top
027. There are usually at least two _____ of looking.
A. means B. ways C. directions D. courses
028. The thief ran away at the _____ of a policeman.
A. sight B. screen C. sound D. seeing
029. The book is not _____ what we paid.
A. worth B. valuable C. cost D. dear
030. The city was _____ to me, and I didn't know where to go.
A. interesting B. large C. strange D. exciting
031. It's no _____ arguing about it, because he will never change his mind.
A. time B. while C. use D. help
032. As the storm drew near, black clouds were _____ over the sky.
A. smoothing B. wandering C. running D. gathering
033. Every time he tried to start the car, the wheels _____ deeper into the mud.
A. stayed B. sank C. fell D. dropped
034. He spoke so quickly that I didn't _____ what he said.
A. receive B. accept C. take D. catch
035. Her husband felt it would be silly to __ the colour of the curtains before they had painted the room.
A. change B. find C. choose D. lose
036. --- At last day _____ and it began to get light. --- It's time for you to leave.
A. lighted B. broke C. rose D. began
037. Smoking is not _____ in the meeting hall.
A. supposed B. allowed C. happened D. admitted
038. To ask someone for help is to turn _____ him.
A. to B. for C. on D. by
039. Did you get much _____ from your holiday?
A. honour B. benefit C. reward D. prize
040. She _____ me to open the door.
A. posted B. noticed C. signed D. drilled
Several factors make a good newspaper story. First obviously it must be new. But since TV can react to events so quickly, this is often a problem for 21 . They usually respond to it in one of three ways.
By providing 22 detail, comment or background information.
By finding a new 23 on the day's major stories.
By printing completely different stories which TV doesn't broadcast.
What else? Well it also has to be 24 . People don't want to read about ordinary, everyday life. Because of this, many stories 25 some kind of conflict or danger. This is one reason why so much news seems to be 26 news. “Plane lands safely no one hurt” doesn't sell newspapers. “Plane 27 --200 dead!” does.
Next, there's human interest. People are interested in other 28 particularly in the rich, famous and powerful. Stories about the private lives of pop singers，actors，models，politicians, 29 , all appear regularly in certain newspapers.
Finally, for many editors, 30 is an important factor, too. They prefer stories about people, place and events which their readers know. That's why the stories in Tokyo's newspapers are of ten very different from the stories printed in Paris, Cairo, New York or Buenos Aires.
30.A.personality B. publications
B. in any case
B. similarity C. reporters
C. for example
C. uniqueness D. broadcasters
D. After all
01. His uncle died and ________ him a lot of money, with which he bought an expensive car.
A. left B. had C. gave D. put
02. If the boy had _____ the dog alone, it wouldn't have bitten him.
A. put B. set C. left D. led
03. The more you _____ things to chance, the less chance there is for you.
A. leave B. have C. take D. put
04. I’m sorry I can’t lend any money to you because I have ______ my purse at home.
A. left B. forgotten C. lost D. put
05. Don't ______ the windows open---it's inviting thieves to enter.
A. keep B. leave C. remain D. stay
06. The theatre only ______ 1, 000 persons.
A. contains B. includes C. admits D. carries
07. His cousin, who had just been _______ to Beijing University, was killed in a traffic accident.
A. accepted B. confessed C. recognized D. admitted
08. The servant opened the door and _______me into the house.
A. admitted B. allowed C. led D. sent
09. If you go out, who'll _______ to the baby?
A. take B. admit C. attend D. look
10. A doctor must be immediately sent for to __________ the seriously-injured boy.
A. cure B. attend C. accept D. operate
11. She forgot to tell me which bus to _____.
A. travel B. take C. have D. ride
12. If you work hard, you will _____ a good teacher.
A. have B. make C. follow D. learn
13. The police are _____ a search for the body of the man who disappeared.
A. doing B. taking C. giving D. making
14. I've promised to help you and I'll _____ my word.
A. hold B. keep C. follow D. take
15. It will do you good to _____ a holiday.
A. spend B. make C. take D. do
16. Let's hurry to _____ that bus or we'll be late for school.
A. take B. catch C. ride D. get
17. It is really a bad news that after his father died last year his mother ______ a terrible disease this year! How sad he is now!
A. picks B. develops C. takes D. receives
18. Ladies and gentlemen, may I ___ your attention to me？I have an important announcement to make.
A. draw B. attract C. pull D. drag
19. Do you have any idea what has ______ him mad？
A. made B. driven C. forced D. kept
20. Jim is a good son. He never _______ to write to his mother every month.
A. fails B. misses C. loses D. forgets
21. In order to _____ the needs of the readers we will reprint the bestseller．
A. get B. meet C. achieve D. add
22. It will _____ time if we make the sandwiches the day before the picnic.
A. spare B. save C. win D. get
23. She was standing by an electric heater and her nightdress _____ fire.
A. caught B. set C. took D. had
24. The clock _____ and we realized it was two o’clock.
A. struck B. hit C. turned D. rang
C. 上下文内容一致关系: 如与短文前后叙述的话题、主题、中心内容相关;
E. 同近义名词的区分: 如名词的可数与不可数; 名词的一些习惯用法等。
01. The police are offering a ___ to anyone who can give information about the wanted criminal (通缉犯).
A. price B. prize C. reward D. money
02. My cousin is a sailor. He's doing very well in the _______.
A. army B. navy C. air force D. boat
03. His _________, his sister's son, was admitted to Beijing University this year.
A. cousin B. niece C. nephew D. grandson
04. Very loud ______ can make people ill, or even drive them mad.
A. voice B. sound C. noise D. ear
05. I found my _____ open when I opened my drawer. Someone must have read what I wrote in it.
A. novel B. notebook C. wallet D. dictionary
06. The house was sold for 60,000 dollars, which was far more than its real _______.
A. cost B. value C. price D. worth
07. There are 5 _______ in the passage about nanometer(纳米)technology we have just read. Please tell me the general meaning of the first one.
A. persons B. paragraphs C. articles D. units
08. In Paris nowadays, we may see musicians performing in the streets to ______.
A. audiences B. visitors C. travelers D. passers-by
09. TV home shopping has changed the way of shopping and the ____ of people's family life in some way.
A. meaning B. structure C. pattern D. tense
10. Now more and more people prefer to have a _________ at home---a little dog, a cat or some other animals.
A. habit B. hobby C. parrot D. pet
11. The little boy likes plane models very much. He wants to be a _______and fly a plane into the sky when he grows up.
A. driver B. pilot C. designer D. producer
12. The old man is used to sleeping without a ________in order to keep his back from bending.
A. net B. pillow C. slippers D. quilt
13. He seems to have nothing to do. He always keeps his hands in his ______.
A. bags B. chest C. back D. pockets
14. It is beyond my _______ to decide whether we should begin our meeting or not.
A. strength B. power C. force D. might
15. It is widely believed that a good _____ between the two countries is important for the development of both China and the USA.
A. connection B. link C. relation D. relationship
16. After work, the young man and his colleagues went to the nearest _____ and sat down at the table for a grand dinner.
A. bar B. cafe C. restaurant D. dining-room
17. A_____ has taught us what atoms are made up of and how powerful the atom bomb is.
A. seaman B. salesman C. naturalist D. scientist
18. The bank is equipped with new alarm _____. We can say it's safe and reliable completely.
A. system B. way C. order D. setting
19. The limited supply of water has been put into practice, take care to turn off the running ____ before you leave.
A. radio B. traffic lights C. gas D. tap
20. Records, ____, walkman CD and MD are the same instruments that we can use to enjoy music.
A. tapes B. hammers C. diamonds D. telegram
21. We should take good care of our ____. Don't forget to rinse your mouth after meals.
A. toes B. eyes C. hands D. teeth
22. The road constant improvements can't keep pace with the increasing ____ .
A. trucks B. private cars C. buses D. traffic
23. Take on a(n)_______ with you. It looks like raining.
A. underwear B. overcoat C. water-proof jacket D. umbrella
Do some FL (Foreign Language) reading every day and try to finish one FL book at least every week. You are no doubt 21 with little spare time, and this may sound unrealistic. But if you read in the 22 described, it is perfectly possible. The key is to be honest with yourself about 23 you really enjoy: thrillers, women's magazines, newspapers---it really doesn't matter what you read as 24 as it genuinely interests you, because that is the only certain way to make yourself read. It is 25 to reach good speeds by practising on material that is difficult or dull. If you pursue this program for only few months, you should achieve a very marked increase in your reading 26 . What you do with your FL reading skill when you have developed it is to study for a further qualification. The 27 is that in order to develop the 28 , a great deal of practice on easy interesting materials is essential. If you can 29 this to yourself by developing your own reading skill by this method, your teaching will carry the certainty that comes only from 30 .
21. A. bored B. helpless C. free D. busy
22. A. key B. problem C. way D. job
23. A. which B. when C. who D. what
24. A. much B. good C. long D. well
25. A. impossible B. possible C. necessary D. easy
26. A. efficiency B. effects C. method D. capacity
27. A. question B. point C. idea D. problem
28. A. habit B. idea C. skill D. task
29. A. realize B. tell C. improve D. prove
30. A. work B. experience C. theory D. doing
C. 上下文内容一致关系: 如与短文前后叙述的话题、主题、中心内容相关;
01. In the low latitude area, it is usually very _____ all the year around.
A. warm B. hot C. cold D. heat
02. In 1989, a(n) _______law was passed by the United Nations to stop people putting waste into sea.
A. national B. local C. internet D. international
03. The patient suffering from cancer looked dead but the faint pulse proved that he was still________.
A. live B. life C. alive D. lively
04. What he said sounds _________, but it is impractical.
A. interesting B. reasonable C. understandable D. enjoyable
05. Both of my parents prefer _______ news to foreign news when they listen to the radio..
A. local B. latest C. international D. global
06. The price of the portable computers (手提电脑) is still so _______that I can't afford to buy one.
A. high B. low C. expensive D. dear
07. Her trouble was found to be _______, not physical.
A. mental B. material C. mad D. spiritual
08. The gate is too ________ for a car to pass through..
A. wide B. high C. narrow D. neat
09. After all, not even _____ speakers of English find it easy to do some reading aloud correctly in RP (Received Pronunciation).
A. national B. native C. natural D. non-stop
10. You can’t throw the waste everywhere. You should keep the classroom _________.
A. quiet B. neat C. orderly D. bright
11. Don’t be _________ at the examination, and believe that you can do well in it.
A. anxious B. upset C. nervous D. worried
12. The old man received a lot of respect for his ________ character.
A. grand B. noble C. high D. splendid
13. I didn't sleep well last night because it was too _______ outside.
A. noisy B. quiet C. loud D. silent
14. Such a grammar mistake is ______ among the beginners of English study.
A. normal B. common C. general D. ordinary
15. Our cadres, whether high or low in their official rank, are the people's public servant and _____workers.
A. common B. ordinary C. usual D. normal
16. Although she tried her best to make her work _______, yet she failed in the end.
A. complete B. well C. perfect D. good
17. At the moment of the sunset, the sky turns _______.
A. dark B. deep red C. pink D. bright
18. Every child is _____ to it parents.
A. precious B. possible C. expensive D. valuable
19. America is fond of carrying out hegemonism (霸权主义) all over the world. In the long run they will have to pay _____ price than September 11th.
A. heavier B. bigger C. larger D. weightier
20. It is not the _____ way for America to deal with some problems of Iraq (伊拉克) only by force.
A. important B. difficult C. proper D. exact
21. If you can speak very ______ English, you will have more chances to find a job than others.
A. correct B. pure C. proper D. exact
22. Though Queen Elizabeth is in her late seventies, she is still _____ in thinking.
A. quick B. fast C. rapid D. soon
23. You'd better stay at school now. Look! The sky is overcast with dark clouds. I'm afraid _____ rain is going to fall.
A. large B. big C. great D. heavy
24. Our company has been very____ to react to foreign competition. Most of our products are out of fashion.
A. slow B. quick C. smart D. clever
25. These shoes my mother bought for me are so ____ that they hurt.
A. loose B. tight C. big D. dirty
26. He had an _______ holiday in Hong Kong, for he got his pocket picked on the first day.
A. pleasing B. unfortunate C. unfit D. unpleasant
27. I don't think she is right, so her words of advice were _______ on me.
A. wasted B. useful C. helpful D. effective
28. The illness had left her feeling tired and_______.
A. strong B. happy C. weak D. hungry
One day a police officer managed to get some fresh mushrooms (蘑菇). He was so 21 that he cooked them and offered to share with his fellow officers. “Let the dog try a piece first,” suggested one 22 officer who was afraid that the mushrooms might be 23 . The dog seemed to enjoy his mushroom, and the officers then began to eat their meal, saying that the mushrooms had a very strange but quite 24 taste. An hour later, however, they were all 25 when the gardener rushed in and said 26 that the dog was dead. Immediately, the officers jumped into their cars and rushed to the 27 hospital. Pumps(洗胃器) were used and the officers had a very 28 time getting rid of the mushrooms that remained in their stomachs. When they returned, they called the gardener to tell how the dog died. “Did it suffer much before death?” asked one of the officers, feeling very pleased that he had escaped a 29 death himself. “No”, the gardener looked rather 30 . “It was killed the moment a car hit it.”
21.A.sure B. careless C. pleased D. disappointed
22.A.frightened B. shy C. cheerful D. careful
23.A.dangerous B. poisonous C. harmful D. smelly
24.A.special B. delicious C. pleasant D. bitter
25.A.glad B. curious C. satisfied D. astonished
26.A.cruelly B. curiously C. seriously D. finally
27.A.animal B. biggest C. best D. nearest
28.A.hard B. busy C. exciting D. unforgettable
29.A.strange B. painful C. peaceful D. natural
30.A.happy B. interested C. surprised D. excited
A. 副词的基本意义与特殊含义 (注意副词与介词的区别);
C. 在特定情景、语境中, 副词与其所修饰的动词、形容词、副词之间的关系；
D. 上下文词与词之间、句子与句子之间的逻辑关系 (衔接副词);
E. 同近义副词的区分 (如:修饰原级、比较级、最高级的副词) 等等。
01. These books are ___ written for those who learn how to use computer. It's an ABC of computer learning.
A. particularly B. specially C. especially D. peculiarly
02. The rock is _____ two hundred kilograms, and almost no one can move it.
A. nearly B. mostly C. hardly D. partly
03. It is said that some teachers will go to Japan. They are ___ going to work as exchange teachers of Chinese.
A. lately B. recently C. shortly D. likely
04. Instead of answering, she ______ smiled.
A. merely B. barely C. almost D. scarcely
05. It was ____ late to catch a bus after the party; therefore we called a taxi.
A. too very B. much too C. too much D. far
06. Don't worry about him. He is _____ a child and he is able to look after himself.
A. no longer B. any longer C. no more D. any more
07. All the passengers were _______ wounded in the road accident.
A. more and more B. by and by C. more or less D. little and little
08. Why did you ask him for help instead of Jim? He is _______ helpful than Jim.
A. no more B. any more C. not more D. some more
09. After having failed many times, the young man refused to try it _______.
A. again and again B. once more C. less D. over and over again
10.This gentleman is very interested in singing. He often goes to the Karaoke hall with his friends and sometimes comes home very late, _____, very early in the morning.
A. rather than B. rather late C. or rather D. would rather
11. The Summer Palace is one of the ___ beautiful parks in Beijing. I suggest you going there to have a visit.
A. more B. most C. best D. much
12. Yesterday my friend and I went to the supermarket nearby. We found that there were _______ nothing worth buying.
A. almost B. nearly C. hardly D. about
13. Such a small man can't _____ reach the balloon one meter higher than he.
A. possibly B. likely C. unlikely D. impossibly
14. What she said is ________ true. That is to say, not all she said is true.
A. some B. partly C. not D. almost
15. This novel is ______ a good book, but there are many that are better.
A. very B. rather C. fairly D. quite
16. Our cousin who is attending college in New York phones us every Sunday at six, _________ as clockwork.
A. usually B. frequently C. regularly D. commonly
17. The task is hard, ____, the workers managed to finish it in time.
A. therefore B. otherwise C. however D. yet
18. The international police has come into existence and they were ____ the key to global security.
A. thus B. for C. or D. otherwise
19.They planned to go to Beijing for sightseeing, but because of their daughter's unexpected illness they had to stay at home _____.
A. instead B. really C. however D. though
20. At the beginning, I had some difficulty with my English, and my teacher pulled me ______.
A. down B. over C. up D. through
21 The general asked his men to push _____ so they might overtake the retreating (败退的) enemy troop.
A. out B. over C. on D. off
22. She likes to keep things rather than throw them ____.
A. out. B. off C. down D. away
23. I never expected you to turn ____ at the meeting. I thought you were abroad.
A. around B. on C. in D. up
Many people think teachers give pupils too much homework. They say that it is __21_ for children to work at home in their free time. _ 22 _ they argue that most teachers do not __23 _ plan the homework tasks they give to pupils. The results are that pupils have to repeat tasks which they have _ 24__ done at school.
Recently in Greece many parents complained about the _25__ homework which teachers gave to their children. The parents said that most of the homework was __26_, and they wanted to stop it. Spain and Turkey are two countries which stopped homework recently. In Denmark, Germany and several other countries in Europe, teachers cannot set homework at weekends. In Holland, teachers allow pupils to stay at school to do their homework. The children are free to help one another. _27_ arrangement also exists in some British schools.
Most people agree that homework is not _28 _ . A pupil who can do his homework in a quiet and __29_ room is in a much better position than a pupil who does his homework in a small, noisy room with the television on. Some parents are ready to help their children with their homework. But other parents __30__take no interest at all in their children’s homework.
21 A. unnecessary B. uninteresting C. unfortunate D. unimportant
22 A. Nevertheless B. However C. Therefore D. Moreover
23 A. considerably B. favorably C. properly D. pleasantly
24 A. just B. already C. yet D. still
25 A. simple B. advanced C. easy D. difficult
26 A. impossible B. invaluable C. careless D. useless
27 A. Familiar B. Appropriate C. Similar D. Abnormal
28 A. fair B. average C. balanced D. comparative
29 A. furnished B. expensive C. comfortable D. suitable
30 A. even B. ever C. hardly D. almost
A. 动词的基本意义、引申意义（一词多义，特别是一些常用动词的意义）；（提示注意：①该动词表示的是动作、状态还是结果；②根据短文或上下句提供的情景判断该动词的发出者是谁，如: 该动词所在的句子的主语能否做出这一动作）;
B. 动词的搭配 (如: 动词与介词的搭配关系；后接的特殊名词宾语是什么<如:后接人做宾语的动词: dress/ seat/… >、后跟的动词的形式是to do / doing 还是 do / 等)；
01. John complained to the bookseller that there were several pages _______ in the dictionary.
A. missing B. losing C. dropping D. leaking
02. Mrs. Clarke raised the kettle and _______the water over the hand.
A. spread B. dropped C. poured D. covered
03. The boy was in the water and his canoe was_______ away.
A. running B. floating. C. flowing D. pulling
04. And video cameras can be used to_______ people’s actions at home.
A. keep B. make C. record D. watch
05. Washington D.C. ______ between Virginia and Maryland on the Potomac River.
A. lays. B. lies C. sits D. seats
06. Our teacher will _____ our class a picnic at the riverside tomorrow if the weather permits.
A. organize B. order C. arrange D. operate
07. He_____ me 50 yuan and didn't return it to me until last night.
A. owed B. lent C. paid D. borrowed
08. However, it only appears in the imagination and will never be __________.
A. realized B. supported C. understood D. produced
09. It was 4 o'clock when the front doorbell rang. Mrs. Clarke was __________ tea at the time.
A. cooking B. making C. burning D. serving
10. We have got everything ready and all of us are waiting for you. You should have _____ quickly for the trip to Guangzhou.
A. wrapped B. tied C. packed D. carried
11. Last Sunday, My friend and I drove to the Summer Palace in Beijing. We found there were so many cars here and there and we couldn't find a place to _______ the car in.
A. pause B. stop C. place D. park
12. They____________ potatoes in different ways. They can boil them and fry them.
A. cook B. eat C. make D. take
13. Jack is a very stubborn(顽固的) person. I was unable to _____ him to do as I said. I want to ask you to have a word with him.
A. let B. make C. prevent D. persuade
14. The weather turned to be very bad. Very soon the wind had ________ the snow into drifts.
A. collected B. gathered C. piled D. placed
15. As soon as the principal _____ the news on the bulletin, the students began gathering in the school garden.
A. mailed B. sent C. posted D. handed
16. At present, what _____ most heavily on American people is the terrorist accident (恐怖事件).
A. hit B. pressed C. beat D. stroke
17. My uncle, the boss of a shoe factory _____ me for a part-time shop assistant of the department store.
A. introduced B. wanted C. hired D. recommended
18. Unexpectedly, Maggie came out of the cage and ____ the letter from her and began to read aloud.
A. held B. seized C. snatched D. grasped
19. Charlie thinks money will _____ all his problem, but as a matter of fact he is mistaken.
A. work out B. solve C. provide D. supply
20. If you go to see a doctor, the doctor will have your temperature __________ at first.
A. checked B. examined C. measured D. taken
21. The two countries once_______ into one, it will become a strong and powerful one in the world.
A. joined B. connected C. unifies D. united
22. Her financial adviser_______ her against such a venturesome investment.
A. reminded B. warned C. advised. D. persuaded
23. She ______ her trip to New York because she was ill.
A. called off B. closed down. C. put up D. went off
24. Whenever a big company ______ a small one, the product almost always gets worse.
A. gets on with. B. cuts down C. takes over D. puts up with
25. The continuous rain ______ the harvesting of the wheat crop by two weeks.
A. set back. B. set off C. set out D. set aside
26. Computer technology will ______ a revolution in business administration.
A. bring around B. bring about. C. bring out D. bring up
Several years ago, a well-known writer and editor Norman Cousins became very ill. His body ached and he felt constantly tired. It was difficult for him to even __21__ around. His doctor told him that he would lose the ability to move and eventually die from the disease. He was told he had only a 1 in 500 chance of survival.
Despite the diagnosis (诊断), Cousins was __22__ to overcome the disease and survive. He had always been interested in medicine and had read a book, which __23__ the idea of how body chemistry and health can be __24__ by emotional stress and negative attitudes. The book made Cousins __25__ the possible benefit of positive attitudes and emotions. He thought, “Is it possible that love, hope, faith, laughter, confidence, and the will to 1ive have positive treatment value?”
He decided to __26__ positive emotions as a way to treat some of the symptoms of his disease. In addition to his traditional medical treatment, he tried to put himself in situations that would __27__ positive emotions. “Laugh therapy” became part of his treatment. He __28__ time each day for watching comedy films, reading humorous books, and doing other activities that would draw out positive emotions. Within eight days of starting his ‘‘laugh therapy” program his pain began to __29__ and he was able to sleep more easily. He was able to return to work in a few months’ time and actually __30__ complete recovery after a few years.
21. A. run B. pass C. move D. travel
22. A. devoted B. determined C. planned D. forced
23. A. discussed B. explained C. presented D. demonstrated
24. A. killed B. ruined C. damaged D. influenced
25. A. remind of B. learn from C. refer to D. think about
26. A. concentrate on B. pick up C. absorb in D. care about
27. A. make up B. set about C. put up D. bring about
28. A. arranged B. appointed C. offered D. afforded
29. A. escape B. decrease C. recover D. end
30. A. received B. sought C. reached D. recognized
第二步: 分析句子结构, 结合常识判断空格/横线前后的词与词之间、短语与短语之间、句子与句子之间、段落与段落之间逻辑关系（并列、选择、转折、递进、让步、因果、解释、假设、条件、时间先后顺序等等）。 (要求：重新温习“衔接词”复习资料)。
01. It has been many years since I was last in London, _______ I still remember something that happened during that visit.
A. and B. for C. but D. as
02. A transistor radio is sometimes very small. It is very easy to carry…_______, radio broadcasts are better for blind people.
A. Besides B. However C. Yet D. Sometimes
03. At first nothing happened _______ suddenly a large rat rushed out of the house,…
A. Then B. And C. Or D. So
04. Waste things can, _______ should, be treated properly.
A. but B. yet C. still D. and
05. Should the wallet, found in the street, be put into a pocket _______ turned over to the policeman?
A. and B. or C. then D. but
06. She rubs her teeth with her finger _______ she wants to brush her teeth. This is done after every meal.
A. when B. until C. since D. while
07. … you leave it at peace just as you found it. _______, animal will be disturbed.
A. However B. Otherwise C. Therefore D. Then
08. _______ solids expand much less than liquids or gases, the continuous increases can add up to a lot, …
A. Although B. If C. Because D. After
09. _______ there is a snowstorm or some other bad weather, the mail always comes on time.
A. Because B. Unless C. As D. So
10. As we all know, we are what we eat. ________, it’s very important for us to form healthy eating habits. _________, bad eating habits are still very common among us students. _______ the fact that bad eating habits will do harm to our health, we students never take it seriously.
A. Nevertheless B. Therefore C. Though D. Thus
A. Otherwise B. Despite C. However D. Afterwards
A. Now that B. Even though C. On condition that D. Regardless of
How can we explain the popularity of neckties? For years, fashion historians have predicted that men would stop wearing ties __21__ they seemed to have little or no function. __22 , there is no sign that ties will go out of the clothing market. __23__ world and business leaders continue to wear ties, the young businessmen will follow them and ties will remain popular. 24 , neckties do have a different kind of appeal. Neckties cover the buttons of the shirt and emphasize the length of a man’s body. __25_, they add color and adornment (装饰) to men’s clothing, which is often plain and serious.
Today, there are tens of thousands of designs of ties available. __26 , there are ties that tell you about a man’s hobbies: pictures of tennis rackets, motorcycles, airplanes, fishing rods, or musical instruments, to name a few. There are _ 27 _ ties for different occupations __28 accountants, firefighters, and police officers. And funny ties are becoming ever more popular. You can get ties covered with colorful frogs and bottles of beer. _ 29 _ you enjoy rock music, you can even find a tie in the shape of a guitar!
__30 , funny or formal, wide or narrow, it’s certain that ties are going to be around for a long time.
21. A. unless B. when C. since D. because
22. A. Otherwise B. Therefore C. Instead D. However
23. A. As far as B. As soon as C. As long as D. As well as
24. A. After all B. As a result C. In fact D. What’s more
25. A. Besides B. Altogether C. In other word D. On the contrary
26. A. As usual B. For example C. Or rather D. In particular
27. A. ever B. even C. indeed D. still
28. A. such as B. just like C. for instance D. as follows
29. A. If B. Because C. Unless D. Though
30. A. In all B. In general C. In the end D. In a word
As she waited at the edge of the ice for her music to start. Peggy took a quick look at her father standing nearby with a group of parents and teachers. He smiled at her. Then she __21__ out at the audience, hoping to see her mother. These two, Alvert and Doris Flemint, had driven all the way from California more than 2,000 miles away, to see their __22__ compete in this sports meet in Cleveland, Ohio.
The music __23__ and Peggy moved onto the ice, letting the music carry her along into her turns, and she began skating with much __24 _ in herself. The cold fear she always had in the last seconds before skating onto the ice was __25__. She was feeling the movement of the __26__ and letting it carry her. She skated easily, then did some jumps, a final turn and her performance was finished.
The crowd loved it and cheered as she skated off the ice. “Nice job,” said one of the other __27__. It was the remark that always came after a free-skating performance. But what should the __28__ say? Standing beside her father, Peggy waited for the scoring to be finished. On all sides were other young skaters, some waiting __29__ alone, others with a parent. Shortly before 10 o’clock the results were __30__. The new United States Women’s Figure Skating Champion was Peggy Fleming of Passdena, California.
21. A. looked
22. A. friend
23. A. started
24. A. thought
25. A. lost
26. A. music
27. A. skaters
28. A. players
29. A. comfortably
30. A. cried out B. watched
B. let out C. found
C. announced D. stepped
时间顺序 (指先后顺序)、空间顺序 (从局部到整体/ 从上到下/ 从内到外)、逻辑顺序(前因后果/ 先果后因/ 先主后次)、认识顺序(由此及彼/ 由浅入深/ 由具体到抽象/ 由现象到本质)。
We know the kiss as a form of expressing affection(情感). But long before it became it, it was customary in many countries to use it as an expression of __21___. Some native Africans kiss the ground over which a chief(首领) has walked. Kissing the hand and foot has been a mark of respect from the earliest times.
The early Romans kissed the mouth or eyes __22__ a form of dignified(高贵的) greeting. One Roman emperor allowed his important nobles to kiss his lips, but the less important ones had to kiss his hands, and the least important ones were __23__ allowed to kiss his feet!
Most likely the kiss as a form of affection can be traced back to primitive(原始的) times when a mother would fondle(爱抚) her child, just as a mother does today. It only remained for society to __24__ this as a custom for expressing affection between arms.
We have evidence that this was already the __25__ by the time of the sixth century, but we can only suppose it was __26 _ long before that. The first society where the kiss became accepted in courtship(求婚) was in France. From France the kiss spread rapidly all over Europe. Russia, which loved to __27__ the customs of France, soon adopted it. A kiss from the Tsar(沙皇) became one of the highest forms of __28__ from the Crown.
In time, the kiss became a part of courtship. As marriage customs developed, the kiss became a part of the __29__ ceremony. Today we regard it as an expression of love and tenderness. But there are still many places in the world where the kiss is part of __30__ ceremonies and is intended to show respect.
21. A. love
22. A. of
23. A. just
24. A. express
25. A. case
26. A. expressed
27. A. allow
28. A. admiration
29. A. meeting
30. A. casual B. respect
B. free C. marriage
C. special D. greeting
One of the most remarkable things about the human mind is our ability to imagine the future. In our __21__ we can see what has not yet happened. For example, while we are looking forward to visiting a new place or country, we __22__ what it will be like. We predict the way people will eat, dress and act. Of course, we do not always predict things __23__. Things are often very different from the way we expected them to be.
One of the famous dreams in history is the dream of the German scientist, Kekule, who had been managing to work out a very difficult problem in physics. He had __24__ and analyzed the problem from every angle (角度) for days, but there __25__ to be no way of finding out the answer. Then one night he went to bed and dreamed. When he __26__ up, he realized that he knew the answer. He had solved the problem in his dream.
The hypnotist (催眠者) sat in the chair opposite him and spoke __27__: I want you to concentrate on my voice. Think about nothing. You know nothing but my voice. And as you pay attention to my voice, your __28__ will get heavier. Soon you’ll be asleep.
You will hear my voice and __29__ my words, but your body will be asleep, your eyes are too heavy. You are almost asleep, and when you wake up you will remember nothing. Now I am going to __30__ slowly from one to five. One, two, three, four, five.
21. A. brains
22. A. imagine
23. A. quickly
24. A. studied
25. A. used
26. A. gave
27. A. softly
28. A. eyes
29. A. believe
30. A. count B. senses
B. say C. minds
C. add D. sights
I consider myself something of an expert on apologies. A quick temper has provided me with plenty of opportunities to make them. In one of my earliest _ 21__, my mother is telling me, “Don’t watch the _ 22__ when you say, ‘I’m sorry’. Hold your head up and look the person in the _ 23__, so he’ll know you mean it.”
My mother thus made the key point of a successful apology: it must be direct. You must never _ 24__ to be doing something else. You do not look through a pile of letters while apologizing to a person _ 25__ in position after blaming him or her for a mistake that turned out to be your fault. You do not apologize to a hostess, whose guest of honor you treat _ 26__, by sending flowers the next day without mentioning your bad manners.
One of the important things you should do for an effective apology is readiness to _ 27__ the responsibility for our careless mistakes. We are used to making excuses, which leaves no _ 28__ for the other person to forgive us. Since most people are open-hearted, the no-excuse apology leaves both parties feeling _ 29__ about themselves. That, after all, is the purpose of every apology. It _ 30__ little whether the apologizer is wholly or only partly at fault: answering for one’s actions encourages others to take their share of the blame.
21. A. dreams
22. A. side
23. A. mind
24. A. pretend
25. A. poorer
26. A. cruelly
27. A. raise
28. A. situation
29. A. wiser
30. A. cares B. courses
B. matters C. memories
C. depends D. ideas
Kate said “Hello” to Mr. Patel as she entered. She picked up a wire basket and walked towards the back of the store where the rice was kept. The room was quite large and divided by three long aisles(过道), with rows of shelves full of _21_. Besides her and Patel there were only two boys in the store. They were both wearing _22__ overcoats. They looked rather __23__ because the overcoats were too big for them. “__24__”, she heard one of them whisper to the other. She walked on to the next aisle and found the __25__ she was looking for. Then she heard something else. It sounded like a box _26___ on the floor. She looked through the small open space and saw one of the boys picking up a box. But _27___ putting it in the basket, he dropped it into the inside pocket of his overcoat. Kate looked back and saw Mr. Patel at the door checking through a list. Then she looked through the space again. The boys were still putting something else into their inside pockets …“Let’s get out of here.” one of them said and they moved away from her.
When she got to the door, the two boys were __28___ her. She watched them paying for the few things in their basket. They had both __29__ their overcoats. Mr. Patel did not seem to know what they had done. He even _30___ at them as they were about to leave. Now Kate decided to stop them.
21. A. books
22. A. dirty
23. A. strange
24. A. Look up
25. A. book
26. A. throwing
27. A. instead of
28. A. looking at
29. A. thrown out
30. A. shouted B. baskets
B. Listen to me
B. rather than
B. talking to
B. put on
B. smiled C. goods
C. Watch out
C. as though
C. in front of
C. looked D. magazines
D. Put it down
D. in spite of
James sat outside the office waiting for the interview. He felt so _21 _ that he didn’t know what to do with himself. The person who had gone in _22__ him had been in there for nearly an hour. And she looked so confident when she went in, not like James. He felt _23__ that she had already got the job. The problem was that he wanted this job so much. It meant everything to him. He had _24__ it such a lot before the day of the interview. He had imagined himself _25__ brilliantly (出色地) at the interview and being offered the job immediately. But now here he was feeling _26__. He couldn’t remember all those things he had planned to say. At that moment, he almost decided to get up and leave. But no---he had to do this. He had spent so much time considering it that he couldn’t _27__ like that. His hands were hot and sticky and his mouth felt dry. At last the door of the office opened. The woman who had gone in an hour earlier came out looking very __28__ with herself. She smiled sympathetically (同情地) at James. At the moment, James _29__ her. The managing direc