1. Libraries made education possible, and education in its turn added to libraries; the growth of knowledge followed a kind of compound-interest law, which was greatly enhanced by the invention of printing.
要点：从内容上分析，which修饰 “the growth of knowledge”
2. If they can each be trusted to take such responsibilities, and to exercise such initiative as falls within their sphere, then administrative overhead will be low.
3. There are probably no question we can think up that can’t be answered, sooner or later, including even that matter of consciousness.
4. The curtain was rung down in that phase of history, at least, by the sudden invention of the hydrogen bomb, of the ballistic missile and of rockets that can be aimed to hit the moon.
5. Studies of the Weddell seal in the laboratory have described the physiological mechanisms that allow the seals to cope with the extreme oxygen deprivation that occurs during its longest dives, which can extend 500 meters below the ocean’s surface and last for over 70 minutes. (三个定语从句)
6. The renaissance of the feminist movement began during the 1950’s led to the Stasist school, which sidestepped the good bad dichotomy and argued that frontier women lived lives similar t the lives of women in the East.
7. Tom, the book’s protagonist, took issue with a man who doted on his household pet yet, as a slave merchant, thought “nothing of separating the husband from the wife, the parents from the children”.
8. We are not conscious of the extent to which work provide the psychological satisfaction that can make the difference between a full and an empty life.
9. Thus, the unity that should characterize the strong system is developed by affording opportunity for diversity, which appears to be essential if education is to develop in consideration of the needs of children and youth.
10. Automobiles have been designed which operate on liquid hydrogen, but these system give rise to seemingly unavoidable problems arising from the handling of a cryogenic liquid.
11. Behaviorists suggest that the child who is raised in an environment where there are many stimuli which develop his or her capacity for appropriate responses will experience greater intellectual development.
12. While there are almost as many definitions of history as there are historians, modern practice most closely conforms to one that sees history as the attempt to recreate and explain the significant events of the past.
13. While this boundary does not mark the outer limit of a State’s territory, since in international law the territorial sea forms part of a State’s territory, it does represent the demarcation(分界，定界，界限)between that maritime area(internal waters) where other States enjoy no general rights, and those maritime areas (the territorial sea and other zones) where other States do enjoy certain general rights.
14. He finds that students who were easy to teach because they succeeded in putting everything they had been taught into practice, hesitate when confronted with the vast untouched area of English vocabulary and usage which falls outside the scope of basic textbooks.
15. The reader who peruses (细读（正式）) with some attention the following pages will have occasion to see that both operational and mental aspects of physics have their place, but that neither should be stressed to the exclusion of the other.
16. The public is unhappy about the way society is going, and its view, fueled in part by the agendists and the media, seems to be that judicial (司法的)decisions unacceptable to them, regardless of the evidence or the law, will slow or change social directions.
17. But I would like to do the same with the acclaim too, by using this moment as a pinnacle from which I might be listened to by the young men and women already dedicated to the same anguish(痛苦) and travail(辛苦), among whom is already that one who will some day stand here where I am standing.
|客服QQ群：19012993 联系客服 信箱：email@example.com 招聘人才 英语交流QQ群 捐助贫困儿童|
|Copyright © 2010-2017 大耳朵英语 京ICP备10010568号 | 京公网安备 11010802020324号 |