一、单项填空 (共15小题; 每小题1分, 满分15分)
1. — Excuse me, could you tell me how far it is from here to the railway station?
— OK._________. You can take a No. 2 bus there.
A. No problem B. It's in the north of our town
C. Go right ahead D. It's about 5,000 meters
2. The girl has _________ great gift for painting, and she has won _________ number of national prizes in different contests.
A. a; a B. a; the C. the; a D. the; the
3. Although I was prepared for the worst, I couldn't help bursting into tears when the news was _________.
A. admitted B. permitted C. impressed D. confirmed
4. As soon as Mo Yan got out of the car, he found himself _________ by those crazy readers.
A. surrounding B. having surrounded
C. surrounded D. to be surrounded
5. The question _________ we can raise enough money for the project in a month is being discussed.
A. that B. what C. which D. whether
6. The girl in the front row listened to the lecture attentively and _________ what Professor Zhang said.
A. settled down B. broke down C. went down D. set down
7. — What do you think of the film we saw last night?
— It _________ be better. I'd like to see it again.
A. couldn't B. mustn't C. needn't D. shouldn't
8. I heard the exciting news _________ my sister was admitted into Harvard University.
A. what B. which C. that D. when
9. It is difficult for teenagers to follow their parents' advice _________ they have got into trouble.
A. if B. unless C. once D. when
10. The reason the Greens are happy to live in the old house is that there is a primary school and a junior middle school _________ their reach.
A. within B. beyond C. without D. upon
11. His father didn't agree with him about his decision at first, but he _________ to persuade him to change his mind.
A. failed B. promised C. succeeded D. managed
12. When I caught sight the photo in the newspaper, I was greatly impressed _________ the girl's big pair of eyes.
A. of; for B. of; by C. for; for D. for; by
13. There is a _________ in my hometown that when a baby was born, people would plant a fruit tree.
A. balance B. concern C. tradition D. habit
14. I know much about Li Yang. I _________ with him many times on the Internet.
A. have chatted B. am chatting C. chat D. had chatted
15. Bill decided to complete his journey around the world _________ give up, although he was injured in an accident.
A. rather than B. other than C. more than D. better than
二、完形填空 (共20小题; 每小题1.5 分, 满分30分)
Annie, my neighbor's daughter, was away for her first term at college this year. She is a very sweet girl but just a bit ____16_____. When her birthday month came around, I found out she was feeling a bit blue and ____17_____.
Her family is quite ____18_____ and finances are tight (紧张的), so there wouldn't be any birthday visitors.
I wanted to send her a card and maybe a small gift to ____19_____ her up. I got her school address from her mom and planned to ____20_____ send her something. Then I got a(n) ____21_____! I thought perhaps I could give her a big ____22_____. I bought some balloons, birthday hats and other small novelties (新奇玩意) at a one-dollar ____23_____. I took a small ____24_____ and asked three other people in my area to sing Happy Birthday and send some birthday ____25_____ to her. Other people ____26_____ what we were doing and added their voices,____27_____ it really sounded like we had a party 28 !
Then I bought her a small present and a card as ____29_____ originally. The real fun was ____30_____ it to be sent. I arranged everything specially so it was like opening a birthday present!
At the last minute, I added a pack of small cakes and a box of birthday ____31_____ before sending it off.
I got a call a few days later. Annie said her roommate and one of her neighbors in her school got together with her and held the party for her once it arrived. She sounded so ____32_____ and I was so glad that she had some friends to ____33_____ her special day with her.
It was such an easy and fun thing to do. The people who helped me make the tape still laughed and talked about the ____34_____ experience. And Annie told me it was the most fun birthday she can ____35_____!
16. A. shy B. active C. stupid D. careless
17. A. excited B. shocked C. lonely D. proud
18. A. small B. big C. rich D. poor
19. A. bring B. cheer C. dress D. call
20. A. gradually B. regularly C. simply D. usually
21. A. idea B. word C. notice D. message
22. A. decision B. surprise C. question D. expectation
23. A. school B. office C. building D. store
24. A. toy B. bag C. computer D. recorder
25. A. wishes B. presents C. beliefs D. cakes
26. A. thought over B. got through C. found out D. insisted on
27. A. but B. so C. while D. until
28. A. going on B. getting off C. passing by D. rolling over
29. A. imagined B. requested C. planned D. designed
30. A. allowing B. packing C. lighting D. painting
31. A. candles B. suits C. postcards D. envelopes
32. A. confident B. sad C. happy D. surprised
33. A. forget B. share C. continue D. change
34. A. strange B. terrible C. familiar D. wonderful
35. A. recognize B. confirm C. understand D. remember
|客服QQ群：19012993 联系客服 信箱：email@example.com 招聘人才 英语交流QQ群 捐助贫困儿童|
|Copyright © 2010-2017 大耳朵英语 京ICP备10010568号 | 京公网安备 11010802020324号 |