一、单项填空 (共15小题; 每小题1分, 满分15分)
1. — Shall I call a taxi?
—_________ It’s so far.
A. Never mind. B. Why not? C. Take care. D. Will you?
2. — Could I speak to whoever is in charge of the store, please?
— May I ask who _________?
A. calls B. called C. is calling D. was calling
3. — Have those measures prevented house prices _________?
— It’s hard to say now. After all, they’ve been carried out for only three months.
A. to rise B. rising C. rose D. to rising
4. The children watched,_________ as the three robots were dancing to fast music on the stage.
A. amazing B. to be amazed C. amazed D. having amazed
5. _________ excited the Smiths most was that Obama was elected President of the USA once again.
A. What B. That C. How D. Whether
6. Grandma’s hen _________ a strange egg yesterday, which attracted a lot of villagers.
A. lied B. laid C. lay D. lain
7. These chemicals are supposed to be harmful _________ animals and people.
A. to B. with C. on D. for
8. Parents should try to create a friendly _________ in their family, which helps their children develop self-confidence at an early age.
A. situation B. position C. atmosphere D. chance
9. At the beginning of the party, Jessica suggested singing a sweet song together to _________ Maria.
A. turn up B. cheer up C. set up D. pick up
10. In the late 1960s, it was not immediately obvious _________ the computer played an important part in people’s life and work.
A. how B. which C. that D. what
11. After school, David ran back home all the way just _________ to watch the football match.
A. in return B. in time C. in need D. in turn
12. — Hearing what I had said, Mr. Liu gave me a _________ expression.
— Really? Your explanation must have been very _________.
A. puzzled; puzzling B. puzzling; puzzled
C. puzzled; puzzled D. puzzling; puzzling
13. _________ you have decided to settle down in this beautiful town, why don’t you ask your family to move here?
A. As if B. Ever since C. Now that D. Even if
14. The peace talk between the two countries failed, and some people feared that a war would _________ soon.
A. put out B. put up C. break out D. break up
15. Now the number of students in our school is _________ that of five years ago.
A. as twice larger as B. twice as larger as
C. as twice large as D. twice as large as
二、完形填空(共20小题; 每小题1.5 分, 满分30分)
A doctor entered the hospital in a hurry after being called in for an operation. He changed his clothes and went ____16_____ to the surgery (手术) block. He found the boy’s father going and coming in the hall ____17_____ the doctor. Once seeing him, the father 18 , “Why did you take all this time to come? Don’t you know that my son’s life is ____19_____? Don’t you remember your ____20_____?”
The doctor _____21____ and said, “I’m sorry. I wasn’t in the _____22____ and I came quickly after receiving the call. And now, I wish you’d calm down so that I can ____23_____ my best.”
“Calm down? What if your son was in this room now? If your son dies now, what will you do?” said the father ____24____.
The doctor smiled again and replied, “Go and pray for your son. We will do our ____25_____.”
“Giving advice when you’re not ____26_____ is so easy,” responded the father.
The surgery took some hours after which the doctor went out ____27_____, “Thank goodness! Your son is ____28_____!” And without waiting for the father’s reply, he ran away quickly. “If you have any questions, ask the ____29_____!”
“Why is he so ____30_____? Couldn’t he wait some minutes so that I can ask about my son’s ____31_____?” complained the father when seeing the nurse minutes after the doctor ____32_____.
The nurse answered, tears coming down her face, “His son died yesterday in a road accident. He was in the burial (葬礼) when we called him for your son’s surgery. And 33 he saved your son’s life, he left running to ____34_____ his son’s burial.”
The boy’s father was very ashamed. He thought we should never ____35_____ anyone simply because we never know how their life is and what is happening or what they’re going through.
16. A. slowly B. clearly C. directly D. carelessly
17. A. waiting for B. asking for C. caring for D. begging for
18. A. suggested B. shouted C. doubted D. explained
19. A. in need B. in charge C. in relief D. in danger
20. A. chance B. promise C. dream D. duty
21. A. smiled B. laughed C. joked D. noted
22. A. school B. home C. hospital D. store
23. A. do B. gain C. develop D. draw
24. A. gradually B. angrily C. patiently D. simply
25. A. choice B. work C. problem D. excuse
26. A. satisfied B. moved C. concerned D. surprised
27. A. suddenly B. pitifully C. helplessly D. happily
28. A. lost B. saved C. accepted D. protected
29. A. nurse B. patient C. teacher D. official
30. A. terrible B. friendly C. silent D. determined
31. A. suffering B. movement C. position D. situation
32. A. came B. left C. visited D. prepared
33. A. what if B. not until C. now that D. even if
34. A. begin B. stop C. finish D. make
35. A. harm B. help C. warn D. judge
|客服QQ群：19012993 联系客服 信箱：firstname.lastname@example.org 招聘人才 英语交流QQ群 捐助贫困儿童|
|Copyright © 2010-2017 大耳朵英语 京ICP备10010568号 | 京公网安备 11010802020324号 |