21.----Could I use this dictionary ?
----_____.It’s a spare one .
A. Good idea B. Just go ahead C. You’re welcome D. You’d better not
22. They chose Tom to be ___captain of the team because they knew he was __smart leader.
A. a; the B. the; the C. the; a D. a; a
23 Thanks for your directions to the house ; we wouldn’t have found it ___.
A. nowhere B. however C. otherwise D. instead
24.----Tony , why are your eyes red ?
---I __ up peppers for the last five minutes .
A. cut B. was cutting C. had cut D. have been cutting
25. Starting your own business could be a way to achieving financial independence .___, it could just put you in debt.
A. In other words B. All in all C. As a result D. On the other hand
26. When it comes to __ in public , no one can match him .
A. speak B. speaking C. being spoken D. be spoken
27. Anyway , we’re here now ,so let’s ___some serious work.
A. come up with B. get down to C. do away with D. live up to
28. Among the many dangers_-- sailors have to face , probably the greatest of all is fog .
A. which B. what C. where D. when
29. I don’t believe what you said , but if you can prove it , you may be able to __-me .
A. convince B. inform C. guarantee D. refuse
30. Life is unpredictable ; even the poorest __become the richest .
A. shall B. must C. need D. might
31. ___nearly all our money , we couldn’t afford to stay at a hotel .
A. Having spent B. To spent C. Spent D. To have spent
32. ---When shall I call , in the morning or afternoon?
----___. I’ll be in all day .
A. Any B. None C. Neither D. Either
33. It is unbelievable that Mr. Lucas Leads a simple life __his great wealth .
A. without B. despite C. in D. to
34.He is thought ___foolishly .Now he has no one but himself to blame for losing the job .
A. to act B. to have acted C. acting D. having acted
35. It was the middle of the night __ my father woke me up and told me to watch the football game .
A. that B. as C. which D. when
“Mum, can I invite my classmate Brett over to stay tomorrow night, please? It’s Friday, and we don’t have any _36__.Can I, please?” Mum was sitting at the kitchen table. Dad was _37__next to her, resting his head on his arms. Mum could _38__that James wanted so badly to have his friend over.
“I’m so sorry, James,” she said.
“I’m never allowed to have friends come to the house? Why, Mum?” James asked sadly, almost in _39__.
“I know it’s _40__ for you,” Mum said softly. “But I’m just worried other people might think we’re a little… strange. And then they would make fun of you.”
“No, they wouldn’t, Mum,” James protested. “We’re not _41__ at all. We’re just ordinary people.”
Mum sighed heavily. “ To tell you the truth, James, my neck has been so painful that it’s given me a heavy _42__. And your poor father –he doesn’t feel _43__. He really needs a rest.”
“I can help, Mum!” James said. “_44__ I can make you and Dad feel better, can Brett come over? Please?”
“Great ! Thanks ,Mum!” James almost shouted. “ Just sit there, don’t move.” He rushed over to the kitchen drawer and _45__ what he needed –two spanners. “ Hang on, Mum,” he said. “ This won’t take a second.” After some _46__, James was finished. With a smile of _47__ on his face he said, “ There! How does that feel?” “ Oh, James,” Mum said. “ That’s a much better! How did you do it?”
“Easy,” James said _48__.” Dad had tightened your neck bolts (螺栓) too much! I just_49__ them slightly ! I learned that in robotic science at school.”
“What about you father? Can you ___ him?” asked Mum.
“I’ll try,” James replied. He __51_ up Dad’s hair at the back of his neck. and plugged the electric wire into Dad’s head. Then he turned the _52__on. Dad opened his eyes and _53__ immediately . “ He just let his _54__run too low, that’s all,” James said, “Shall I tell Brett to come over straight after school tomorrow?”
“I guess so,” replied Mum. “ Your friends will just have to _55__ that we are a very unusual family. Thanks, son !”
36. A. chance B. message C. homework D. difficulty
37. A. a sleep B. reading C. alone D. standing
38. A. explain B. see C. agree D. doubt
39. A. terror B. tears C. surprise D. silence
40. A. fair B. easy C. good D. hard
41. A. strange B. normal C. popular D. anxious
42. A. headache B. loss C. task D. day
43. A. ill B. funny C. sorry D. well
44. A. As B. If C. Since D. Before
45. A. kept B. controlled C. found D. returned
46. A. requests B. thoughts C. repairs D. instructions
47. A. sympathy B. satisfaction C bitterness D. politeness
48. A. embarrassedly B. gratefully C. impatiently D. proudly
49. A. adjusted B. collected C. produced D. covered
50. A. greet B. accompany C. help D. ask
51. A. lifted B. caught C. gave D. filled
52. A. television B. power C. light D. gas
53. A. grew up B. lay down C. broke down D. sat up
54. A. food B. temperature C. battery D. blood
55. A. prove B. expect C. suspect D. accept
|客服QQ群：19012993 联系客服 信箱：email@example.com 招聘人才 英语交流QQ群 捐助贫困儿童|
|Copyright © 2010-2017 大耳朵英语 京ICP备10010568号 | 京公网安备 11010802020324号 |