Jump for the sun, at least you land on the moon. 目标定的高一点有好处。
我喜欢这里： I like here. Right: I like it here.
I can succeed. Right: I can do it. I can make it.
注意生活中的英语： Nike胜利女神。 Just do it.
生活中的英语： Did you have a pleasant journey? (这时要用降调)
I am very much frightened because a girl named Monika stands beside me. Oh, thank god! He’s not the president now. (我很害怕)
I was just screwed up. (我一团糟)
54. The rain was heavy and _A_ the land was flooded.
A consequently B continuously C constantly D consistently
continue v. 继续，连续； continually adv. 时断时续地； continuously adv. 连续不断地。
consequently adv. 因此，所以；(heavy rain大雨, light rain小雨)
constantly adv. 始终如一地，连续发生地；constant temperature 恒温
consistently adv. 一贯地，一致地； consistent adj. consistent policy 一贯的政策。
36. I hate people who _C_ the end of a film that you haven't seen before.
A revise B rewrite C reveal D reverse
rewrite v. 重写，改写； revise vt. 修改，修正； reveal vt. 揭示，揭露；
reverse vt. 颠倒，使反转，使反向。(vers是词根，表示转动；re是前缀，表示向相反方向)
42. There were no tickets _D_ for Friday’s performance.
A preferable B considerable C possible D available
performance n. 表演，演出，演奏； perform vt. possible adj. 可能的
动词后加able构成形容词通常表示“可…的” read -> readable accept -> acceptable
consider vt. 考虑； considerable adj. (数量或尺寸)相当大(或多)的。
preferable adj. 更好的，更可取的；
available* adj. 可获得的，可利用的，可支配的。(重点词)
33. In general, the amount that a student spends for housing should be held to one-fifth of the total _D_ for living expenses.
A acceptable B applicable C advisable D available
living expenses 生活费； acceptable adj. 可接受的；
apply vt. 申请，应用； applicable adj. 可应用的，适当的，合适的；
advise vt. 建议； advice n. 建议； advisable adj. 明智的，可取的。
54. It is our _A_ policy that we will achieve unity through peaceful means.
A consistent B continuous C considerate D continual
achieve unity through peaceful means 通过和平手段取得统一； consistent policy 一贯政策
31. Despite the wonderful acting and well-developed plot the _B_ movie could not hold our attention.
A three-hours B three-hour C three-hours’ D three-hour’s
267. Professor White wrote a _C_ report yesterday.
A two-thousand-words B two-thousands-word
C two-thousand-word D two-thousands-words
以ly结尾的不全是副词； friendly, lonely, lovely, likely, lively adj.
56. _B_ his sister, Jack is quiet and does not easily make friends with others.
A Dislike B Unlike C Alike D Liking
like vt. 喜欢； dislike vt. 不喜欢，厌恶； unlike prep. 不象…；
alike adj. & adv. 同样的(地)，相象的(地)； liking n. 爱好，嗜好；
take a liking for喜欢…，对…产生好感。
44. There were some _A_ flowers on the table.
A artificial B unnatural C false D unreal
unreal adj. 不真实的(不是真实世界所拥有的，虚幻的)； Ends justify means 不择手段；
false adj. 具有欺骗性的，假的，伪造的； false coin/passport/hair，a false tooth/false teeth
unnatural adj. 不自然的，经常用来修饰人的行为举止，表示做作的，矫揉造作的。
artificial adj. 人造人为的 artificial leg 假肢artificial leather 人造皮 genuine leather 真皮
54. When people become unemployed, it is _C_ which is often worse than lack of wages.
A laziness B poverty C idleness D inability
laziness n. 懒惰； poverty n. 贫穷； poor adj. 贫穷的；
idleness n. 无事可做(中性，有时也有贬义含义)； inability n. 没有能力，没有办法。
69. A lot of ants are always invading my kitchen. They are a thorough _A_.
A nuisance B trouble C worry D anxiety
invade 进攻，侵略； nuisance n. (具体的)令人讨厌的东西； trouble n. 烦恼，麻烦，问题；
worry n. 担心，发愁； anxiety n. 焦虑。 What a nuisance. 真是烦。
extent n. 程度； to... extent 到达…程度，在…程度之上； extent 只能和to搭配。
object vi. 反对； object + to + 动名词（动词的ing形式）。
objection n. 反对； objection + to + 动名词（动词的ing形式）。
65. In Britain, the best season of the year is probably _A_ spring.
A late B last C latter D later
late adj. 晚的，晚于通常时间的； late spring 晚春、暮春； last adj. 最后的，最终的；
later adj. 更晚的（late的比较级）、时间概念后一半的；只适用于表示某个世纪的后半期；
The later twentieth century. 二十世纪的后一半。
latter adj. （两者中）后者的； former adj. （两者中）前者的；
59. Some people would like to do shopping on Sundays since they expect to pick up wonderful _B_ in the market.
A batteries B bargains C baskets D barrels
battery n. 电池； bargain n. 特价商品； It’s really a bargain. 你真会买东西，不是说真便宜。
basket n. 篮子； barrel n. 桶； wonderful bargain 物美价廉的商品；bargain v. 讨价还价；
53. Remember that customers don’t _D_ about prices in that city.
A debate B consult C dispute D bargain
41. The bridge was named _A_ the hero who gave his life for the cause of the people.
A after B with C by D from
cause 事业； be named after 以…的名字命名；
42. There were no tickets _D_ for Friday’s performance.
A preferable B considerable C possible D available
preferable adj. 更好的，更可取的；
358. _C_ the Revolutionary War, the United States was an English colony.
A Inferior to B Superior to C Prior to D Preferable to
具有比较意味的形容词只要与介词to搭配即可表示其比较级。 super- 表示在…上方，超过…
inferior adj. 低于…的，劣于…的； superior adj. 高于…的，优于…的； prior adj. 在…之前的
Revolutionary War 特指美国独立战争；second adj. 第二的（含有比较意味，也与to搭配）
He is second to none. 首屈一指，无与伦比；
30. Cancer is second only _B_ heart disease as a cause of death.
A of B to C with D from
43. It wasn't such a good dinner _C_ she had promised us.
A that B which C as D what
such … that … 如此… 以至于… ； sb + be + ___ + sth 空格处应为能加双宾语的动词；
加双宾语的动词的用法：动词 + sb + sth（主动形式）； sb + be + pp + sth（被动形式）；
59. American women were _D_ the right to vote until 1920 after many years of hard struggle. [the right to vote 选举权]
A ignored B neglected C refused D denied
deny v. 否认，拒绝；deny sb sth 拒绝给予某人某物；
44. They decided to chase the cow away _C_ it did more damage.
A unless B until C before D although
45. _B_ student with a little common sense should be able to answer the question.
A Each B Any C Either D One
common sense 常识； each 这个词在英语中强调的是个体与众不同的特点；
any 这个词强调的是很多东西在一起的共性； either 两者之间任何一个；
31. The medicine is on sale everywhere. You can get it at _C_ chemist’s.
A each B some C any D certain
46. All _D_ is a continuous supply of the basic necessities of life.
A what is needed B for our needs C the thing needed D that is needed
当all作定语从句的先行词时，从句只能用that来引导； all that = what
47. _A_ with the size of the whole earth, the highest mountain does not seem high at all.
A When compared B Compare C While comparing D Comparing
本题的关键是弄清compare与mountain的关系； when 可以直接加过去分词；
before(after) + being + 过去分词；
44. After _A_ for the job, you will be required to take a language test.
A being interviewed B interviewed C interviewing D having interviewed
They lose their health to make money, and they lose their money to restore health.
48. _C_ she first heard of the man referred to as a specialist. [专家]
A That was from Stephen B It was Stephen whom
C It was from Stephen that D It was Stephen that
49. If these shoes are too big, ask the clerk to bring you a smaller _D_.
A suit B set C one D pair
50. Many new _A_ will be opened up in the future for those with a university education.
A opportunities B necessities C realities D probabilities
51. He must have had an accident, or he _A_ then.
A would have been here B had to be here C should be here D would be here
must have + 过去分词 表示对过去行为的肯定推测；
与过去事态相反用：情态动词 + have + 过去分词 来体现虚拟语气；
must 一定，必须； needn't, don't have to 不必；
53. You _A_ all those calculations! We have a computer to do that sort of thing.
A needn’t have done B must not have done
C shouldn’t have done D can not have done
should have + 过去分词 本应该，本应当； shouldn't have done本不应该，本不应当；
44. It was very kind of you to do the washing-up, but you _D_ it.
A mustn’t have done B wouldn’t have done
C mightn’t have done D didn’t have to do
52. It was essential that the applications forms _C_ back before the deadline.
A must be sent B would be sent C be sent D were sent
It be essential that 后面一定用虚拟语气，且句子谓语动词固定为(should) + 动词原型；
It was essential that the applications forms send back before the deadline.
53. We _D_ our breakfast when an old man came to the door.
A just have had B have just had C just had D had just had
when 还可以表示①刚..就… （有动作先后关系）、②恰在此时；
44. I had just started back for the house to change my clothes _D_ I heard voices.
A as B while C after D when
45. I felt somewhat disappointed and was about to leave, _C_ something occurred which attracted my attention.
A unless B until C when D while
64. It was essential that these application forms _D_ back as early as possible.
A must be sent B will be sent C are sent D be sent
独立主格的结构1：名词（代词）+ 分词 [现在分词、过去分词]
54. Silver is the best conductor of electricity, copper _B_ it closely.
A followed B following C to follow D being followed
49. All things _A_, the planned trip will have to be called off.
A considered B be considered C considering D having considered
call off 取消； cancel vt. 取消； 四级中的考点就是现在分词和过去分词的区别。
独立主格的结构2：with + 名词（代词）+ 分词 [句子当中作状语]
36. After the Arab states won independence, great emphasis was laid on expanding education, with girls as well as boys _C_ to go to school.
A to be encouraged B been encouraged C being encouraged D be encouraged
as well as 和（相当于and）； be encouraged不会考。
动词不定式有预示将来行为的含义。to be encouraged 将要被鼓励；
been encouraged 已经被鼓励完了，与主句的谓语动词相对；being encouraged 正在被鼓励
43.No matter how frequently _A_, the works of Beethoven always attract large audiences.
A performed B performing C to be performed D being performed
perform vt. 表演，演出，演奏；
to be performed 将要被演奏； being performed 正在被演奏；
第一点：forget 忘记； [反义] remember 记得；
forget to do sth. 忘记要去做某事； forget doing sth. 忘记做过某事；
remember to do sth. 记得要去做某事； remember doing sth. 记得做过某事；
62. I remember _B_ to help us if we ever got into trouble.
A once offering B him once offering C him to offer D to offer him
offer vt. 提出，提供； offer sb. sth. / offer to do sth.
him once offering 如果改成 his once offering 也正确。
动作发出者 + 动名词；当动作发出者名字给出时：名词所有格 + 动名词；当动名词的复合结构在文章中出现，且动作发出者在前文中提过时：形容词物主代词（宾格）+ 动名词。
形容词物主代词：his, her, my, your, their, our。代词宾格：him, her, me, you, us, them。
第二点：want 想要； want to do sth. 想做某事； want doing 客观需要或缺乏。
48. Your hair wants _B_. You'd better have it done tomorrow.
A cut B cutting C to cut D being cut
注意：want doing 中doing表示的是被动含义。
18. This room is so dirty that it wants _A_.
A cleaning B to clean C being cleaned D cleaned
第三点：mean 意味； mean to do sth. 打算做某事，意欲… ；mean doing 意味着，…的意思是…
25. There's a man at the reception desk who seems very angry and I think he means _B_ trouble. [reception desk 接待台]
A making B to make C to have made D having made
55. The children went there to watch the iron tower _D_.
A to erect B be erected C erecting D being erected
watch 看电视用，看比赛用； see 看电影用；
感官动词watch, see, hear； 感官动词 + 名词（代词）+ do
be erected 强调的是动作的结果； being erected 强调的是动作的过程。
56. The engine _D_ smoke and steam.
A gives up B gives in C gives away D gives off
give up 放弃； give in 屈服，让步； give off 释放，放出（烟和气体）；
give away 泄露，走漏风声；婚礼中新郎的父亲把新娘的手交给新郎的过程；赠送礼品。
57. The manager promised to keep me _C_ of how our business was going on.
A to be informed B on informing C informed D informing
keep sb. + 分词； inform v. 通知，告知； inform sb. of sth. 通知某人某件事情
keep me informed 使我被告知。
60. The goals _B_ he had fought all his life no longer seemed important to him.
A after which B for which C with which D at which
fight with sb. （注意要看整个句子）； fight with + 工具 用该工具来打仗。 fight for 为…而战。
I fight with him. 我和他打起来了。 I fight with him against her. 我和他并肩对付她。
61. I should like to rent a house, modern, comfortable and _B_ in a quiet neighborhood.
A all in all B above all C after all D over all
all in all 总而言之；above all 首先，尤其是；after all 毕竟，终究；overall 全面的，总体的
in a word 总之，in short 简而言之，in conclusion 最后，总之，to sum up总之，总而言之。
62. _B_ we have finished the course, we shall start doing more revision work.
A For now B Now that C Ever since D By now
now that 既然，由于（相当于since）； ever since 自从…以来。
now that 既然，由于； in that 因为； except that 除…之外。
63. What you have done is _D_ the doctor’s orders.
A attached to B responsible to C resistant to D contrary to
be attached to 连接，附属； This school is attached to Beida. 这所学校附属于北大。
responsible to 对…负有责任； resistant adj. 反抗的，抵抗的； water resistant 防水的。
be contrary to 与..相反（相违背）。
64. John regretted _A_ to the meeting last week.
A not going B not to go C not having been going D not to be going
regret doing 后悔做过某事； regret to do sth. 遗憾的做某事（应用语境非常有限）。
63. We regret to inform you that the materials you ordered are _B_.
A out of work B out of stock C out of reach D out of practice
out of work 失业； out of reach 够不着 within reach 够得着； out of practice 缺乏练习。
65. They _C_ in spite of the extremely difficult conditions.
A carried out B carried off C carried on D carried forward
in spite of 尽管； carry on 坚持，继续。
66. Mrs. Brown is supposed _A_ for Italy last week.
A to have left B to be leaving C to leave D to have been left
be supposed to do sth. 应该（理应）做某事。
37. He’s watching TV? He’s _D_ to be cleaning his room.
A known B considered C regarded D supposed
regard as 把…认作
67. My camera can be _B_ to take pictures in cloudy or sunny conditions.
A treated B adjusted C adopted D remedied
treat 对待，处理； I’ll treat you. 我请客，应用于真正请客之前。It’s on me. 应用于结帐时。
adjust vt. 调整，调节； adopt vt. 收养，领养； remedy vt. 弥补，补救，修正；
68. A new technique _C_, the yields as a whole increased by 20 percent.
A working out B having worked out
C having been worked out D to have been worded out
yields 产量； work out 作出，推出
increase to 80 percent 增加到80% （增加到用to）
increase by 60 percent增加了60% （表示增加的幅度用by）
55. Between 1974 and 1997, the number of overseas visitors expanded _A_ 27%.
A by B for C to D in
69. Children who are over-protected by their parents may become _C_.
A hurt B damaged C spoiled D harmed
spoil vt. 宠坏，溺爱
70. When Mr. Jones gets old, he will _B_ over his business to his son.
A take B hand C think D get
take over 接管接收； hand over 移交，交出； think over 仔细考虑； get over 克服，战胜。
41. We had a party last month, and it was a lot of fun, so let’s have _A_ one this month.
A another B more C the other D other
不定代词：1 两者中的一个用one；另一个则用the other； 2 很多东西中的一个用one；
剩下的所有叫the others； 3 很多东西中的一个用one；剩下的所有里面再拿一个叫another；
在剩下的里面再拿一个还叫another（单数概念）； 4 很多东西中拿了若干出来用some；
剩下所有叫others； other 后通常要加可数名词的复数形式； more 要用在数词的后面
once more 再来一个（用于很不正式的场合） vravo 再来一个（用于正式场合）
44. No agreement was reached in the discussion as neither side would give way to _A_.
A the other B any other C another D other
42. It was difficult to guess what her _B_ to the news would be.
A impression B reaction C comment D opinion
reaction n. 反应； reaction to 对…作出反应。
43. I decided to go to the library as soon as I _D_.
A finish what I did B finished what I did
C would finish what I was doing D finished what I was doing
as soon as所引导的时间状语从句与主句的时态搭配有一种情况是主从句都用一般过去时。
45. We are interested in the weather because it _B_ us so directly what we wear, what we do, and even how we feel.
A benefits B affects C guides D effects
affect vt. 影响； effect n. 影响。
46. Will all those _D_ the proposal raise their hands?
A in relation to B in contrast to C in excess of D in favor of
in relation to 与…相比； in contrast to 与…形成对照；
in excess of 超过，超出（一定的限定范围）； in favor of 赞同，支持。
47. Children are very curious _D_.
A at heart B in person C on purpose D by nature
at heart 在心理，在内心； heart 强调的是内心的感情，mind 强调的是思维，头脑，soul 灵魂
in person 亲自，本人； on purpose 有意的，故意的； by nature 生性（天性）使然。
48. The match was cancelled because most of the members _A_ a match without a standard court.
A objected to having B were objected to have
C objected to have D were objected to having
58. The man in the corner confessed to _B_ a lie to the manager of the company.
A have told B having told C being told D be told
confess v. 忏悔； confess to 承认，坦白。
49. The teacher doesn’t permit _C_ in class.
A smoke B to smoke C smoking D to have a smoke
permit v. 允许，准许； permit sb. to do sth. 允许某人做某事； permit doing 允许做某事。
21. As we can no longer wait for the delivery of our order, we have to _D_ it.
A postpone B refuse C delay D cancel
22. These books, which you can get at any bookshop, will give you _A_ you need.
A all the information B all the informations
C all of information D all of the informations
23. Not until the game had begun _C_ at the sports ground.
A had he arrived B would he have arrived C did he arrive D should he have arrived
24. Young people are not _B_ to stand and look at works of art; they want art they can participate in. [参与，参加]
A conservative B content C confident D generous
conservative adj. 保守的； conservative party 保守党； content adj. 甘愿的，满足的；
confident adj. 自信的，有信心的； generous adj. 慷慨的，大方的。
25. Most broadcasters maintain that TV has been unfairly criticized and argue that the power of the medium is _C_.
A granted B implied C exaggerated D remedied
maintain 坚持认为； medium n. 媒体单数，media n. 媒体复数；
grant vt. 授予，给予； imply vt. 隐含，暗示； exaggerate v. 夸大，夸张，高估；
remedy vt. 弥补，补救，修正。
26. These surveys indicate that many crimes go _A_ by the police, mainly because not all victims report them. [victims 受害人]
A unrecorded B to be unrecorded C unrecording D to have been unrecorded
27. I have no objection _B_ your story again. [object to + 动名词]
A to hear B to hearing C to having heard D to have heard
28. The clothes a person wears may express his _B_ or social position.
A curiosity B status C determination D significance
status n. 身份，地位； significance n. 意义，重要性；
29. By law, when one makes a large purchase, he should have _D_ opportunity to change his mind.
A accurate B urgent C excessive D adequate
accurate adj. 精确的； urgent adj. 紧急的，紧迫的； excessive adj. 过多的，过度的；
adequate adj. 充足的，足够的。
30. You will see this product _B_ wherever you go.
A to be advertised B advertised C advertise D advertising
31. The early pioneers had to _C_ many hardships to settle on the new land.
A go along with B go back on C go through D go into
go through 经历
32. The suggestion that the major _B_ the prizes was accepted by everyone.
A would present B present C presents D ought to present
suggestion, suggest 所引导的句子都用虚拟语气。 should + （动词原形）
34. Peter, who had been driving all day, suggested _B_ at the next town.
A to stop B stopping C stop D having stopped
suggest + doing也可以
33. Beer is the most popular drink among male drinkers, _A_ overall consumption is significantly higher than that of women.
A whose B which C that D what
35. I didn't know the word. I had to _C_ a dictionary.
A look out B make out C refer to D go over
look up 查阅； look up a word in a dictionary 在字典中查单词；
reference n. 参考书目； reference room 资料室；
36. The professor could hardly find sufficient grounds _D_ his arguments in favour of the new theory. [sufficient 充足的，足够的；grounds 论据；arguments 论点]
A to be based on B to base on C which to base on D on which to base
base vt. 以…作基础，基于… which引导从句时，如果从句是介词结尾则介词应在which之前。
on which (he is) to base
37. There are signs _A_ restaurants are becoming more popular with families.
A that B which C in which D whose
sign n. 迹象； fact n. 事实； evidence n. 证据；后面常加同位语从句来说明具体内容。
38. I think I was at school, _A_ I was staying with a friend during the vacation when I heard the news. [or else 否则，要不然]
A or else B and then C or so D even so
39. It is said that the math teacher seems _A_ towards bright students.
A partial B beneficial C preferable D liable
partial adj. 偏袒的，偏爱的（经常与to或towards搭配）
40. In order to show his boss what a careful worker he was, he took _C_ trouble over the figures. [figures 数目，数据；extra 额外的，附加的]
A extensive B spare C extra D supreme
41. - "May I speak to your manager Mr. Williams at five o'clock tonight?"
- "I'm sorry. Mr. Williams _A_ to a conference long before then."
A will have gone B had gone C would have gone D has gone
当要表达将来的行为在将来的某时间之前完成用将来完成时，将来完成时结构：will have + p.p.
42. You _D_ him so closely; you should have kept your distance.
A shouldn't follow B mustn't follow
C couldn't' have been following D shouldn't have been following
should have + p.p. 本应该； shouldn’t have + p.p. 本不应该
43. The growth of part-time and flexible working patterns, and of training and retraining schemes, _D_ more women to take advantage of employment opportunities.
A have allowed B allow C allowing D allows
part-time 兼职； full-time 全职； flexible working patterns 弹性工作制； training 培训；
retraining 再培训； take advantage 利用；
44. Everybody _A_ in the hall where they were welcomed by the secretary.
A assembled B accumulated C piled D joined
assembled 聚集； secretary 书记。
45. Putting in a new window will _B_ cutting away part of the roof.
A include B involve C contain D comprise
46. Living in the western part of the country has its problems, _C_ obtaining fresh water is not the least. [the least 最高级]
A with which B for which C of which D which
42. Living in the central Australian desert has its problems, _C_ obtaining water is not the least. [the least 最高级]
A for which B to which C of which D in which
47. In the _C_ of the project not being a success, the investors stand to lose up to $30 million. [in the event of 万一，如果]
A face B time C event D course
in the face of 面对； in the time of 在…时期； in the course of 在…期间。
48. The manager would rather his daughter _D_ in the same office.
A had not worked B not to work C does not work D did not work
would rather + 动词原形； would rather + 句子（用虚拟语气，句子谓语动词用一般过去时）
49. _D_, he does get annoyed with her sometimes.
A Although much he likes her B Much although he likes her
C As he likes her much D Much as he likes her
如果用although引导则应改成：Although he likes her very much, …
50. The British constitution is _B_ a large extent a product of the historical events described above. [无论是在空格前还是后，如果出现了名词extent要找介词就着to]
A within B to C by D at
to a large extent 在很大程度上。
1. There be句型（表示有）；
There you go again. 你又去那里了。
3. 以Here开头的句子，且句子谓语动词为系动词be； Here you are. 拿去。
4. 以副词out, in, up, down, away开头的句子；
2. 省略了引导词if 的虚拟条件从句，可以把从句中的had, should, could, were中的任何一个提到从句最前面的位置，构成部分倒装；
3. as, though表示“尽管”时引导从句，从句中的表语可以置于引导词之前构成部分倒装；
例如：She is beautiful. They are students.
26. _B_ as it was at such a time, his work attracted much attention.
A Being published B Published C Publishing D To be published
being published 正在被出版； to be published 将要被出版。
此句恢复正常语序应为： As it was published at such a time …
常见的一些表示否定含义的单词：never, little, few, hardly (… when), scarcely (… when) ；
seldom 难得，不常；nowhere 哪里都不。
常见的一些表示否定含义的短语：in no way 决不； on no account 决不；
under no circumstances 在任何情况下都不。
5. only + 状语放在句首，句子用部分倒装；（如果only去掉就是全部倒装）
43. Only under special circumstances _C_ to take make-up tests.
A permitted are freshmen B freshmen are permitted
C are freshmen permitted D are permitted freshmen
freshmen 新生； make up for 弥补，补偿； make-up tests 补考（缓考）。
6. 注意两个表达形式：come what may 无论发生什么情况； say what you will 畅所欲言。
60. When I try to understand _C_ that prevents so many Americans from being as happy as one might expect, it seems to me that there are two causes.
A why it does B what it does C what it is D why it is
prevent sb. from doing sth. 妨碍（阻止）某人做某事。
强调部分本为： it is what that prevents so many …
又因为句中有疑问词，应写为： what is it that prevents so ...
但强调句式在句中作宾语成分，故正确写法为： what it is that …
50. I like watching TV _C_ to the cinema.
A more than to go B than going C more than going D rather than to go
than 除构成固定短语外就要与比较级搭配，不会单独出现； rather than + 动词原形；
1 找出连接词，2 使要填部分与已给出的对应部分形式完全一样。
51. I appreciate _D_ to your home.
A to be invited B to have invited C having invited D being invited
appreciate + 动名词（不能加动词原形，不能加句子）。
41. I would appreciate _B_ it a secret.
A you to keep B your keeping C that you keep D that you will keep
your keeping 动名词的复合结构。 you keeping 也是正确的。
52. I hope my teacher will take my recent illness into _C_ when judging my examination.
A regard B counting C account D observation
take sth. into account 考虑。
54. Important people don’t often have much free time as their work _C_ all their time.
A take away B take over C take up [占据] D take in
55. When I was very young, I was terribly frightened of school, but I soon ___ it.
A got off B got across C got away D got over
got over it 克服战胜。
56. Many people complain of the rapid _C_ of modern life.
A rate B speed C pace D growth
pace 节奏； rapid pace of modern life现在生活快节奏。
57. San Francisco is usually cool in the summer, but Los Angeles _B_.
A is rarely B rarely is C hardly is D is scarcely
rarely, usually 都是频度副词。通常频度副词的位置在系动词之后，表示实在意思的词前面。
58. The speaker, _D_ for her splendid speeches, was warmly received by the audience.
A having known B being known C knowing D known
know 没有现在分词；know 用主动形式时只能和两个介词搭配：of, about。
known for 以…而著名。
60. I couldn’t find _A_, and so I took this one.
A a large enough coat B an enough large coat
C a large coat enough D a coat enough large
61. I always _B_ what I have said.
A get to B hold to C lead to D see to
hold to 坚守，信守； see to 负责做，处理，照料（后面加的都是某件事情，不加人）
62. No sooner had we reached the top of the hill _C_ we all sat down to rest.
A when B then C than D until
no sooner … than 一…就…
63. Evidence came up _C_ specific speech sounds are recognized by babies as young as 6 months old.
A what B which C that D whose
evidence 证据、sign 迹象、fact 事实，后面都要带同位语从句，且从句用that引导。
64. He moved away from his parents, and missed them _A_ enjoy the exciting life in New York. [too … to，太…而不能…]
A too much to B enough to C very much to D much so as to
65. He was _C_ of having asked such a silly question.
A sorry B guilty C ashamed D miserable
guilty adj. 有罪的； be ashamed of 因…而羞愧（不好意思）的； miserable adj. 悲惨的。
66. The last time we had a family reunion was _B_ my brother's wedding ceremony four years ago.
A in B at C during D over
ceremony n. 典礼，仪式。要表达在某典礼（仪式）上用介词at。
at the graduation ceremony 在毕业典礼上。
67. What _A_ would happen if the director knew you felt that way?
A do you suppose B you suppose C will you suppose D you would suppose
do you supposed 常做插入语。
68. _D_ the advances of science, the discomforts of old age will no doubt always be with us. [despite prep. 尽管； as for 关于，至于]
A As for B Besides C Except D Despite
69. How close parents are to their children _B_ a strong influence on the character of the children.
A have B has C having D to have
influence on 对…造成影响，很大的影响中形容词用的是strong。
70. He _A_ when the bus came to a sudden stop.
A was almost hurt B was hurt himself C was to hurt himself D was hurting himself
hurt oneself 自残； be to + 动词原形，将要做某事；
41. Jean did not have time to go to the concert last night because she was busy _C_ for her examination.
A to prepare B to be prepared C preparing D being prepared
be busy doing sth. 忙于做某事
42. Five minutes earlier, _A_ we could have caught the last train.
A and B but C or D an order
1. 省略句 ＋ and + 句子； 2. 祈使句 ＋ and + 句子。
47. Turn on the television or open a magazine and you _B_ advertisements showing happy balanced families.
A are often seeing B will often see C often see D have often seen
43. I cannot give you _D_ for the type of car you sell because there is no demand for it in the market.
A an expense B a charge C a purchase D an order
order n. 定购，订单； purchase n. 购买。
45. By the end of this month, we surely _C_ a satisfactory solution to the problem.
A have found B will be finding C will have found D are finding
solution to a problem 一个问题的解决方案。
46. Mr. Wilson said that he did not want to _A_ any further responsibilities.
A take on B get on C put up D look up
take on 承担； take on responsibility 承担责任。
47. Having no money but _B_ to know, he simply said he would go without dinner.
A not to want anyone B not wanting anyone C wanted no one D to want no one
dinner n. 正餐（多指晚餐）； supper n. 夜宵，晚餐； breakfast n. 早餐； lunch n. 午餐；
brunch n. 早午餐。[but前后的句子要平衡]
48. We desire that the tour leader _A_ us immediately of any change in plans.
A inform B informs C informed D has informed
desire v. 要求，表要求时后面加句子要用虚拟语气， (should) + 动词原形。
其他同样用法的词还有ask, demand, request, require.
49. Not _B_, the process of choosing names varies widely from culture to culture.
A obviously B surprisingly C particularly D normally
not surprisingly 一点也不奇怪。 vary vi. 变化。
vary from … to … 从一种形式变化到另一种形式。vary between … and … 在两者之间进行变化。
29. Features such as height, weight, and skin color _B_ from individual to individual and from face to face.
A change B vary C alter D convert
individual n. 个人，个体； individualism n. 个人主义。
44. The hope, goals, fears and desires _D_ widely between men and women, between the rich and the poor.
A alter B shift C transfer D vary
50. A man escaped from the prison last night. It was a long time _A_ the guards discovered what had happened.
A before B until C since D when
It + 系动词 + 一段时间 + before引导的句子 在…之前花费多少时间。
54. Scientists say it may be five or ten years _D_ it is possible to test this medicine on human patients.
A since B when C after D before
51. In the experiment we kept a watchful eye _D_ the developments and recorded every detail. [keep a watchful eye on 密切主意，留神]
A in B at C for D on
52. There's little chance that mankind would _D_ a nuclear war.
A retain B endure C maintain D survive
retain vt. 保持，保留； endure v. 忍受； maintain vt. 维持，保持，坚持认为；
survive vi. 生存； vt. 活过 … （宾语为某种灾难）。 survive a flood 活过一场洪水。
前缀sur表示过 … ，外，超； vive 表示生活，强调活着。
54. They usually have less money at the end of the month than _C_ at the beginning.
A which is B which was C they have D it is
less … than句子前后要平衡结构。
55. In the course of a day students do far more than just _A_ classes.
A attend B attended C to attend D attending
far more than 远远多于，远不止于；也要句子前后平衡结构。
56. The French pianist [n. 钢琴师] who had been praised very highly _C_ to be a great disappointment.
A turned up B turned in C turned out D turned down
turn up 后面不加宾语表示出现，后面加宾语表示将声音调高，调大；
turn in + 宾语 上缴，交出； turn down 将声音调低，调小；拒绝；
refuse sb. 指直接的回绝； turn sb. down 则指委婉的拒绝；
turn out + 动词不定式 最终证明是，结果是。
57. Many difficulties have _B_ as a result of the change over to a new type of fuel.
A risen B arisen C raised D arrived
因本句未加宾语，估不应选不及物动词，可排除C项； arrive vi. 到达，抵达；
rise vi. 升起，升高（侧重指旗帜或太阳升起）；数量的增高（侧重指水位、价位）；
the sun rises in the east and sets in the west 太阳东升西落。
arise vi. 升起，升高，出现，发生（经常与抽象名词联用）。
69. A completely new situation will _B_ when the examination system comes into existence.
A arise B rise C raise D arouse
33. Last year the advertising rate _D_ by 20 percent.
A raised B aroused C arose D rose
58. He made such a _D_ contribution to the university that they are naming one of the new buildings after him.
A genuine B minimum C modest D generous
name after 以…的名字来命名。genuine adj. 真正的，货真价实的； genuine leather 真皮；
minimum adj. 最低的，最小的； modest adj. 谦虚谨慎的，适度的；
generous adj. 慷慨的，慷慨大方的（修饰贡献等用这个）。
59. Helen was much kinder to her youngest child than she was to the others, _D_, of course, made the others jealous.
A who B that C what D which
1. which前面有逗号与其他句子分开。 2. which指的是前面整句话的内容。
67. _C_ is known to the world, Mark Twain is great American writer.
A That B Which C As D It
60. In the advanced course students must take performance tests at monthly _B_.
A gaps B intervals C length D distance
interval n. 间隔（即可指空间间隔，也可指时间间隔），四级考试中专考时间间隔的概念。
23. Students or teachers can participate in excursions to lovely beaches around the island at regular _D_.
A gaps B rate C length D intervals
at regular rate 以规则的速度； at regular interval 以规则的时间间隔；
61. Mr. Johnson preferred _A_ heavier work to do.
A to be given B to be giving C to have given D having given
64. Our company decided to _D_ the contract because a number of the conditions in it had not been met.
A destroy B resist C assume D cancel
65. She is _C_ a musician than her brother.
A much of B much as C more of D more as
be of 具有某种性质、品质或特点；
66. Having been found guilty, the man was given a severe _B_ by the judge.
A service B sentence C crime D crisis
sentence n. 判决，判刑； crisis n. 危机； economic crisis 经济危机；
68. The residents, _C_ had been damaged by the flood, were given help by the Red Cross.
A all their homes B all whose homes C all of whose homes D all of their homes
69. You can't afford to let the situation get worse. You must take _D_ to put it right.
A decisions B directions C sides D steps
take steps 采取措施，采取行动； take measures 采取措施；
70. Look at the terrible situation I am in! If only I _B_ your advice.
A follow B had followed C would follow D have followed
if only 如果，要是...就好了，其后面的句子一定要用虚拟语气。
1. 如果if only后面的句子表示与现在或将来的事实相反，这时谓语动词用一般过去时体现虚拟语气。
2. 如果if only后面的句子表示与过去的事实相反，这时谓语动词用过去完成时体现虚拟语气。
47. If only the committee _D_ the regulations and put them into effect as soon as possible
A approve B will approve C can approve D would approve
也可以用would + 动词原形。
42. Mark often attempts to escape _C_ whenever he breaks traffic regulations.
A having been fined B to have been fined C being fined B to be fined
escape + 动名词。
44. It is recommended that the project _A_ until all the preparations have been made.
A not be started B will not be started C is not started D is not to be started
recommend vt. 推荐，建议，后面加句子要用虚拟语气，谓语动词的形式：(should) + 动词原形
45. I wish I _D_ longer this morning, but I had to get up and come to class.
A have slept B slept C might have slept D could have slept
wish 后面的句子要用虚拟语气，表示与过去事实相反用：情态动词 + have + 动词过去分词。
46. We didn't know his telephone number, otherwise we _D_ him.
A had telephoned B must have telephoned
C would telephone D would have telephoned
48. While people may refer to television for up-to-minute news [最新的消息], it is unlikely that television _A_ the newspaper completely.
A will replace B have replaced C replace D replaced
49. An Olympic Marathon [马拉松] is 26 miles and 385 yards, approximately [大约] _B_ from Marathon to Athens [雅典].
A distance B the distance C is the distance D the distance is
50. You will want two trees about ten feet apart, from _D_ to suspend your tent.
A there B them C where D which
介词 + which + 动词不定式(to do sth.) 整体做定语。
本句可改写为：You will want two tress about ten feet apart, to suspend your tent from.
只要见到有介词出现在空格之前，而选项中有which, them, there, where等词则应选which。
51. As I was just getting familiar with this job, I had _C_ to ask my boss.
A many B most C much D more
当many没有修饰任何其他词而单独出现时表示很多人。 much在这里相当于many things。
52. _A_ quite recently, most mothers in Britain did not take paid work outside the home.
A Until B Before C From D Since
until recently 直到最近； not surprisingly 一点也不奇怪。
53. The survival of civilization as we know it is _C_ threat.
A within B towards C under D upon
under threat 受到威胁。
55. In some countries, _D_ is called "equality" [平等] does not really mean equal rights for all people.
A which B one C that D what
56. I walked too much yesterday and _A_ are still aching now.
A my leg muscles B my muscles of leg C my leg's muscles D my muscles of the leg
英语中一个名词修饰另外一个名词时第一个名词要用单数。 apple trees, eye drops
57. Radio, television and press _B_ of conveying news and information.
A are the most three common means B are the three most common means
C are the most common three means D are three the most common means
2. 数词应放在第二位；3. 最后考虑其他形容词。
58. Liquids are like solids _C_ they have a definite volume.
A with that B for that C in that D at that
三个与that的搭配的表达形式：now that, in that [因为], except that。
59. When a fire _C_ at the National Exhibition in London, at least ten priceless paintings were completely destroyed.
A broke off B broke down C broke out D broke up
break out （火灾、战争）突然发生，爆发；
60. The destruction of these treasures was a loss for mankind that no amount of money could _D_. [make up for 弥补]
A stand up to B put up with C come up with D make up for
61. Then the speaker _B_ the various factors leading to the present economic crisis.
A went after B went into C went for D went on
go after 追求，设法得到； go into 谈论，叙述； go for 袭击/支持； go on 继续。
62. The students was just about to _C_ the questions, when suddenly he found the answer
A arrive at B submit to C give up D work out
63. When there are small children around, it is necessary to put bottles of pills out of _B_.
A hand B reach C hold D place
out of reach 够不着； within reach 够得找。
64. The _D_ of blood always makes him feel sick.
A form B look C view D sight
form n. 形式，形状； view n. 风景，景色/视野，视域； look 指的是主观有意识的看；
sight n. 看见，瞥见（不强调主客观）。
66. Free medical treatment in this country covers sickness of mind as well as _B_ sickness
A normal B ordinary C average D regular
sickness of mind 精神病； normal adj. 正常的； average adj. 平均的，中等水平的；
regular adj. 有规律的，规则的； ordinary sickness 一般性疾病。
68. Although he had looked through all the reference material on the subject, he still found it hard to understand this point and her explanation only _C_ to his confusion.
A extended B amounted C added [add to 增加] D turned
70. It took him several months to ___ the wild horse.
A tend B cultivate C tame D breed
tame vt. 驯服； breed 强调的是繁殖，侧重指大批量的繁殖。
It take sb. sometime to do sth. 做某事花了某人多少时间。
1. or 或者； 2. either … or … 不是…就是… ，…或… ； 3. neither … nor … 既不…也不… ；
4. not only … but also … 不但…而且… ； 5. not … but … 不是…而是…
例如：主语1 or 主语2 谓语动词。 此时由主语2决定谓语动词。
10. _C_ either he or his accountants going to claim for the loss?
A Are B Where C Is D Does
如果题目改变为：Either he or his accountants ___ going … 则应选A
常见的几个复合名词： people 人民，人们； police 警察； cattle 牛； poultry 家禽。
2. 表示数量的复数名词 + 不可数名词，整体做主语时
例如：去年出口了八百万顿煤。 Eight million tons of coal were exported last year.
399. -- “How many days?”
0 -- “Did you say that five days _C_ required to complete that work?”
A are B were C was D is
with, together with, like, except, besides, in addition to, rather than, as well as
4. each, every, either, some, any, no，由以上六个词中任何一个所构成的复合代词作主语时；
some经常构成的三个复合代词：something, somebody, someone；
no经常构成的三个复合代词：nothing, nobody, no one； either of + 短语；
2> and连接的两部分被no, each, every中任何一个词修饰时；
例如：每位男士和女士都要着装得体。 be supposed to do sth. 理应，应该做某事。
Every man and every woman is supposed to dress properly.
11. Many an airplane _B_ in the exhibition.
A are shown B has been shown C has shown D show them
many a(an) 很多，相当于many； many a(an) + 可数名词单数，做主语时谓语动词用单数。
6. many a (an) + 可数名词单数，作主语时谓语动词用单数。
9. Not only Joan but her sisters _B_ the combination to the safe which contains the list of the family securities.
A have known B know C knows D is knowing
not only … but also … 的一种变形形式，not only … but …
另一种变形形式not only … but … as well
combination n. 密码； combination to the safe 保险箱密码； securities有价证券。
41. She ought to stop work; she has a headache because she _A_ too long.
A has been reading B had read C is reading D read
had read 过去完成时要与一般过去时搭配。
has been reading 现在完成进行时：指某行为从过去一点到现在一直在进行。
42. Niagara Falls is a great tourist _B_, drawing millions of visitors every year.
A attention B attraction C appointment D arrangement
tourist attraction 旅游胜地； attention n. 注意力； appointment n. 委任的职位，约会；
date n. 日期，约会，枣；表示约会时指的是异性之间的私人约会。 arrangement n. 布置，安排
blind date 两人第一次见面的约会。 appointment 指公事性质的，比较正式的约会。
43. I don't mind _B_ the decision as long as it is not too late.
A you to delay making B your delaying making
C your delaying to make D you delay to make
mind 后要加动名词； delay v. 耽搁，延误（后面也要加动名词）
45. Corn originated in the New World and thus was not known in Europe until Columbus found it _A_ in Cuba.
A being cultivated B been cultivated C having cultivated D cultivating
46. The sale usually takes place outside the house, with the audience _C_ on benches, chairs or boxes.
A having seated B seating C seated D having been seated
Be seated please. 请坐。 英语中只有及物动词才有被动语态。
47. This kind of glasses manufactured by experienced craftsmen _B_ comfortably.
A is worn B wears C wearing D are worn
65. The coming of the railways in the 1830s _A_ our society and economic life.
A transformed B transported C transferred D transmitted
transform 改革，变革，改变； transport 运输； transfer 转移，移动；
transmit 传送，播送；疾病的传染，传播； transplant 移植。
48. Some diseases are _D_ by certain water animals.
A transplanted B transformed C transported D transmitted
49. Wouldn't you rather your child _B_ to bed early?
A go B went C would go D goes
would rather的两种用法：1 would rather + 动词原形；
2 would rather + 句子（句子谓语动词用一般过去时体现虚拟语气）。
50. Although Anne is happy with her success she wonders _B_ will happen to her private life. [wonder后面要加疑问词]
A that B what C it D this
51. The words of his old teacher left a _C_ impression on his mind. He is still influenced by them. [lasting adj. 持久的，永久的； liberal adj. 开明的，心胸开阔的]
A long B lively C lasting D liberal
52. Mike's uncle insists _D_ in this hotel.
A staying not B not to stay C that he would not stay D that he not stay
insist的两种用法：1 insist on … 坚持，坚决要求；
2 insist + that引导的从句（从句谓语动词为[should] + 动词原形）
53. We agree to accept _D_ they thought was the best tourist guide.
A whatever B whomever C whichever D whoever
they thought是插入语，可以不看； tourist guide 导游。
56. Although many people view conflict as bad, conflict is sometimes useful _C_ it forces people to test relative merits of their attitudes and behaviors.
A by which B to which C in that D so that
in that 因为； conflict n. 冲突； relative merits 相比较而言的优点； so that 以至于。
57. He is _A_ about his chances of winning a gold medal in the Olympics next year.
A optimistic B optional C outstanding D obvious
optimistic adj. 乐观的； pessimistic adj. 悲观的； be optimistic about 对…持乐观态度。
optional adj. 随意的，任选的，非强制性的； optional courses 选修课；
outstanding adj. 卓越的，杰出的； obvious adj. 明显的。
58. Sometimes I wish I _B_ in a different time and a different place.
A be living B were living C would live D would have lived
59. The director was critical _C_ the way we were doing the work.
A at B in C of D with
be critical of 对...爱挑剔的，批评。
60. In a sudden _B_ of anger, the man tore up everything within reach.
A attack B burst C split D blast
within reach 够得着； out of reach 够不着； burst 爆发，迸发；
1 能与人的情绪（喜、怒、哀、乐）搭配； 2 能与掌声、笑声搭配。
61. _D_ she realized it was too late to go home.
A No sooner it grew dark than B Hardly di