Strengthen Your Boundaries: Love yourself enough to say no to others’ demands on your time and energy. Step back & reassess the situation. A note from me this week over at Twitter
Monthly Feature: I Dare You to Do Something Different:
I am encouraging you and myself, for the entire month of June to put your whole entire beautiful self first. It’s not about ignoring your family members and friends nor becoming totally self absorbed.
It’s simply about making sure you are nurturing and rejuvenating yourself sufficiently on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Be mindful you are not ignoring nor depleting your own energy reserves unwisely and unnecessarily.
This months dare is a double dare and an opportunity to experience how absolutely amazing you would feel if you:
* eat and drank well - you’d be nourished and hydrated
* conscious of your breath - slowing down fast shallow breathing
* quality rest - getting a balance between busy and calm, yin and yang
* said no more often without feeling guilty - strong personal boundaries
* released stress and worry often with regular simple rejuvenation tips
* softened your thinking and refreshed your mind - back in your body
* added more moments of joy and bliss - know what fills you up
* restored your soul by listening to its soft guiding voice - meditate or journal
* spent more time outside to revive your spirit and soul - get grounded
Get Your Groove Back By Rejuvenating You - I Double Dare You:
It’s all about energy in and and energy out:
This month I encourage you to observe just how much time you spend on giving energy out compared to receiving energy in. The ultimate goal of course is to add more and more moments of receiving energy in; so you feel full, whole and complete rather than half empty, drained and depleted.
A more balanced and equal exchange of energy in and out is what we are all aiming for to rejuvenate ourselves naturally.
Emotional upset drains you in an instant:
Personal rejuvenation is even more urgent if you have been exposed to a recent emotional upset. Emotional trauma is one of the quickest and easiest ways to deplete your energy reserves in an instant. It often comes without warning and turns your world upside down. The more intense or the longer the emotional upset continues the greater the focus needs to be on putting yourself first. It takes time and energy to re build your energy levels and internal strength again. Have patience and put yourself first more often.
You only have two choices:
1. Rejuvenate regularly
2. Deplete yourself with physical, emotional and mental exhaustion and then wait for the illness to arrive
Start Rejuvenating Now:
Simply put yourself first for the month by focusing on one or more of the above suggestions I have listed (just under the photo).
You may choose to put yourself first by frequently focusing on your breath. When your breathing is shallow and fast your thinking is hurried and fast. You talk fast, eat fast, drink fast, become anxious and work fast. It’s a classic symptom of stress.
By observing your breathe and becoming conscious of slower, deeper breathes you are sending quality, life giving oxygen into your body and brain. You greatly calm your mind and actions along with releasing stress and tension with each long slow exhale. All this and much more happens when you simply choose to put yourself first and focus on your breath.
For me personally I’m going to focus on strengthening my boundaries and releasing stress and worry more often. Sounds like a rejuvenation plan to me.
Now, go forth and rejuvenate.